Rogan Is Defeating Cancel Culture

7 Likes

1 Like

Joe Rogan not only survived the movement to cancel his Spotify podcast, he thrived.

The UFC color commentator came under fire for a multitude of controversial takes, to the point where Spotify’s own employees threatened to walk off the job. CEO Daniel Ek resisted pressure to silence the longtime comedian, calling podcast censorship a “slippery slope.”

In the end, it looks like the Rogan kerfuffle was good for the bottom line.
“You have been put through the wringer since we last met,” British political commentator Douglas Murray told Rogan during last Friday’s “Experience” podcast. “They did a number on you. Wow.”

“It’s interesting, my subscriptions went up massively – that’s what’s crazy,” Rogan countered. “During the height of it all, I gained two million subscribers. Yeah, [the media] went for it. It’s also fortunate that the people who went for it were CNN. They’re so untrustworthy and people know how biased they are and socially weird their anchors are.”

Rogan previously teased a CNN lawsuit for “making shit up.”
Spotify landed Rogan with an exclusive (some might say “gross”) $100 million dollar broadcast deal back in early 2020 and it didn’t take long for his brand of humor — and controversial guest list — to ruffle a few feathers (and delete a few episodes).
But was Rogan — or his critics — in the wrong?

“I talk shit for a living, that’s why this is so baffling to me,” Rogan told his audience during a recent comedy show. “If you’re taking vaccine advice from me, is that really my fault? What dumb shit were you about to do when my stupid idea sounded better? ‘You know that dude who made people eat animal dicks on TV? How does he feel about medicine?’ If you want my advice, don’t take my advice.”

4 Likes

Yo Joe Rogan is the man. Idk why he doesnt get more support from mma fans but most who dont are usually angry because he didnt call a fight the way they saw it. Id love to see some of these people call a fight and come up with something to say thats analytical or entertaining, difficult to do and still pls the masses imo

3 Likes

People talked so much shit about Goldie but Rogan and him just flowed so well together, their sound was very complimentary and Goldie let Rogan shine.

3 Likes

ttt for Rogan

1 Like

Nice

YES. Annik does not understand flow, whitespace or building tension like Goldie did. Goldie would fill in the cracks with context while Joe gave the commentary. Twas really perfect. The last great example is UFC 205.

2 Likes

Agreed my man. I really enjoyed Goldberg as you said he let Rogan control the narrative. I enjoy Anik also and the knowledge of the fight/fighters he shares with the audience. Hes done a great job of fitting in and becoming a part of the team. He seems like a solid dude also, real grounded from what i hear.