Roasting prime rib roast for 1st time, TME

Have a 4 lb roast sitting in the fridge with a nice little rub on it overnight.

Plan is to hit it at 500 for 10 min and then 350 for 2 hours.

Anything I should be aware of? Phone Post 3.0

Four pounds for two hours? You should aim for 15-17 minutes per pound. I like the idea of searing it at 500 for 10 minutes. After that you probably want it in at 350 for 60-75 minutes tops. Then let it rest for at least 25 minutes. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the advice! Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48HSaTkt1U

I'm going to try the method in the video. Sounds fantastic. Phone Post 3.0

Wahlau - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48HSaTkt1U

that looks great

500 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, then turn the oven off. Do NOT open oven door for an hour or little less. Best way to cook a standing rib roast Phone Post 3.0

Do the Paula Deen method.  I did this 3 times already.  Perfect every time.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/foolproof-standing-rib-roast-recipe/index.html

How is going? Started yet? Do u have access to a Rotissere... If so, best way ever to make a Prime!

Merry FEASTMAS Phone Post 3.0

got a 4 pounder on the Egg right now..cooking at 225. Will pull when the roast gets to 130 and then  foil for  30 minutes while I increase the heat to about 600....sear it on each side for about 20 seconds and then on to the plate

30 min left to go, will post pics when done! Phone Post 3.0

Smoke 2 hrs at 250 pull off cook 325 for 3 1/2 hours let sir for half hour Phone Post 3.0

Doing on one New Year's Eve.... I do one every year. Get a good meat thermometer, and don't get the meat above 130-135 degrees for rare / midrare. Enjoy. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck!!!!! My dad overcooked ours tonight. Not a single spot of pink, not even in the middle. Phone Post 3.0

derelict - Fuck!!!!! My dad overcooked ours tonight. Not a single spot of pink, not even in the middle. Phone Post 3.0
That absolutely sucks. Sorry bro. Phone Post 3.0

Prime Rib and Horseradish Sauce

Standing Rib Roast (Bone In)
1 1/2 whole Garlic Cloves Chopped
1 Large yellow Onion
Olive Oil
Spice Rub (Black Pepper, Coarse Salt, Garlic Powder)

1. Let meat sit until it is room temperature (about 3 hours).
2. Preheat oven to 475. Apply spice rub to Olive Oil coated meat generously.
3. Place meat, garlic, onions, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a casserole dish into oven. Let cook for 15-20 minutes until a nice crust is formed.
4. Check meat every 30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 120-125 degrees. Approximately 15 minutes per pound of meat.

Horseradish Sauce
16 oz. Sour Cream
4 oz. Deli Mustard
3 oz. Mayonaisse
4 tbsp prepared white horseradish
1/2 cup chopped chives

1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix. Phone Post 3.0

Subbed just for mendelsons HR sauce

And +1 for meat thermometer

Sub Phone Post 3.0

mendelson -
derelict - Fuck!!!!! My dad overcooked ours tonight. Not a single spot of pink, not even in the middle. Phone Post 3.0
That absolutely sucks. Sorry bro. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks. It really does suck. I could have cooked it no prob, but he's stubborn. Phone Post 3.0

www.4gp.tw/m026/1388027165569.jpg Phone Post 3.0