ROF 29 fight card annouced!

Sven,
I've been contracted to work an ice skating competition in Dallas, TX the weekend of your show. if you want/need my services we need to work out the details ASAP. Call me 719-660-3340.

TTT!

Boogie Email Me.

TTT FOR A GREAT SHOW

TTT

Looking like a great event!

will do Shannon

ttt - Getting close

Sven, you made mention that the show may be aired the following weekend. I'd like to hear more about that. I've got some things in the works right now that may play into that.

FIGHTER FOCUS TYLER TONER

General News

Young Gun Champion Tyler THUNDER Toner will be defending his belt at ROF 29. The Brazilian Jiujitsu stylist is undefeated in MMA with a perfect 5-0 record. All but one of his fights have ended by TKO or submission in the first round. Toner has one punch knockout power, and very slick submission skills. Toner's opponent is wrestler Scott Jorgensen.

What do you know about your opponent for ROF 29? I read his interview and he seems like a pretty nice dude. From what I know, he's a little super-wrestling athletic beast. It should be a good fight.

How long have you been training for this fight?
About 6 weeks. After every fight I tell myself I'm not going to take a break, but that never works out too well for me. I usually put on about 15 pounds by about a week after the fight no problem.

What game plan do you have?
Hopefully win, then the party's on like voltron.

What made you decide to start fighting?
I don't know. I'm Irish. I think I have to. Really though, I started training at Easton BJJ a couple of years ago, and watching Jay Jack and Cruz Chacon fight made me want follow in their footsteps. One day, Finnie McMahon and I decided we were going to get in the ring and do it. The whole fight experience is definitely something that is impossible to duplicate in any other way. Now I kind of crave it.

Who has been your toughest or most memorable fight?
Definitely my last fight against Joey Jesser. That guy is tough.

What are your goals in the sport? Keep training, keep getting better, one day be the best. For right now I would settle with leaving a sparring session with Duane or a rolling session with Eliot with a little shred of dignity left. As of right now that's not happening.

Who is your favorite fighter of all time?
I don't know. I'm a fan of a lot of fighters. Nogueira, Eliot Marshall, Duane Ludwig, Jay Jack, Amanda Buckner, and Charles Barkley.

Click HERE to read the rest of the interview

FIGHTER FOCUS LUKE CAUDILLO

General News

Luke "Lil' HULK" Caudillo could be referred to as the gate keeper at 155 for RING OF FIRE. Since debuting for the promotion back in 2003, he has fought six times against some of the best lightweights in the region. He has recently moved to Denver and is training at Nathan Marquardt's High Altitude Gym. Caudillo is coming off a 3 fight win streak, highlighted by a 16 second K.O. in Canada's TKO organization. His opponent is Dennis “The Piranha” Davis.

What do you know about your opponent for ROF 29? I know he is a very skilled fighter, tough, and holds a few titles in other organizations.

How long have you been training for this fight?

I have been training with Duane, Eliot, and the rest of the crew ever since I moved up here to Denver...so about 3 months.

What game plan do you have? My game plan is pretty easy, I just want to keep the fight at a fast pace and exciting. Whether it stays on our feet or on the ground it is going to be me throwing heavy bombs.

What made you decide to start fighting? I wrestled all my life and I always liked fighting so I thought it would be a fun thing to get into.  I can give most of the credit to Kelly Wiseman for getting me started with his gym back home.

Who has been your toughest or most memorable fight? The toughest AND most memorable was my first fight against Brock Larson.  We threw down and it was a war.

What are your goals in the sport? My main goal is to be a top contender, in the light-weight division, and in a big show.  And of course make some good money too.

Who is your favorite fighter of all time? I would have to say my favorite fighter is Rampage Jackson because he always goes out there to fight and put on an entertaining show.

Click
HERE t
o read the rest of the interview

TTT!

General News

Ryan Hass hails from Des Moines, Iowa. Hass lives, eats, and breaths MMA. Besides training full time as a professional fighter, he is also the co-promoter of Midwest Cage Fighting Championship with UFC veteran John Halverson. Hass is a fitness junkie, and spends most of his time split between working out in the gym and on the mat training MMA. While his ground game is his strong point he feels very comfortable on his feet. Hass will be challenging Christian Allen for his 145 lb Championship belt. On paper this is one of the most even matches on the card. Height, weight, style , and record. But this is MMA and statistics mean nothing when the doors shuts. What matters is who wants the belt more.

What do you know about your opponent for ROF 29? I know he has a well rounded game, so I expect nothing more than a great fight- possibly the nest fight of the night. Christian has a good reputation in the MMA community and I am excited for the opportunity to compete against him.

How long have you been training for this fight? When I was offered the fight, I was already training hard with others for upcoming fights for quite a while. I took a week break here, and slowed down there, but yeah, when I got the call I was training hard so I didn't have to pick it up or anything. Eight weeks. It has really helped that my training partners are all training for fights, so it has been really intense. I train in the morning and night, and I would definitely say that I have trained harder for this fight then any in the past.

What game plan do you have? I never go in with a game plan because so much can change in an instant. I have prepared for every scenario whether it be standing or on the ground.

