Roger Gracie vs Buchecha 2

Just saw some posts on social media that this match will be taking place at the Gracie Pro on July 23rd.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/17/15656402/roger-gracie-marcus-buchecha-set-to-rematch-rio-de-janeiro-jiu-jitsu

I think we have all seen this, but, in case someone has not, here is the Metamoris match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-pRzhwp9s

Heck yes.

I love that this is 10 minute, IBJJF rules. That's what I want to see more than anything. I can't wait from this, it really is the best match up one can hope for

I think Buchecha might have surpassed Roger now because he is 7 years younger and probably able to go all out, and is probably training and competing more at this current stage. But I hope Roger wins.

HotSteppa - I think Buchecha might have surpassed Roger now because he is 7 years younger and probably able to go all out, and is probably training and competing more at this current stage. But I hope Roger wins.

agreed

I hope Roger has been training hard for Gi grappling.

You know Buchecha has been

HotSteppa - I think Buchecha might have surpassed Roger now because he is 7 years younger and probably able to go all out, and is probably training and competing more at this current stage. But I hope Roger wins.

Totally agree. I really want Roger to win as I think he's the embodyment of basics beating all, and I'd love to see that basic game beat the newest star too. But Buchecha is amazing, and in is own way is just as inspirational to watch.

James

I think roger has gone down in weight for his mma career, while Buchecha looks like he's been eating horses.

I'm also not sure how comfortable he is rolling at competition speed with the gi even if he trains with the gi... I always think about how obvious of a problem this was for Xande when he came back from mma.... but I'm rooting for Roger.

Go Roger

Meatgrinder -

I think roger has gone down in weight for his mma career, while Buchecha looks like he's been eating horses.

I'm also not sure how comfortable he is rolling at competition speed with the gi even if he trains with the gi... I always think about how obvious of a problem this was for Xande when he came back from mma.... but I'm rooting for Roger.

I don't think the competitive GOAT is allowed to use "not used to rolling at competition speed" as an excuse..

kennyfrommd - 
Meatgrinder -

I don't think the competitive GOAT is allowed to use "not used to rolling at competition speed" as an excuse..

lol... He never uses an excuse and I'm sure he'll say that he still trains regularly in the gi, but that's just training at his school where he's teaching. I'm talking about being competition ready in the gi.

Go look at his xande did and listen to him talk about that.

Buchecha def seems to be taking that Vitamin S lately. Same brand as Lo.

Not that theres anything wrong with it. Roger is gonna tap him via choke which is gonna make it even more impressive.

Judge Mental -

Not that theres anything wrong with it. Roger is gonna tap him via choke which is gonna make it even more impressive.

Like he choked him last time? It'll be an interesting match, not sure about either subbing the other tho. That would be amazing

baby-silverback - 
Judge Mental -

Like he choked him last time? It'll be an interesting match, not sure about either subbing the other tho. That would be amazing

He didn't choke him last time. Rodfolfo armbarred Buchecha but I haven't seen too many people tap him other than Rodolfo.

Roger certainly can though. Roger was NOT in 100% condition the last time they met. He will be this time.

Sir Taps - 
HotSteppa - I think Buchecha might have surpassed Roger now because he is 7 years younger and probably able to go all out, and is probably training and competing more at this current stage. But I hope Roger wins.

Totally agree. I really want Roger to win as I think he's the embodyment of basics beating all, and I'd love to see that basic game beat the newest star too. But Buchecha is amazing, and in is own way is just as inspirational to watch.

James

yep its win win.  Both good doods

Buchecha is just too good man. Prolly won't sub roger cuz Rogers that good but I see buchecha pretty much dominating him tho. He trains like crazy everyday and is amazing, Rogers been focused on mma. I think buchecha beats prime roger too. 

I woulda liked roger vs rodolfo better maybe. Since they both been focused on mma. If they did roger vs Jacare that would be nuts, imagine? 

Judge Mental -
baby-silverback - 
Judge Mental -

He didn't choke him last time. Rodfolfo armbarred Buchecha but I haven't seen too many people tap him other than Rodolfo.

Roger certainly can though. Roger was NOT in 100% condition the last time they met. He will be this time.

I missed Rodolfo tapping him. That before his big surge? I feel like Buchecha hadn't been beat in a while. Either way, I'm looking forward to this. I'd like to see Lo against Rodolfo again now that the size difference is not so much. Rodolfo is beast tho, I would hate to be under him completely crushed

lets go Roger!