Roger's Strikeforce debut postponed

He hasn't been able to train and prepare fully due to issues relating to his young son, Tristan.

Story here:

www.mmaunltd.com/news-detail.asp/NewsID/538/roger-postpones-strikeforce-bout.htm

Shame but the Strikeforce card is still solid. Can't wait to see Roger extend on his 2-0 record!

The decorated Brazilian Jiu Jitsu phenom Roger Gracie was booked to fight on Strikeforce's August 15th Carano vs. Cyborg card but it now appears that his return to MMA will have to be postponed.

A recent 'tweet' from Graciemag indicate that there have been problems with his preparation.

"Roger Gracie postpones his MMA fight at Strikeforce. He's taking care of his 3-week son Tristan, and hasn't been able to rest and train."

Although it doesn't state when he might be ready for action, the undefeated Gracie will be itching to build on his momentum from the BJJ World Championships recently.

His 2-0 record in MMA is made up of submission wins over Ron Waterman and Yuki Kondo who are far more experienced in the sport yet posed very little threat to the Brazilian. It will be interesting to see how he will do if and when he devotes himself fully to the sport. 

can't say I blame him, but dang

Hey.... Family first! Fight later!

Still its a shame but with 2 myself I can understand.

Young children.

Bad for the sport.

the kids fine! I hear hes already a 3 stripe blue belt @ 3 weeks old!

ttt for Roger and GBarra bjj!

nostripewhite - Young children.

Bad for the sport.

lame...

he can make $50K or more for fighting..

why doesn't he get a nanny or something for a couple of months..

I call BS..

I have an 8 month old daughter.. if I could work/train for 10 weeks straight and make enough not to have to work for the rest of the year.. I would do it.

is he a stay-at-home dad?

He runs his school and affiliates.

His young son's first few months are more important that fighting, he can do that anytime.

parklife - lame...

he can make $50K or more for fighting..

why doesn't he get a nanny or something for a couple of months..

I call BS..

I have an 8 month old daughter.. if I could work/train for 10 weeks straight and make enough not to have to work for the rest of the year.. I would do it.

is he a stay-at-home dad?

Would you have wanted to train, and spend time away from your 8 month old when he/ she was a couple of WEEKS old?

MMAunltd -  He runs his school and affiliates.

His young son's first few months are more important that fighting, he can do that anytime.

This.