Roger Gracie "Mousasi'd" Kru James McSweeney

Roger looked like he has improved a ton.  Nice showing.  

when was it ?

Pitbull3744 - I thought this was going to be an upkick KO

Me too, what the hell.

NFABeeJay - I have tried repeatedly but I can't stand McSweeney at all. I've even heard that he's a decent dude, just comes off as a big cocky toolbag. Phone Post 3.0
I did a couple private lessons with Robert Drysdale a few years ago. At the time McSweeney was a muay thai trainer there. I arrived early the first day and sat at the front desk beside this great big dude ..... James McSweeney. Having remembered him from TUF I thought well here we go lol but to my surprise he was a hell of a nice guy and after my private with Robert I watched James hold pads for a younger kid that needed a lot of work and he was very good with him. Changed my opinion 100% Phone Post 3.0

triso - Man Roger better start to work on his striking defense if he's going to be serious about this. He makes very basic mistakes and you can see he just doesn't get hit enough in training. Couple that with him barely going for takedowns and you have a disaster waiting to happen at higher levels.

And your striking credentials are.....? Phone Post 3.0

Count Cohiba -
NFABeeJay - I have tried repeatedly but I can't stand McSweeney at all. I've even heard that he's a decent dude, just comes off as a big cocky toolbag. Phone Post 3.0
I did a couple private lessons with Robert Drysdale a few years ago. At the time McSweeney was a muay thai trainer there. I arrived early the first day and sat at the front desk beside this great big dude ..... James McSweeney. Having remembered him from TUF I thought well here we go lol but to my surprise he was a hell of a nice guy and after my private with Robert I watched James hold pads for a younger kid that needed a lot of work and he was very good with him. Changed my opinion 100% Phone Post 3.0
That's awesome and I've heard that just never seen it. lol. Phone Post 3.0

This video is edited to make graice look better.....

The fight jumps from 35seconds left in the first to the end of the round. Cuts out roger being hit with a headkick stunned and taken down....

First time I've noticed a video that's been edited to make a fighter look better/worse absolute joke!

me101 -

This video is edited to make graice look better.....

The fight jumps from 35seconds left in the first to the end of the round. Cuts out roger being hit with a headkick stunned and taken down....

First time I've noticed a video that's been edited to make a fighter look better/worse absolute joke!

Thanks for pointing that out. Phone Post 3.0

Wow also cuts roger being hurt in the 3rd round with body kicks...... You see another jump in the video....

This is a hatchet job

I thought roger looked much improved and used his reach wisely. He kept a jab in james face and it paid off with a cut. I don't think james hit him with anything. The point in fighting is to not get hit and roger did that. Great showing for roger. I thought he looked relaxed and paced himself well. He is not a very athletic guy so the strategy they used I thought was great vs james who is a better athlete and has more tools in his stand up arsenal. This fight shows how demoralizing a good jab is. Phone Post 3.0

The reason you don't think james hit him with anything is because someone edited out the shots he landed in this video......

Franklin has said james was winning upto the finish, with all the edits obviously that doesn't make sense:

Rich Franklin @RichFranklin  ·  7h 7 hours ago

@SMS_Productions @SavagesGalaxy @mcsweeneymma @rogergracie by our scoring criteria, I had mcsweeney up...barely

me101 -

The reason you don't think james hit him with anything is because someone edited out the shots he landed in this video......

Franklin has said james was winning upto the finish, with all the edits obviously that doesn't make sense:

Rich Franklin @RichFranklin  ·  7h 7 hours ago

@SMS_Productions @SavagesGalaxy @mcsweeneymma @rogergracie by our scoring criteria, I had mcsweeney up...barely

Yea I noticed the video was messed up. I'm just going off the tape we do have. Phone Post 3.0

But the tape we do have has had everything mcsweeney landed removed.

So it's not really something you can go off

So is the full fight available online anywhere? Kinda annoyed I didn't get the right picture watching that.

AllAmericana - So is the full fight available online anywhere? Kinda annoyed I didn't get the right picture watching that.

Im waiting for replay to be up on site to get it.

Here is a short version of the fight that shows the headkicks McSweeney landed and you can see the first leg kick that tore something in his knee( in second round) still missing quite a bit of mcsweeneys offense

http://youtu.be/4X3rINSJW_Y

http://youtu.be/6MlteYImgHw

Here is the full fight with no edit.

Thanks, man meets fate. VU.

Having seen the entire fight now with nothing removed, it still looks like Roger was clearly ahead from early on. McSweeney did OK with a couple of kicks but at no time did Gracie look badly hurt or intimidated, and his left jab was messing up McSweeney's eye from round one. He looked a cut above McSweeney throughout the whole fight.

Damien Maia used to pull half guard to get gifts on the ground. Why doesn't Roger employ a more classic Gracie/jiujitsu game plan?

He doesn't look like he enjoyed fighting either. I don't think MMA is a good sport to just go through the paces with. I'd rather he not fight if it's going to be like that. He could go back to dominating the grappling world. Phone Post 3.0