Roger Huerta to K-1?

dunchurrn - 
officedrone23 - Has anyone left the UFC and gone on to better things...that didn't include returning to the UFC?

Schilt

Good one. I never expected for Schilt to become such a solid K-1 champ. It blew my mind when he kept winning. His skill set and physical attributes work so much better in K-1.

smoogy - Nagashima would knock Huerta out in R1 and then put his Sailor Moon costume back on and celebrate

lol, i would soooo watch that fight. Nagashima is the man.

Bootsy Collins - More prima donna behaviour.

'I've lost in this org, time to try my hand at something else'

“It’s going to take a while (to get over the loss),” Huerta, 26, whose jumping ship from the UFC to Bellator grabbed headlines in March, told Sherdog.com. “But it’s my job to not go crazy and to get back into the gym and start training, start looking at what I did wrong and not make those same mistakes again.”

officedrone23 - 
dunchurrn - 
officedrone23 - Has anyone left the UFC and gone on to better things...that didn't include returning to the UFC?

Schilt

Good one. Schilt did indeed go on to win a number of Grand Prix in K1 and establish himself in a big way, but in kickboxing. His UFC fights were pre-Zuffa, though, I believe.

Not that it matters, but Schilt's fights in the UFC were right after Zuffa took over (Jan '01).

Art Wanderlei Industries - And obviously I realize that fight wouldn't happen... but just picturing it in my head is a funny thought.

it might actually happen, we know how japanese matchmaking is funny. Buakow fought Dida.

Kimbo Slice to ADCC?

funny how he is no longer UFC material, thought he was a promising young fighter till he derailed his career to become an "actor"

maybe he should worry about getting better standup then the likes of Pat Curran before worrying about standing up with the best.

He lost his last fight that was all standup to someone with really no standup,,, and now he wants to go to K1?

One could argue that Coleman did -- going on to win the first ever Pride GP.  Of course we all know he did return to the UFC, but that is irrelevant to the "better thing" I'm referring to.  Actually, his return to the UFC ended up marginal for him, at best.

Right now, huereta is chasing the money, and good for him i guess.

but he didnt look good in his last bout. He should have beat curran with ease