Rogan owes Schaub an apology

Too much, too soon, and public. Low class move, then hides behind the friend card. Friends don't humiliate like that.

I lost a fight once in pretty bad fashion and I had a student tell me "what happened in there" and he told me how he brought his friends to watch me and everything. What a shitty feeling I had. And Schaub just got hammered. That was bullshit Phone Post 3.0

Fukn, they agreed beforehand tontalk about his fight and performance. Big Brown just didn't know RoDawgs was gonna bring up retirement shit. Phone Post

I know they agreed to talk about the fight but I think Rogan kind of blindsided him with the you will never be top level, may as well just retire talk.

Go clean your vaginas. Joe Rogan doesn't owe anyone shit. Who the fuck are you to say who owes who what? I mean really? Go cry about it some more. Im your friend, thats why I'm telling you this. Phone Post 3.0

Charizard - Go clean your vaginas. Joe Rogan doesn't owe anyone shit. Who the fuck are you to say who owes who what? I mean really? Go cry about it some more. Im your friend, thats why I'm telling you this. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I think he'd rather hear it from Rogan, even on the Podcast than from Dana after he hints to the media he will "Have the talk".

I'm pretty sure (assuming here) Dana talked to Rogan after the fight and was saying just as much to Rogan about Schaub, in fact probably worse cause Dana hates when guys perform like that for reasons other than health.

Friends wouldnt humiliate you like that. If so, what kind of friends do you have?

There's a way to tell the truth, that doesnt cut as deep but that was tough to listen to. And its really weird to humiliate someone and then say, "im only doing this because I love you."

Thats such BS. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't watch the podcast, but maybe Joe is genuinely concerned with Schaub suffering further injuries to his brain.

dhughes - I could be way off here but I see that Brendan has ask Fox Sports to post the broadcast and publicize it (minus the Reebok stuff) and what this tells me is that he is seeing all the chatter on the Internets and is thinking this is a marketing opportunity. I've never seen so much Schaub-talk on this forum as I have since this broadcast was aired. Feelings were probably hurt but he's not dumb and I'm sure he recognizes an opportunity when he sees one.

This is also entirely possible.

Look, in life you're going to have people criticize you & tell you you're not good enough & that you should quit, doesn't matter their intent. At the end of the day it's up to YOU whether you let it affect you negatively or positively. It's Schaub's career, he will either take Rogan's advice & retire or keep competing.

Rogan doesn't owe Schaub shit. He asked to be criticized, he got it!

He needs to apologize to a man that fights the biggest, toughest men on the planet with his bare hands. For a heart to heart conversation he asked for.

Makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

Totally out of order. Anyone who defends Rogans way of doing this is an imbecile. Phone Post 3.0

Brendan posted this on his twitter before it started. Joe didn't want to do it live, but Brendan said he wanted to do it live.

Brendan Schaub @BrendanSchaub · Dec 8
Not gonna be easy. Discussing my fight in today's #FighterAndTheKid w/ special guest @joerogan send us questions now!

Rogan says it all the time. Either devote yourself to becoming the champ or give it up, there's no room for dabbling in MMA.

I think he gave some good advice. Phone Post 3.0

While he may have had some valid points, that came across more condescending than genuinly concerned to me. At least for the part i managed to listen to. Phone Post 3.0

I think rogan is genuinely concerned about his friend and maybe being so brutally honest on air was done to really hammer it home. He said schaub has a fairly big ego and maybe a conversation in private wouldn't have had the effect he wanted. Doing it in a public forum makes it hard for Brendan to hide from the truth and that might have been done on purpose.

I think he was also doing it for any other friends/coaches of fighters listening as well. If he's willing to tear someone down on air maybe others need to be willing to speak up when it's time for someone to get out too. Phone Post 3.0

from what would be schaub's income if he retired?

Or Schaub owes him a thank you depending on how you look at it. Phone Post 3.0

4 of 5 losses are by KO, getting KO'd by heavyweights is way different than lightweights, Plus each are a year and half apart form eachother or less which can be bad, lot of points made about future livlihood and quality of life was brought up.   I watched the podcast which wasnt the easiest thing to watch out of uncomforability.  There was a lot of realization there and it sure looked hard but Joe really knows this stuff probably better than anyone.  Joe was just being honest, can't hate on a guy for that.  I see no need for an apology, there's just stuff as a fan or analyst see that maybe a fighter can't see because he refuses to.  

Purpose - Look, in life you're going to have people criticize you & tell you you're not good enough & that you should quit, doesn't matter their intent. At the end of the day it's up to YOU whether you let it affect you negatively or positively. It's Schaub's career, he will either take Rogan's advice & retire or keep competing.

Rogan doesn't owe Schaub shit. He asked to be criticized, he got it!

further more Schuab said your being brutal (something like that cant remember exact) and joe was like do u want me to be brutal tbh its ametuer brendans performances embarrasing and metamoris dont get me started

wheres that gif of schuab eternally tapping his oponants head at metamoris lol

and your right about hogan samuel l jackson i dont owe you a god dam thing

EckY - I know they agreed to talk about the fight but I think Rogan kind of blindsided him with the you will never be top level, may as well just retire talk.
Exactly.. It's one thing to agree to discuss your performance over the weekend. Which Shuab knew would be difficult since he lost. It's a whole other thing to have someone tell you that their is abridge between you and the elite fighters that you will never be able to bridge and basically your only options are to get out or continue to get Koed the next few years in non title fights.

Whether you agree with Rogan or not as a friend I don't think he had the right to take the discussion there without a bit of warning. Phone Post 3.0