Rodolfo Vieira debuts in MMA 2morrow...

BJJ champ Rodolfo Vieira is making his mma debut tomorrow against Zarylbek Daniyar in AFGC.

Going w/ Rodolfo by submission.

Your pick?

In for results

Any background on the guy he's fighting?

Where can we watch?

In for result!

Awesome. For those that don't know, he's a 4 or 5 time world champion in the gi (winning both his weight class and the absolute multiple times), and also an ADCC champion. Plus, he's only 27.

I believe he's been training with ATT for the past year or so getting ready for MMA.

42091120969 -

Where can we watch?

Rodolfo by soul crushing from mount!!!

pbody - Awesome. For those that don't know, he's a 4 or 5 time world champion in the gi (winning both his weight class and the absolute multiple times), and also an ADCC champion. Plus, he's only 27.

I believe he's been training with ATT for the past year or so getting ready for MMA.
Worth mentioning that he's more in the mould of Jacare than Roger Gracie or Ryan Hall. A serious specimen and explosive athlete.

Saw a cage side video of it on Facebook. Some moderate standup for a little bit. Really nice blast double using his leg as an outside trip. Pretty quick pass to mount then side mount then knee on belly back to a high mount. His opponent had no real solid mount escape plans and ended up giving up his back. rnc finish after about 20 second of belly down back control.

Rodolfo has the kinda game that should do well in mma. Hope he takes it slow an works his way up

onyx2002 - Saw a cage side video of it on Facebook. Some moderate standup for a little bit. Really nice blast double using his leg as an outside trip. Pretty quick pass to mount then side mount then knee on belly back to a high mount. His opponent had no real solid mount escape plans and ended up giving up his back. rnc finish after about 20 second of belly down back control.
Thanks bro

onyx2002 - Saw a cage side video of it on Facebook. Some moderate standup for a little bit. Really nice blast double using his leg as an outside trip. Pretty quick pass to mount then side mount then knee on belly back to a high mount. His opponent had no real solid mount escape plans and ended up giving up his back. rnc finish after about 20 second of belly down back control.
Thanks

burner22 -

Rodolfo has the kinda game that should do well in mma. Hope he takes it slow an works his way up

Totally. Monstrous pressure

Been waiting for this. He was supposed to go to Rizin, I wonder what happened. Maybe he's just getting tuneup fights. 

onyx2002 - Saw a cage side video of it on Facebook. Some moderate standup for a little bit. Really nice blast double using his leg as an outside trip. Pretty quick pass to mount then side mount then knee on belly back to a high mount. His opponent had no real solid mount escape plans and ended up giving up his back. rnc finish after about 20 second of belly down back control.

even with solid mount escapes you probably arent getting out of rodolfos mount...

Rodolfo is the biggest reason there's ped testing in bjj now.

BigEyedFish -
onyx2002 - Saw a cage side video of it on Facebook. Some moderate standup for a little bit. Really nice blast double using his leg as an outside trip. Pretty quick pass to mount then side mount then knee on belly back to a high mount. His opponent had no real solid mount escape plans and ended up giving up his back. rnc finish after about 20 second of belly down back control.

even with solid mount escapes you probably arent getting out of rodolfos mount...

Absolutely, as you can see a few posts above I predicted the win by crushing mount.  Watching him make the highest level guys look lost under his mount gives me hope that he can bring back mount to MMA!  I have a tendency to tell our fighters at the gym to sort of avoid mount just because I haven't really seen anyone smash from there like they used to in the old days.  I just hope he can stay clean or at least get the really really high dollar stuff....

I think youre right and honestly I think that the mount is and can be that devastating position.  I think it has lost credibility in part because of how people strike from the mount.  I always think back to the Rickson v Levicki fight in early Pride.  Every time Rickson lands a punch from mount he throws heavy punches slowly and lands every one.  Levicki's face noticably winces in that fight when RIckson lands. 

Modern MMA I think people try to rain down flurries of punches to get the stoppage but what that does is to take away from your attention to your base and makes your weight variable.  This helps the opponent to roll out or even escape.  I think if you measure your strikes and focus on landing hard shots instead of volumes of punches, you can pay more attention to your position and inflict more damage

Brutal ground game