Robbie/Rory - One of the best title fights?

kingkoopa - 
wiggum - It was an amazing fight.

In UFC history, I'd put it alongside the following:

-Hughes v. Trigg and Penn (II) for what I consider to be pretty epic comebacks
-Jones v. Gus
-Silva v. Chael I
-Mendes v. Aldo II
-Both Edgar v. Maynard fights

My personal favorite is Aldo Mendes - I cannot think of a fight in which a higher level of MMA skill is displayed.

One that doesn't belong on the list, but that I love is Cormier Johnson because of the Herculean shot Cormier ate in the beginning followed by a great comeback and theft of Rumble's soul.

Robbie v. Rory belongs near the top of any list - probably top 3.
No mention of Rizzo vs Randy?

That was the best Phone Post 3.0

Oh, crap. How could I forget that?

"Aldo Mendes was great, back and forth but I felt Aldo always had an answer for Chad."

Yeah, that's why I cite it as my personal favorite - not necessarily the best. You're right. But it was just fought at such an insanely high level that I can't get enough of it. I feel like I'm a better fighter and coach because I've watched it.

SurgicalGloves - 
Ant124m -
Robbie ruthlessly breaks faces - I don't think Robbie was down coming into round 5 I reckon whoever won the last won the fight.. Was such a awesome fight I was standing the whole damn thing loved it and that bloody staredown !! I've watched it like 6 times already Phone Post 3.0
You do know the scorecards were released right? And they showed Rory was winning 3-1 going into the 5th. Lawler needed that finish. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sorry but those judges were fucked off during that fight. Phone Post 3.0

No, they really weren't.  Watch the fight round by round and score each one individually.  Rory won 1, 3, and 4.  Robbie won most of 3, but the amount of damage Rory did in that minute and a half won the round. 

Fights aren't scored off damage as a whole, just round by round.

Loved that fight! Loved it!

Questions going into it:

Has Rory improved enough to the point where he wouldn't shy away from Robbie on the feet?

Could Robbie prove he was a worthy champ by defending the belt?

Would the takedown happen for Rory like it did the first time?

And when Robbie sprawled like a demon on Rory, it was on, and the rest would e answered! Rory looks confident and isn't backing down, but Robbie is piecing Rory's face up little by little. Then a lot! Then Rory with the comeback and near-finishing flurry! The bloody staredown!

And no matter what you had it scored in round 5, no one knew what the scores were (I had Robbie). You think this is heading towards a controversial finish and then...? Robbie just breaks Rory's face! One warrior rises, one falls in sheer agony and blood.

Yeah, so good. Phone Post 3.0

Definitely the most violent. Phone Post 3.0

Definitely the most violent title fight ever, and for sure one of the best overall. Recently Gus vs Bones comes to mind, and Aldo vs Mendes 2... GSP vs Hendricks... and let's not forget Fedor's epic brawls with Big Nog and CroCop.

Although it wasn't in the 5th but Hughes/Trigg II. After the nut shot and the pummeling I thought Matt was done. I was ready to throw shit at my tv. Then he gets out, picks Trigg up, walks him across the entire octagon, dumps him and then chokes him out. Amazing stuff. Favourite fight of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Ant124m -
Robbie ruthlessly breaks faces - I don't think Robbie was down coming into round 5 I reckon whoever won the last won the fight.. Was such a awesome fight I was standing the whole damn thing loved it and that bloody staredown !! I've watched it like 6 times already Phone Post 3.0
You do know the scorecards were released right? And they showed Rory was winning 3-1 going into the 5th. Lawler needed that finish. Phone Post 3.0
Yes I do know that and didn't agree with the judges at all ! It's scary how if that fight did goto the end it could have been a UD to Rory ! Could have been a huge robbery !! But by my score cards it was pretty even going into the last Phone Post 3.0

Molsonmuscle360 - 
SurgicalGloves - 
Ant124m -
I'm sorry but those judges were fucked off during that fight. Phone Post 3.0

No, they really weren't.  Watch the fight round by round and score each one individually.  Rory won 1, 3, and 4.  Robbie won most of 3, but the amount of damage Rory did in that minute and a half won the round. 

Fights aren't scored off damage as a whole, just round by round.

Yes. This is correct. Until the last minute of round 3, it really looked like the first fight. Starts with Rory winning a technical battle in round one with Robbie picking him apart and doing real damage in rounds 2-3. But at the end of round 3, Rory picked it up like crazy and definitely won the round.

btfos - I don't put Shogun vs Hendo in that high of a regard. Shogun was robbed of a blatant draw

As if we needed more proof that you are Thiaguy.

btfos - 
wiggum - 
btfos - I don't put Shogun vs Hendo in that high of a regard. Shogun was robbed of a blatant draw

As if we needed more proof that you are Thiaguy.

yeah because it's impossible that anyone else could hold that same opinion, despite the overwhelming majority saying that Shogun was robbed of a draw. Your a nut job

Would you argue that Shogun . . . IS SHOGUN?

Ant124m -
Based on his opinion I'm assuming. But i agree with him on that. If Robbie won the 5th round and lost the belt by decision that would have been a horrible job by the judges. Fight was 2-2 pretty clearly imo Phone Post 3.0

Floyd'sPeehole -
Ant124m -
Based on his opinion I'm assuming. But i agree with him on that. If Robbie won the 5th round and lost the belt by decision that would have been a horrible job by the judges. Fight was 2-2 pretty clearly imo Phone Post 3.0
You nailed it buddy.. In my opinion as I was watching the fight I thought it was all even going into the fifth.. Phone Post 3.0