Road FC CEO: "UFC is like Cancer for MMA"

MMA as a Global sport.

Quote:
If MMA is to become a global sport I really feel it has to decide whether it is a professional sport or an amateur sport. In soccer, if it is the professional league if you want to trade or buy out a professional soccer player; first you have to negotiate with the team and consequently negotiate a transfer fee. If it is the amateur FIFA league, there are governing bodies that make jurisdictions for each continent and country and you have to negotiate with that organization. This is the same for the Olympics. But the UFC ignores any kind of structure and merely tries to buy out fighters to try to “globalize” the sport. The way the UFC tries to poach all the stars that these separate MMA organizations work hard to create is not indicative of a professional or amateur sport, it is just a cheap and dirty method to monopolize MMA. What the UFC is doing is no different from what a thief does.

Misconceptions about fighters going to the UFC.

Quote:
A lot of fans think that having fighters go to the UFC help out the organization, but instead all it does is force an organization to survive without their 1-3 top athletes. Fans must understand that it will only get harder for the organizations to create top-level fights and matchups. Also there is nothing that can be done for sponsorship money if the top fighters are gone.

ROAD FC champ Kang Kyung Ho's entry into the UFC.

Quote:
Other international organizations can’t even comprehend why ROAD FC let Kang Kyung Ho go the UFC. They were asking why we would do that when all the MMA organizations around the world had made partnerships to help each other out. This made me understand the limits of having loyalty and honor towards your fighter when the biggest organization in the world is not playing fair. I realized that it wasn’t the wisest decision once it became apparent how much harder it would be for ROAD FC to get sponsors.

Solutions.

Quote:
If ROAD FC disappears because of the UFC this means that Korean MMA will not evolve, and it will be very difficult for good fighters to come out of Korea. In summary, the UFC’s business practice is like a cancer to not only the development of Korean MMA but MMA all around the globe.

The only solution I can think of is for every international MMA organization to create a mutually beneficial network. One thing for sure is that no organization should applaud the way the UFC is basically poaching fighters for free. This is really the most difficult obstacle ROAD FC is facing for next year. If there is anyone out there who has a reasonable and logical solution, please get in contact with me.

http://www.mfight.co.kr/news/news_view.php?bcode=1&lcode=1&mcode=1&scode=22&code=mfight_board_news&page=1&number=24879&keyfield=&key=

lol, and why would all fighters aspire to be in the UFC if it is a "cancer".

bitch please, run your business properly and you will do fine.

Why we don't hear Bellator losing their shit all the time after losing their guys?

This guy is the Korean Ken Pavia

I agree with this

"How dare these fighters attempt to make more money and work towards their goal of being world champion. Road FC champion should be enough. The UFC is mean"

Utah get me two - "How dare these fighters attempt to make more money and work towards their goal of being world champion. Road FC champion should be enough. The UFC is mean"

How dare fighters try to earn a paycheck and feed their families outside of the ultimate wrestling championship!

Interesting points, the current way that MMA is setup is pretty much impossible to develop prospects. Sure you have your Aldos and Jones, but there is a ton of guys who get there and are out with no time to develop. Who knows where a guy like Cain's career would have went without the UFC bringing him along slowly. More promotions means more ability to build stars, the UFC really takes a ruthless way to promotion but as far as I can tell all fight promoters do.

It's also dumb to call the UFC a cancer when you consider the amount of top level fights they put on

I do think there are some problems with the UFC, but this guy is just jelly.

Chris27 - MMA as a Global sport.

Quote:
If MMA is to become a global sport I really feel it has to decide whether it is a professional sport or an amateur sport. In soccer, if it is the professional league if you want to trade or buy out a professional soccer player; first you have to negotiate with the team and consequently negotiate a transfer fee. If it is the amateur FIFA league, there are governing bodies that make jurisdictions for each continent and country and you have to negotiate with that organization. This is the same for the Olympics. But the UFC ignores any kind of structure and merely tries to buy out fighters to try to “globalize” the sport. The way the UFC tries to poach all the stars that these separate MMA organizations work hard to create is not indicative of a professional or amateur sport, it is just a cheap and dirty method to monopolize MMA. What the UFC is doing is no different from what a thief does.

Misconceptions about fighters going to the UFC.

Quote:
A lot of fans think that having fighters go to the UFC help out the organization, but instead all it does is force an organization to survive without their 1-3 top athletes. Fans must understand that it will only get harder for the organizations to create top-level fights and matchups. Also there is nothing that can be done for sponsorship money if the top fighters are gone.

ROAD FC champ Kang Kyung Ho's entry into the UFC.

Quote:
Other international organizations can’t even comprehend why ROAD FC let Kang Kyung Ho go the UFC. They were asking why we would do that when all the MMA organizations around the world had made partnerships to help each other out. This made me understand the limits of having loyalty and honor towards your fighter when the biggest organization in the world is not playing fair. I realized that it wasn’t the wisest decision once it became apparent how much harder it would be for ROAD FC to get sponsors.

Solutions.

Quote:
If ROAD FC disappears because of the UFC this means that Korean MMA will not evolve, and it will be very difficult for good fighters to come out of Korea. In summary, the UFC’s business practice is like a cancer to not only the development of Korean MMA but MMA all around the globe.

