Rolled Up Epsiode 26 – Jiu-jitsu Missionary: Andre

omoplautistic - sorry i should add, that by keeping your arm tight to your body you'll be "pulling" with your Lats more rather than just the muscles in your arm ie: forearms, shoulders, tri's.

think of hanging your body off that grip.

hope that helps.

I sort of did that. The choke eventually sinks in if uke is just waiting. I noticed another detail where he says to fold over the lapel ... will try all this again.

deepu - 
omoplautistic - sorry i should add, that by keeping your arm tight to your body you'll be "pulling" with your Lats more rather than just the muscles in your arm ie: forearms, shoulders, tri's.

think of hanging your body off that grip.

hope that helps.

I sort of did that. The choke eventually sinks in if uke is just waiting. I noticed another detail where he says to fold over the lapel ... will try all this again.

That lapel fold makes a huge difference.

I use that same detail on the two collar choke from the back. makes it a much better choke.

I do that from the collar choke from the back too, but the choking mechanics there is completely different. Here you fold and pull down ... still will try tonight.

Long vid, will take some time for me to watch it all, but I will!

Disappointed that the vid wasn't about the legendary Handreh Handerson (as described in the thread title), but as the episode was by far the best in the series so far, I got over my initial disappointment.

James

4 later

Cleaning out old threads and watched this one again. Awesome.

For later Phone Post 3.0

Can't wait for the next episode about Roberto!!!