Rockhold: “I’m still the best motherf**ker” in the

Obviously a great athlete but his persona makes you it want him to win lol. He also doesn’t do enough to protect his chin when he fights, which leads to all those knockouts. Rewatched his Bisping fight last night and his hands are always down. 

People in the gym aren't trying to knock you out.....  

1 Like

He still has a lot of entertaining KO losses in him.  Luke could be the first UFC fighter to get knocked out in 3 different weight divisions. 

4 Likes
Paramount Donkey - 

Best in the gym doesn’t mean best under the lights.

that doesnt really apply to a guy whos already been UFC undisputed world champ though

he subbed bisping and tkod weidman

this isnt a "gym hero" type

1 Like

His looks and intelligence(BEEP!) mean that he has a very viable shot at a 20 year broadcast career if thats what he wants.

But more KOs are not gonna be without long term consequence.

FYI, Ive heard from people at the sessions that no gi Rockhold is so good on the ground he is able to get subs on current world champion level Buchecha. 

Which is nuts.

Roger has also said that despite us never seeing it in the cage, Weidman's BJJ subs are elite top tier.

2 Likes

No chin. Not sure why he's confused. No one thought his skills sucked. His chin left him. No one in the gym is testing his chin, nor should they be. 

2 Likes

^^^ Correct. He's the baddest man in the gym due to headgear and partners not throwing 100% power at his chin. He's got all the talent in the world, but not the greatest chin or additude. He may win another fight or two, but he'll never be champ level again. 

EKPOGI -

awesome,former champ deserves a shot.hopefully vs Rumble at lhw since they both came from a lower weight out of action and even bay area Cali/Florida connection.

Lol can't tell if your serious or just having a laugh? Luke gets KOed for a third time in a row if he fights rumble, and then he'll retire again, the damage rumble could cause would be permanent. You must really hate him. I think if he comes back, he should return to middleweight, maybe a fight against Kelvin Gastulem would be his best option. I really think his chin is shot, dude cant compete with the top five in middle or light heavy, he'd get put to sleep over and over again 

1 Like
stevekt -

He still has a lot of entertaining KO losses in him.  Luke could be the first UFC fighter to get knocked out in 3 different weight divisions. 

Even after his last two KO loses, he still manages to be a smuggy butthole..  he deserves it 

Swamp Donkey -
stevekt -

Even after his last two KO loses, he still manages to be a smuggy butthole..  he deserves it 

As fans, we deserve it.  Luke owes the fans as many highlight reel losses as his body can handle.  

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see him get starched again.

1 Like
Swamp Donkey -
EKPOGI -

awesome,former champ deserves a shot.hopefully vs Rumble at lhw since they both came from a lower weight out of action and even bay area Cali/Florida connection.

Lol can't tell if your serious or just having a laugh? Luke gets KOed for a third time in a row if he fights rumble, and then he'll retire again, the damage rumble could cause would be permanent. You must really hate him. I think if he comes back, he should return to middleweight, maybe a fight against Kelvin Gastulem would be his best option. I really think his chin is shot, dude cant compete with the top five in middle or light heavy, he'd get put to sleep over and over again 

Yeah but Rockhold was a former champ,and Rumble has never been one.Rumble has been in a long lay off and Rockhold has the luxury of not cutting to 185 anymore.

Should be a match made in heaven.

and then he gets punched in the face and wilts like a flower.

1 Like
HELWIG - 
Paramount Donkey - 

Best in the gym doesn’t mean best under the lights.

that doesnt really apply to a guy whos already been UFC undisputed world champ though

he subbed bisping and tkod weidman

this isnt a "gym hero" type

Dude is cocky and unlikable as it gets but he’s been Strikeforce and UFC champ, and a top dog for years. He isn’t just a “gym hero” indeed.

But I’ve never seen this level of cockiness DURING fights. Even arrogant guys like Izrael or JBJ or OMalley or McGregor will respect their opponent’s ability to hurt them.

While at times, and definitely against Bisping, Luke has acted like NOTHING his opponent could do mattered, like he was so above them.

Of course he doesn’t play the race card as whining crybaby Woodley, but both seem to bitch, moan and complain all the time, while having a life better than 99.999% of humans, yet being too bitter to enjoy it.

1 Like

Maybe he needs to change his to avoid getting chinned. Throw one strike at a time like Overeem and keep distance.

1 Like
Swamp Donkey -
EKPOGI -

kelvins got fast hands and a mean left he kos luke just like one eyed mike

Rockhold was emasculated by Yoel's third hook.

Donoghue88 -

Maybe he needs to change his to avoid getting chinned. Throw one strike at a time like Overeem and keep distance.

That's what I was thinking. Overeem changed his game and made a huge comeback. Maybe Luke can do the same. 

If he had any sense he would use his world ground game to his advantage, but i don't think his ego will allow him to do that, because he likes to strike too much and with his chin it is an accident waiting to happen.

Terrible defence and punch resistance.

Awful boxing other than his straight left.

1 Like