The only solution I can think of is for every international MMA organization to create a mutually beneficial network. One thing for sure is that no organization should applaud the way the UFC is basically poaching fighters for free. This is really the most difficult obstacle ROAD FC is facing for next year. If there is anyone out there who has a reasonable and logical solution, please get in contact with me.

http://www.mfight.co.kr/news/news_view.php?bcode=1&lcode=1&mcode=1&scode=22&code=mfight_board_news&page=1&number=24879&keyfield=&key=

LOL! This guy sounds like the old wrestling promoters bitching about Vince Jr. being a better businessman then them!

I think the UFC is a cancer for other reasons though............

It is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Pay them and they will stay!

Animal Chin - 
Utah get me two - "How dare these fighters attempt to make more money and work towards their goal of being world champion. Road FC champion should be enough. The UFC is mean"

How dare fighters try to earn a paycheck and feed their families outside of the ultimate wrestling championship!

Well, if you had the choice of making $3000 or so at Road FC and then Dana says "Hey, how about I give you $15000/15000?"  It would be stupid not to take it.  If these companies want to get bigger, they have to do it on their own.  It's not up to Dana to help them out.  That's how business works.  You don't see the NBA trying to help out the crappy little leagues in europe, or the NHL trying to help out the KHL in Russia. 

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Animal Chin - 

Well, if you had the choice of making $3000 or so at Road FC and then Dana says "Hey, how about I give you $15000/15000?"  It would be stupid not to take it.  If these companies want to get bigger, they have to do it on their own.  It's not up to Dana to help them out.  That's how business works.  You don't see the NBA trying to help out the crappy little leagues in europe, or the NHL trying to help out the KHL in Russia. 

The NHL strike is the best thing that could've happened to the KHL lol. It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of Russian players just stay home. Especially knowing whenever this labor contract is up the NHL will be right back in the same boat again.

Mertvaya Ruka - lol, and why would all fighters aspire to be in the UFC if it is a "cancer".

bitch please, run your business properly and you will do fine.

Why we don't hear Bellator losing their shit all the time after losing their guys?

This guy is the Korean Ken Pavia

i think bellator just lost their shit... it sounds like a big legal battle is coming regarding eddie alvarez.

Animal Chin - 

who's stopping them?  this guy wants to stop free agents from signing with the UFC.

tbi0904 - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
Animal Chin - 

The NHL strike is the best thing that could've happened to the KHL lol. It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of Russian players just stay home. Especially knowing whenever this labor contract is up the NHL will be right back in the same boat again.

Oh some fringe guys will be staying in Europe and Russia for sure especially if they lose a full season again because then  you have two full draft years entering the league in one shot.  But I don't see the top tier guys like Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovy etc. staying in Russia.  And I think the NHL could stablilize by the time the next CBA rolls around if they move a couple of teams to better markets.

if he had a champion's clause his champion couldn't jump to the UFC without negotiating with them first...

this is (partly) why Bellator is so crazy harsh with it's non competes and matching periods.

HenryO - Interesting points, the current way that MMA is setup is pretty much impossible to develop prospects. Sure you have your Aldos and Jones, but there is a ton of guys who get there and are out with no time to develop. Who knows where a guy like Cain's career would have went without the UFC bringing him along slowly. More promotions means more ability to build stars, the UFC really takes a ruthless way to promotion but as far as I can tell all fight promoters do.

It's also dumb to call the UFC a cancer when you consider the amount of top level fights they put on

the amount of fights for talent development is growing everyday.... there's an enormous amount of fights going on every weekend all over the world and it's only increasing.  There were over 50 mma events in ohio last year.  That's just ohio.

this guy is complaining because he cant become a big player in korea with the UFC around.

MMALOGIC - 
HenryO - Interesting points, the current way that MMA is setup is pretty much impossible to develop prospects. Sure you have your Aldos and Jones, but there is a ton of guys who get there and are out with no time to develop. Who knows where a guy like Cain's career would have went without the UFC bringing him along slowly. More promotions means more ability to build stars, the UFC really takes a ruthless way to promotion but as far as I can tell all fight promoters do.

the amount of fights for talent development is growing everyday.... there's an enormous amount of fights going on every weekend all over the world and it's only increasing.  There were over 50 mma events in ohio last year.  That's just ohio.

this guy is complaining because he cant become a big player in korea with the UFC around.

Small time events in small time venues paying small time money.

Not a place where a fighter can stay in grown, those are the time of promotions a fighter fights a couple time and jets

MMALOGIC - 

This. It would be like Ring of Combat complaining the UFC signs their fighters and they get nothing for it. Sorry but thats your job.

You are a regional level org, talent comes through your org and they want to move on to UFC and Bellator.

He talks about not getting any compensation for building these fighters up, does he pay other orgs whose fighters he signs?

Does he pay the UFC or Pride or ZST or Deep if he signs a fighter another org built up?

I imagine Kume is gonna be the next guy, he is gonna want to keep him from the UFC.

Daht - if he had a champion's clause his champion couldn't jump to the UFC without negotiating with them first...

this is (partly) why Bellator is so crazy harsh with it's non competes and matching periods.

they dont have a champions clause because nobody was signing with them...  they instead used automatic extensions, trademark rights, matching periods on guys they cut, etc... to lock fighters in.  as soon as everyone got hip to it, Bellator was forced to go to different parts of the world to sign guys because gyms werent allowing any of their guys besides the B level to sign with them.

I don't really understand these guys who say stuff like this. The better UFC does and the more guys the UFC signs from them, the more money Road Fc is going to make and top prospects will continue to want to fight for them.

Like the local show in New Jersey. Phone Post