Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 2

Do any fighters you can think of wear double sided mouthguards? I remember someone back in the day but I'm blanking on it. I ask because Robbies lip is 100% caused by his bottom lip being punched and going over his sharp bottom tooth. The one 3 out from the middle. I had the exact same cut from a punch and I'm surprised we don't see it more. If you get hit in that spot it's really easy for your lip to curl over your tooth and get cut through like butter.

Great fight. Robbie has super human recovery.

The bloody stare down after the bell in the 3rd(or 4th...can't remember) was crazy

Foos - Great fight. Robbie has super human recovery.

PEDs, imo.

Conor McGazelle - 

The bloody stare down after the bell in the 3rd(or 4th...can't remember) was crazy

End of 4th. The visible damage on both fighters was ridiculous. Rory looked like he was auditioning for the role of The Red Skull and Robbie with the ripped lip, I’ve never even seen anything like it.

IronWill -

Do any fighters you can think of wear double sided mouthguards? I remember someone back in the day but I'm blanking on it. I ask because Robbies lip is 100% caused by his bottom lip being punched and going over his sharp bottom tooth. The one 3 out from the middle. I had the exact same cut from a punch and I'm surprised we don't see it more. If you get hit in that spot it's really easy for your lip to curl over your tooth and get cut through like butter.

I think Baroni wore one in a couple fights, I might be wrong.

I never thought of that happening never mind seen it. I'm glad it doesn't happen more often.

I was high on blow with a bunch of friends at 5am in north London when this went down. We all lost interest in the fights and were fucked up then as this fight went on each of us started getting progressively back into it. By the end we were all screaming at the tv fucking up my neighbors. Good memories

Still my favorite fight of all - time on the greatest (UFC) card of all - time.

ThatsHowIRoll -

I was high on blow with a bunch of friends at 5am in north London when this went down. We all lost interest in the fights and were fucked up then as this fight went on each of us started getting progressively back into it. By the end we were all screaming at the tv fucking up my neighbors. Good memories

Wow, you were high on blow? Fuckin' awesome man. You're the coolest. I wish I could destroy my heart like you. Legit legend you are.

Maybe one day I can get high on blow and remember how fucking badass I am because of your inspirational comment.

Amazing fight and moment in mma.

Not sure how Lawler got so good late in his 30's, with unlimited endurance and power that doesn't fade deep into fights. 

This fight either demonstrates absolutely why PEDs are extremely dangerous (for the other guy, ie costing Rory a year of his career and destroying his will to fight), or, that Lawler is one of the scariest MFs ever. Or both.