Robert Drysdale

Is Kirik spamming again?

Can a mod please send him a warning?

Drysdale is amazing. He read Garcia very well and slapped on the arm triangle faster than I could blink.

Cool meeting you Kirik and thanks for the awesome deal on the DVDs.

Robert has been consistently doing well in tournament for a while. It's great that this win over Garcia has made him a household name in the jiujitsu/grappling world. He deserves everything he gets

Drysdale is definitely a great grappler. I must agree that subbing Marcelo is a great accomplishment but damn, it isn't unthinkable. Huge weight discrepancy.

If  I had a chance to train with Drysdale, I wouldn't pass on it. The price is very reasonable too.

remind me. what did drysdale tap garcia with?>

ttt

Drysdale was down in FL with Damien training for AD and he was incredible. Nice guy and had so many submissions, Just watching him was a blast. Definitely can teach you alot.

Sao Paulo is the pits. It makes Toledo, Ohio look like New York. It would cost you the same to train at BTT in Rio and be on the beach. Mario, Murillo,Bebe, etc.

"remind me. what did drysdale tap garcia with?"

From what I remember, Garcia shot in a third time for a single leg. Drysdale was ready for it and snaped on an arm triangle/anaconda choke. He then brought Garcia down and went to hook the legs. Garcia defended by walking away but you can still sink that choke if you're strong enough to just squeeze like hell (especially if you're much stronger).

$300 per week seems very reasonable, considering all the stuff that's included (train as much as you want, well-equipped lodgings, 3 meals per day.)

Wow, you can train at BTT in Rio for the same price? Any info on that? I agree that Rio is much nicer than Sao Paulo... Where is the academy located (near the beach?)

i've heard nothing but great things about him, now this win should really boost his rep!

HUGE win for Robert, as much as I like Marcelo Garcia I was happy for Rob as well.

Robert Drysdale is an American who speaks English and Portuguese very well. Really nice guy, and the win hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Here's an interview I did with him a few months ago, trying to get the word out on what a high level grappler he is. Guess the world knows now :)

Robert Drysdale Interview at OTM

mataleo1

the btt academy is in Lagoa very close to the beach. there were several americans and canadians down there. they rented a room for $250.00 FOR THE MONTH. food is cheap, the beach is great and the babes are out of this world. i totally respect Drysdale but like I said Sao Paulo is the PITS.

Cool Gumby. Really unique story.

thx S&D,

Is it pretty safe around that area? How are the rooms? I certainly might be going there!