Rogan Responds to Rampage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=50PYQurRtU4

good find scottlean

great explanation...

rogan is sked!

Thanks

Joe Rogan-Keep doing your thing. Rampage is probably sensative to your comments b/c there's some truth to them.

I was a Rampage fan since before 2003. Sadly, I'm more of a Quinton Jackson fan than a Rampage fan. Rampage just comes in to box, and gets picked apart easily nowadays. If Rampage went to fight, like go in, brawl, tie up, pick the dude up and try to slam him, it'd be more exciting, and probably give him better chances to win.  Point fighting a point fighter doesn't work when your Rampage.

It's got to be hard for Joe to be associated with all these fighters, but regardless, some time or another, Rogan will call a fight between two guys whom Rogan has talked with, even maybe trained with. Why I like Rogan, is b/c in my opinion, he calls it as he see's it. Diaz/Condit-Prime example. Saw the fight, called it. Re-watched it, called it differently. That's REAL shit.

On a side note, I think Rampage gave Joe tons of respect regarding his jiu jitsu game. That seems to go unnoticed.

Let me highlight that for you.

"In a straight up jiu jitsu match, Joe Rogan would probably whoop my ass"-Quinton Jackson

That's pretty cool if you ask me.

I think people are misunderstanding Joe's "bias"... even Joe is misunderstanding what Rampage means.

Joe talks about jiu jitsu a lot in pretty much every fight. I think this is where people are getting that he is "bias" for jits fighters, just because he talks about it a lot. Its not that he favors their fighting style, or always wants the jits fighter to win. Part of Joe's job is to educate the new fan and make them interested. People appreciate striking whether they know technically what is going on or not, but it takes an understanding of jiu jitsu/grappling to appreciate what the guys are doing.. IMO, this is why Joe spends so much time talking about the jits game when other things are going on.. there is just more to talk about, and he has a very good understanding of it.

Joe, I think, believes Rampage is saying that Joe prefers jiu jitsu fighters overall.. which is why Joe is a little confused.

And that's how I see the situation.. not that it really matters. :)

This is something funny I thought of..

If Rampage does his job correct on fight night and puts his skills to good use, he will likely brutally KO someone or injure them.

If Joe does his job as commentator correctly and delivers unbiased commentary, he might hurt the feelings of previous beast who's in there to KO people.

;)

Brian Redban with the Pedobear t-shirt

Fillthy - easier to slam guys during a worked fight.

Totally. Who wouldn't have signed up for a Rampage slam back in the day?  Igor got a nice busted shoulder that ended his career, but man they sure paid him well for his work.

Thanks for the embed D241!

Awesome that Joe's favorite fighter is Wanderlei.

whats the song at the end of the vid?

Joe shouldn't have to explain anything... he's a commentator paid to give analysis and not kiss everyone's ass... the audience appreciates the fact that he is sometimes critical and offers alternate strategies... if he was anything but, he'd be a bore and not worth having on...

look at joe rogan. a bjj guy and he has some fucking respect, and a drug user with a open mind. my kind of style. this dude is a role model. he is intelligent enough to know he cant take take anything away from rampage. good response hogan, keep doing good work for our sport.

ps i think you alone gave condit that decision

Who cares about Rampage...

Rogan was here before and will be here after Jackson's long gone...

I believe in the fight Joe called him One Dimensional was against Bones.  QJ did fight like a one dimensional fighter against Jones...

Lol Joe is high as hell with the munchies! His eyes are so chinky he looks Asian sipping on his soda lol Phone Post

How long since the Jones fight? And Rampage is just bringing this up now? Sound like a Chaelism. Pre fight chatter to draw more interest. Phone Post

Man organs said everything he can, I personally wouldn't have wasted that much breath explaining myself.
If I fighter can't or doesn't throw kicks then gets called out on it he should not bitch either.
For a fighter rampage can be a baby Phone Post

RandyDarsh - Man organs said everything he can, I personally wouldn't have wasted that much breath explaining myself.
If I fighter can't or doesn't throw kicks then gets called out on it he should not bitch either.
For a fighter rampage can be a baby Phone Post

Rogans** Phone Post