Rogan: Mendes could be as big a star as Conor

its not just about the fighting, in order to be a superstar you have to have the 'it' factor

gsp, rhonda, lesnar, silva, etc all have it mendes does not have it, not even close

you couldn't pay me enough to listen to this guy speak

I've been saying for years mendez will hold the belt. I've been a Conor hater up until like two weeks ago, but now don't want to see him lose :( Phone Post 3.0

I agree with Joe that Mendes can be a star but not near the level of Mcgregor. As others have pointed out, he just doesn't have the smooth talk. He barely has a personality at all, so I don't see how he could be as big of a star as Conor. He's a good looking guy (no homo) with excellent fighting skills, but he needs to develop a personality before we even entertain the idea of him taking over that mantle. Come on Joe.

I think he and Mendes must have ate the same piece of wild game. Phone Post 3.0

To me it is kinda sad that you have to "market" yourself with talking or doing something else than fighting.

I have always liked fighters who respect their opponent and are trying to finish the fight. Igor, Nog, Fedor, Shogun etc.

But maybe I am just getting old and I just want to see good fights. Makes me sometimes miss the old days...

Cant wait for the fight!

I live Rogan when he's high. Phone Post 3.0

Whats so hard about talking shit and winning fights. There thats the formula.

Oh yeah winning fights. Cuz anybody can talk shit. Phone Post 3.0

What I like best is that in that same podcast episode, they go on for several minutes about how annoying the MMA media is and how they just listen to podcasts of them looking for headlines to make shitty new articles about.

honestly, how many real stars are there in MMA that non-MMA fans know about?

Chocalate Al still has ads, but i've never seen Connor on TV advertisting tires or car batteries...

BshMstr - 

Chocalate Al still has ads, but i've never seen Connor on TV advertisting tires or car batteries...

how about video games? and he's only been in the UFC for 2 years.

MMAFAN167 - Whats so hard about talking shit and winning fights. There thats the formula.

Oh yeah winning fights. Cuz anybody can talk shit. Phone Post 3.0
But they can't. Phone Post 3.0

forrestfan - 
BshMstr - 

are you talking about the UFC game?

i think that's a good point, but again, that's still the UFC marketing Connor....

i think it's hard for MMA fans to look at this objectively, since MMA has always had a close connection with the fans that a lot of other sports didn't.

when i mentioned MMA to non-fans, Brock's name still comes up, Randy still comes up....  not many others, i guess.

but i don't follow many other sports, so i guess i'm not much different, in how i view other "stars"...

He had 2 chances to try and sell fights with Aldo. Both times he never came close to what Conor has done.

brahmabull81 - Hes as charismatic as Mighty Mouse. The fuck, Rogan?

But Joe is constantly going on about how great mighty mouse is and how big a star he is.

BshMstr - 
forrestfan - 
BshMstr - 

are you talking about the UFC game?

i think that's a good point, but again, that's still the UFC marketing Connor....

i think it's hard for MMA fans to look at this objectively, since MMA has always had a close connection with the fans that a lot of other sports didn't.

when i mentioned MMA to non-fans, Brock's name still comes up, Randy still comes up....  not many others, i guess.

but i don't follow many other sports, so i guess i'm not much different, in how i view other "stars"...

He i all over the TV pimping some phone game that Kate Upton is also doing ads for so I would say thats a pretty good deal for Conor considering. 1) He has not won a major MMA belt. 2) He has only been in the UFC for 2 years.

lmfao ok fuck it.

I officially love schaub. The dudes a fucking riot. Great dude.

And people shit on him, but he was very much in any fight he was in. He just gets caught. He has the ability to catch people but just didn't.

Hope hes making a good living now.

fuck he's got my crying laughing so hard..

If the fight was in america it might of been a different decision . If aldo didn't land that punch at the end of the first round it might have been a different fight. Come on dude.

Carne de cavalo é o melhor - Rogan is right on the money most of the time.

He is dead wrong here. Chad is a dumb jock, nothing more. Phone Post 3.0
This is true

I like Chad, but be reminds me of your typical Jock/Frat Boy that never grew up.
When he talks its just cringe worthy at times, he tries too hard.

When Conor talks it's madness. Phone Post 3.0

Rock the Gaspare -
Carne de cavalo é o melhor - Rogan is right on the money most of the time.

This is true

I like Chad, but be reminds me of your typical Jock/Frat Boy that never grew up.
When he talks its just cringe worthy at times, he tries too hard.

When Conor talks it's madness. Phone Post 3.0
Sorry couldn't finish

It's madness, the difference between the guys like Chael Sonnen, Nick Diaz and Conor are they're a special breed. Those guys are the ones everyone tunes into, if it's because you love them or hate them end of the day, they entertain you and you tune in Phone Post 3.0

Carne de cavalo é o melhor - Rogan is right on the money most of the time.

harsh but true..Mendes is a great athlete and fighter but his personality is lacking..the guy has zero charisma and his fighting style doesnt help...some guys just have "it" and Mendes doesnt..im not sure what he could do to get a fanbase..he shouldnt go out and pretend to smack talk like Sonnen so the only practical thing would be to start knocking guys out or just be ultra aggressive in his fights..start slamming guys onto their heads and finish with ruthless ground and pound...