Click HERE to read the rest of the interview

TTT for a great event! Damnit Sven, somehow I am going to come out to another event (and I hope soon)

- ULTIMATE FIGHTER NICKELS STEPS INTO A RING OF FIRE
Thursday, April 26, 2007 - by Mick Hammond - MMAWeekly.com (Photo courtesy of April Pishna)
Mike Nickels.jpg
(Photo courtesy of April Pishna - PishnaPhoto.com)

Mike Nickels is anything but a conventional individual. Throughout his life it seems that regardless of his circumstances, Mike has gone his own route, authority or beaten path be damned.

From elephant trainer [no kidding], to tattoo artist, to MMA fighter, Nickels’ unique path in life has lead him to live more in just a few short years than many do in their entire lives. Not only has Mike’s personal life seen its share of unique circumstances, but his fighting career has as well.

Starting off in 2004 for the Ring of Fire promotion in Colorado, Nickels’ heavily tattooed frame and tell it like it is, straightforward style made him an instant crowd favorite. It was soon thereafter that Mike’s unique persona landed him a chance of a lifetime, after just a few professional fights.

Cast in Season 3 of The Ultimate Fighter, Nickels became one of the series’ most recognizable people. Even after breaking his nose early on in his opening bout loss to Matt Hamill, Mike showed the gritty determination that he’d been known for in Colorado and continued to fight until the very end.

Upon rebounding with an impressive win at the TUF 3 Finale over Wes Combs, Nickels would be scheduled to face fellow TUF alum Keith Jardine. But after two attempts, the fight never materialized, including Mike weighing in for their scheduled UFC 64 bout, only to drop out a few hours later due to a slipped disk.

After nearly a year away from fighting, Nickels is healthy again, ready to fight, and will do so for the Ring of Fire promotion this Saturday at the Broomfield Events Center, squaring off against Carpassio Owens in what should be a ruckus occasion both inside, and outside the ring.

Shortly after finishing a shift at Twisted Sol Tattoos, which Mike co-owns, Nickels spoke to MMAWeekly to discuss his road back from injury, his upcoming Ring of Fire showdown and what lays ahead for one of the truly “individual” fighters in MMA.

Click HERE to read the entire interview

FIGHTER FOCUS: CAPACCIO OWENS

What do you know about your opponent for ROF 29? What's not to know...I think everyone in the MMA community has seen Mike on Tuff 3, and he as somewhat of a superstar status right now.  I also know that he has finished most of his opponents by rear naked choke, so I'm really not trying to offer him any free piggy back rides..:)

How long have you been training for this fight? I've  been training for this fight for close to 6-8 weeks as well as some other ones that either were postponed or canceled.

What game plan do you have? I'm just planning on bringing it!  No matter if it's on the feet or on the ground. I want people to go home at the end of the night and be like "Man those guys left it all in the cage, and I would pay to see that shit again..anyday!"  Besides it's my last fight before heading out to Iraq, so why not let it end
with a bang?

What made you decide to start fighting? My promoter/trainer/coach got me into it.  We met over in Afghanistan during an Operation Enduring Freedom deployment. He was doing some MMA training with some of the guys from his unit, and I caught on pretty fast.  What other sport can you punch a grown man in the face for free and get away with
it..hahahaha...? Ok besides the sport of boxing...geez..it's a tough crowd!

Who has been your toughest or most memorable fight? Honestly, not to take away from any of my previous opponents, but the elevation in Colorado seriously kicked my ass..and by far has been my toughest opponent! That has had to be the worst feeling I've felt in a long time.  There are things you want to do in the cage, but your body just won't respond. I never want to feel like that again, so it has made me train harder and focus a great deal more on my conditioning.

What are your goals in the sport? I just want to represent the 82nd Airborne Division and The Army in the best way possible. We have a lot of soldiers who enjoy the sport, and we get a lot of competitors in the UFC that support us.  However, hopefully guys like myself can show them that instead of being on the sideline watching they can be in the driver seat.  And if all goes well, maybe we'll see MMA added as an All Army Sport.

Who is your favorite fighter of all time? That would have to be Randy Couure.  There is nothing in my eyes that he can't or hasn't done.  He's always been supportive of the troops, he's very professional in everything he does, and the man kicks ass.  What else needs to be said?

If you could fight any one, who would it be and why?
I would like to fight Matt Hughes just for kicks.  He's another guy that's real supportive of the military, and he is one hell of a champion.  To go out and defend your belt as many times that he has and win says a lot.  But if it was in my weight class, I would have to go with Tito Ortiz! I wasn't a big fan until I saw him on Season 3 of Ultimate Fighter, and I gained a whole new respect for him both as a fighter and coach.  I think I could learn a great deal from him no matter what.

What is a typical training day for you? My typical day starts off with a 0345am work call, strength training for an hour, and cardio training for another hour or so.  Then I start my actual duty day from 0900 to whenever. I usually do some type of bag work during my lunch break along with some more cardio.  If I get off early enough from work I do
ground work on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's are my stand up days.  On days I can't get off early I work out on my heavy bag at the house.

What are your hobbies? I like lifting weights, staying in shape, and spending time with my family when I can.

What is your favorite food? Would I be racist if I said chicken...lol..I'm just kidding..I like all types of food, but Chinese is my favorite.

What is in your CD/MP3 player right now? I have a mixed tape with R&B's greatest artists.

What is the last movie you saw? 300..Great Movie!

I love to clown around.  I'm a big kid.  I did a couple of amateur stand up bits while I was in college, and whenever we have free time at work I'm usually doing something crazy.     I have it on my myspace page "Why be mediocre when you can be great!"   My man Bruce!  You can't hit what you can't touch.  I would have to say "Pan"