Robber Bets Victim Doesn't Have Gun, Victim Shoots

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/25827893/shooting-victim-drives-to-jackson-apartment-complex

Police: Robbery suspect loses 'bet' that victim doesn't have a gun
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 8:37 AM EDT Updated: Jun 22, 2014 12:25 PM EDT

Posted by Brad Conaway - bio | email

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
A man with a gunshot wound was reported, Friday morning, at an apartment complex called the Pines on Watkins Drive; but he wasn't shot there.

Jackson police say, shortly before that, a guest at a nearby Motel 6 had a run in with the man in the rear parking lot.

They say the guest was approached by a man asking for cigarettes.

The hotel guest said he didn't have any cigarettes.

The man began to walk away, when , police say, he turned around and said "I bet you don't have one of these", pointing a gun in his direction.

The guest did have "one of these," and began firing at the suspect. He reportedly hit the man at least once.

The shooting victim left and was later picked up by ambulance at the Pines apartments.

He was hospitalized, but is not being identified at this time.

Right now the man who shot him, a contractor from the coast working in Jackson, is not being charged. He was protected under Mississippi's castle law.

The case will still be presented to the Hinds County Jury.

Double or nothing? Phone Post 3.0

LMAO. 

The old "Ya got a cigarette" to get close trick.  Fucking unoriginal bastard.

It's the old got a cigarette or do you have the time routine, it's obvious they're trying to get in close to bad things

If it's at late at night and someone asked I'd start swinging, specially If there's more than one Phone Post 3.0

https://media.giphy.com/media/3eRmTQMsW55AY/giphy.gif

So crazy gun owner shoots guy bumming smokes.

FABombDropper -
BackOffWarchild -

LMAO. 

The old "Ya got a cigarette" to get close trick.  Fucking unoriginal bastard.

Had a buddy get robbed like that. He really had a cigarette and they punched him in the face when he went to grab one. Phone Post 3.0
Two guys tried that on me in an apartment parking lot at 1:00 am. I had my gun under my seat and told them to back up I don't want any trouble. Had the gun in my hand hidden and luckily they backed up and left. I saw them scoping out cars when I pulled in, I was scared. Thought it was going down. Phone Post 3.0

Isaac Bickerstaff -

I wish these CCW holders would learn the double tap so these people can be sent to a higher court.

A controlled pair, if you will. Phone Post 3.0

So he just watched him pull it out, point it at him and shoot? Even if I had a gun on me, I wouldn't have played that game

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - So he just watched him pull it out, point it at him and shoot? Even if I had a gun on me, I wouldn't have played that game

When I was 17 I got carjacked by a large black man with a revolver.  Being 17, and it being my first time being held up (I'm up to 4 now), I was shitting brix and not really paying attention, just in "OMG DON'T SHOOT ME" mode.  Of course, adult me knows that the revolver he pointed at me was rusted beyond belief, likely wasn't loaded, and that if he had tried to shoot me from more than ten feet one of two things would have happened:

1. The weapon would have misfired

2. He wouldn't have hit shit anyways

Point being, a lot of muggers are totally prepared and down to kill someone, and a lot of muggers are junkies or losers who don't have the will/ability to kill someone.  I'm guessing the moron from this particular story was the latter.

zetti -
BackOffWarchild - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - So he just watched him pull it out, point it at him and shoot? Even if I had a gun on me, I wouldn't have played that game

When I was 17 I got carjacked by a large black man with a revolver.  Being 17, and it being my first time being held up (I'm up to 4 now), I was shitting brix and not really paying attention, just in "OMG DON'T SHOOT ME" mode.  Of course, adult me knows that the revolver he pointed at me was rusted beyond belief, likely wasn't loaded, and that if he had tried to shoot me from more than ten feet one of two things would have happened:

1. The weapon would have misfired

2. He wouldn't have hit shit anyways

Point being, a lot of muggers are totally prepared and down to kill someone, and a lot of muggers are junkies or losers who don't have the will/ability to kill someone.  I'm guessing the moron from this particular story was the latter.

You were robbed 4 times? Damn man, I'm glad that you're still here with us! Your input on the GOT threads is great. VU!

This
Where are you from or what the fuck do you do? Phone Post 3.0

What about the poor dude that just wants to crash a cig?

There have been studies on this. Its the reaction time, you have gun pointed at someone, they move to draw their weapon, your mind as to process what is happening. Then s the gun is drawn you start to realize the danger, and you make the connection to fire. He is drawing fire while you are making realizations and decisions.

Rock Solid - It's the old got a cigarette or do you have the time routine, it's obvious they're trying to get in close to bad things

If it's at late at night and someone asked I'd start swinging, specially If there's more than one Phone Post 3.0

Sometimes they just want a smoke :)

pcuzz - So crazy gun owner shoots guy bumming smokes.
So you went through the whole rigmarole of signing up for this site and you can't read? I applaud your dedication and perseverance. VU. Phone Post 3.0

I was accosted at about 3am or so once in a rough part of town.

Came out of nowhere and asked for a smoke. Said I had none and he pointed to obvious bulge and said he could see them.

Naturally I told him that was my wallet.

I was not robbed but may have had a better answer if not drunk. Phone Post 3.0

BlueFox90 - 
pcuzz - So crazy gun owner shoots guy bumming smokes.
So you went through the whole rigmarole of signing up for this site and you can't read? I applaud your dedication and perseverance. VU. Phone Post 3.0

Sarcasm, how does it work anyway?