Robert Guerrero arrested

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/boxer-robert-guerrero-arrested-york-airport-attempting-bring-150429569--box.html

"Boxer Robert Guerrero, who is slated to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 4 in the main event of a Showtime pay-per-view card at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, was arrested Thursday morning at New York's John F. Kennedy Airport for attempting to board an airplane with a handgun.

According to multiple reports, Guerrero, 30, was arrested after trying to bring an unloaded gun onto a Delta flight bound for Las Vegas. The New York Post reported that the gun was a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson semi-automatic. However, the local NBC affiliate reported the gun was a 9 mm Smith & Wesson. Guerrero had no ammunition with him.

Charges against Guerrero, who was in New York to promote his fight with Mayweather, are pending."

how fucking dumb are these athletes, carrying a piece to the airport?

"The Christian Guerrero appeared on the "700 Club" with Pat Robertson in Norfolk, Va., then visited ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Conn., to tape interviews and hosted a media lunch in New York on Tuesday.

After wrapping up the promotional blitz, he was headed back to Las Vegas on Thursday morning when, according to multiple reports, he tried to bring an unloaded pistol onto his Delta flight.

Fox New York reported that he was carrying a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun. He reportedly did not have any ammunition with him.

According to the reports, Guerrero disclosed that he had the weapon at the ticket counter, at which point police were called. A source told ESPN.com that Guerrero has a permit to carry a gun in California, but is not licensed in New York, where gun laws are among the strictest in the nation.

How -- or if -- his arrest will impact the fight is unclear."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9108048/robert-guerrero-arrested-illegal-gun-possession-ny-airport

I don't get why someone would not expect their handgun getting snagged by the TSA - when you can't even get a bottle of lotion by them.?.

He was talking about Jesus yesterday and carrying his gun today!! Phone Post

Sounds like he was just trying to take his gun with him...he disclosed it at the ticket counter and didnt have it loaded..why didnt they just tell him to check it with his bags?

Or did he check it and they still arrested him in New York.

Fucking TSA homeland security bullshit.

why does a trained boxer carry a gun? Can't he just rely on his hands?

Oh well, it was a nice career while it lasted. NY is so fucked with gun laws I can see him doing a few years over this.

Maybe he got framed? Phone Post

don't feel like making a thread for this but
Lamont Peterson fails another drug test, positive for HCG
http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/3/28/4157176/lamont-peterson-fails-another-drug-test-positive-hcg-2013-boxing-news

IBF junior welterweight titlist Lamont Peterson has failed another post-fight drug test, this time testing positive for HCG after his February 22 win over Kendall Holt. Peterson, 29, was fighting for the first time since 2011, when he beat Amir Khan and tested positive for synthetic testosterone.

Peterson (31-1-1, 16 KO) overwhelmed Holt in their bout, which aired on ESPN Friday Night Fights, stopping the New Jersey fighter in the eighth round. It was a terrific comeback performance, but there were some growing concerns recently when there was some debate about the drug test results actually being released. Now, it appears, we know why.

HCG is known primarily as a fertility drug for women, but was also used by baseball's Manny Ramirez, who was suspended for testing positive for the drug in 2009. DC commission head Sheldon J. Brown had previously told the IBF and Holt's team that Peterson's tests had come back negative, which clearly is not the case, and it's a credit to the IBF in particular that they demanded to actually see the results, given that they had cut Peterson some slack the first time around and allowed him to retain their title belt.

jhedges - 
PrettyBoy - Sounds like he was just trying to take his gun with him...he disclosed it at the ticket counter and didnt have it loaded..why didnt they just tell him to check it with his bags?

Or did he check it and they still arrested him in New York.

Fucking TSA homeland security bullshit.

The issue here is that it was in NY where the gun laws are completely different from California, Nevada, and any other state. In most cases, what he did is the exact procedure you follow to take your gun with you. Problem is, he's not licensed to possess a gun in NY, and thus by disclosing it at the ticket counter admitted to breaking the law.

That is retarded as fuck. There should be some sort of travel allowance simply for interstate commerce reasons. I mean the guy isnt planning on living in New York just let him take his gun and mosey the fuck on out of state.

If New York wants to have laws that strict there should be a room or something at the airport dedicated to holding guns for visitors if they choose to excersise their constitutional rights everywhere else.

When keeping yourself safe goes wrong. Phone Post

ElFeroz - 

He was talking about Jesus yesterday and carrying his gun today!! Phone Post

So I guess it's pretty safe to say he's a Republican?

Guerrero has been charged with one count of criminal possession of a firearm and three counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon. If Guerrero is convicted, he can potentially face up to four years in prison. Phone Post

D241 -

You'd think he would have a harder time bringing his hands on the plane than an unloaded gun. Phone Post

Wow Phone Post

D241 - 

First thing that popped into my mind. I can't imagine there are too many Robert Guererro stalkers out there that he feels his life is in jeopardy around every corner he approaches. This seems kinda retarded to me.

D241 -

I hope you're trolling, dude :) Phone Post