Rogers On Overeem: "He wanted to act a fool"

Brett Rogers gives his input on how dumb it was for Alistair Overeem to get in a bar fight with a bunch of bouncers and ruin his chances for a title defense.

I personally agree, what does Overeem have to gain from sending 5 dudes to the hospital, getting an infection and probably jail time?

source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Brett-Rogers-On-Alistair-Overeem-He-wanted-to-act-like-a-fool.html

protecting his brother

If you wouldn't have your brother's back in a bar fight, what kind of man are you?

Shit happens fast sometimes.

dude's a fightereven chuck lidell and tito will drop a fool to hear hughes talk about it

“So it’s four o’clock in the morning and they had everybody leave the club, right? Well, the UFC had bussed us all over there but they didn’t have a bus to take us back. It’s down to Mark, me [Pat Miletich], Tony Fryklund, Chuck Liddell, Tito [Ortiz] and Lee Murray. Lee Murray’s crew was still there, Tito’s crew was also still there. I walked out the back door to go in the alley. Tito’s buddy jumped on my back. He jumped on my back and acted like he had me in a choke hold, just messing around, you know? Then I felt him get ripped off of me. I turned around and Tony Fryklund had HIM in a chokehold, and was really choking him. The guy looked like a mouse that just got trapped in a mousetrap; his eyes were popping out and obviously he wasn’t breathing. Tony thought he was actually attacking me – that’s the only reason he did it. So I turned round and told Tony to let him go, and Tony let him go. Then Tito’s buddy turned around and basically said ‘what the f*** are you doing?’ to Tony. Well, when he said that, one of Lee Murray’s buddies, that one guy who kind of took care of us all week long, thought this guy was actually trying to fight us, so he ran out of the crowd and cracked this kid with a right hand and knocked him out cold…. The entire alley erupted into a huge brawl. I was just standing there, and there were bodies flying all over the place. I was confused how it all happened, because it happened so fast. I was standing there with my mouth open like ‘what the hell is going on?’ I looked over and Chuck Liddell was with his back against the wall, knocking people out that were trying to go after him. Then I looked over and there’s Tito directly past me, taking his coat off, going after Lee Murray, and Lee Murray’s backing up the alley taking his jacket off. Both their jackets come off, and Tito throws a left hook at Lee Murray and misses, and right as he missed, Lee Murray counters with, like, a five-punch combo, landed right on the chin, and knocked Tito out. OUT. Tito fell face-first down to the ground, and then Lee Murray stomped him on the face a couple of times with his boots.”

If Arlovski wins which he should Overeem/Arlovski would be fucking sick!!

twentytwo - I personally agree, what does Overeem have to gain from sending 5 dudes to the hospital, getting an infection and probably jail time?

How about the ability to look at yourself in the mirror? Your brother or friend gets jumped, you have to jump in.

I personally think Overeem could maul Arlovski,

robhustle - 
twentytwo - I personally agree, what does Overeem have to gain from sending 5 dudes to the hospital, getting an infection and probably jail time?

How about the ability to look at yourself in the mirror? Your brother or friend gets jumped, you have to jump in.

This +1000.

J Macc 01 - I personally think Overeem could maul Arlovski,

Same but it would be fireworks well it lasted

CRBMoney14 - 
J Macc 01 - I personally think Overeem could maul Arlovski,

Same but it would be fireworks well it lasted

hell yeah. hopefully when AA kills Rogers, he'll get Overeem. Would love to see it.

I use to hang out with Alistair & Valentijn every day in Holland. Both are super cool guys. They must have been provoked or just defending themselves. Not the bar fight types.

^This!

The bouncer attacked Valentin first and with a flashlight.

CRBMoney14 - If Arlovski wins which he should Overeem/Arlovski would be fucking sick!!

bigmills008 - I use to hang out with Alistair & Valentijn every day in Holland. Both are super cool guys. They must have been provoked or just defending themselves. Not the bar fight types.

Exactly.  Both have them have attended more than a few of my afterparties and they are two of the nicest guys around, very mellow and humble guys.  Definitely not the bar fighting types!

So instead of Overeem, Roger is facing Arlovski?
Well he certainly got his wish with wanting to fight better fighters :)

Arlovski by deathpunch.

Anyone who is condemning Alistair for his actions needs to step back and assess the situation, and if you would have done something different than he did, well, then you have to start asking yourself what kind of person you are. 

while rogers seems to have power i haven't seen anything to suggest he would have had anything for overeem and arlovski's hand's are too sharp for him. rogers shoots his mouth off alot in interviews like everyone is afraid of him. now he will see there is a difference between the caliber he has fought and the top guys

Rogers chin will definately be tested

CRBMoney14 - Rogers chin will definately be tested

So will AA's