Rolex Explorer II

Is one classy watch!

Definitely want.

1 Like

Good watches. 5 years ago they were relatively easy to get and they are now impossible.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you think expensive watches are a good long term investment?

No way to know what the future holds but you can sell them for a premium price right now.

These guys seem to think so

What Time Is It Burn GIF by Cameo

Theres only one way I wear a timepiece.

1 Like

The white dial is where it’s at with that one.

I was thinking about trading my car for one. I’d have to walk more but that gives me more opportunity to get compliments on my watch.

1 Like

It’s hard to say. My all black GMT 2 has gone up 40%. My Vacheron Constantine Overseas has gone up 20% since I bought it in November.
However that doesn’t mean I could necessarily get those prices selling it myself.

I buy watches because I like them, not for resale value. Unfortunately the flippers are making it impossible for watch enthusiasts to actually get their hands on watches now because of the grey market.

2 Likes

My watches are holding most of their value. But it’s not really a consideration when I purchased.

The secondary market for some brands is outrages.

1 Like

Those are nice, for non rich watch nerds check out sangin. They’re great prices and good owners.

I have the polar (white) version. Great watch, and pretty affordable for a Rolex. My favorite watch though, the one that I will have for the rest of my life, is my Rolex Seadweller. It loses five minutes every two weeks but other than that is perfect lol

1 Like

Looks like Seamaster.

1 Like

I have a 2010. They look good for a really long time.

1 Like

I would never buy a modern expensive watch for the purpose of considering it an investment, but Rolex’s tend to hold their value (or go up) really well. But I wouldn’t buy one for that purpose.

I prefer the black faced Explorer with the stainless bracelet, but that’s just me. I’ve thought about buying it on multiple occasions. It’s a watch that goes with everything. If it had a date, while keeping its simple /classic looks, I probably would’ve bought one a while ago

Agreed. I’ve never bought a watch thinking of investment value. I only buy them because I like them.

This thread makes me sad. Last night got an uber and entered the vehicle as the guy called me over. I was drunk and he wasn’t an Uber driver. Guy gave me a bottle of water and that’s the last thing I remember- woke up missing $400 and my Rolex. Went to file a police report and they won’t even take it as I can’t remember anything so I ha e no prof WTF??? NYC police are pathetic. Mother fuckers slipping mickeys and ripping people off

If you can get a good price on the second hand market, it will usually at least hold it’s value.

It’s also crazy what makes a watch worth $10,000 versus, say, $50,000. Like a Red Sub.

Sorry to hear that. That’s got to be heartbreaking.