Rolled with a fake BJJ black belt.

I was at the corrections training academy recently. There was a guy there that went around claiming that he had a black belt in B.J.J. I thought I was going to be so damn lucky to roll with someone for free with such knowledge. I couldn't wait to see and meet the guy. I wondered who he trained under and how long.

I meet this guy. He has a pot belly and is all of 23 years old. He doesn't look like he could roll for five mins. let alone have a B.J.J. black belt.

Ok. For the record, I've had my ass handed to me by a couple 160 lbs. black belts. I can't really judge a book by it's cover because of the guys that don't look that good and turn out to be kick ass.

I go to roll with this guy and tap him out as fast as it takes you to read this last sentence. Turns out he has a black belt in Aki-Jitsu. What the hell does that even mean? He was terrible. 

Please, make sure to roll with these guys and set them straight. Don't let the McDojo's take over. We must preserve the dignity of B.J.J.

If you don't do it for me, do it for all M.M.A.

This has been a community service announcement. Have a great weekend.

Ronald McDojo

lol

lol

Very nice, one down 13,459 to go.

isnt Aiki-Jutsu a sword style?

i think its the art of drawing the sword from its sheath.

I cal shenanigans

"...must preserve the dignity of B.J.J."

I'm not sure if dignity and BJJ fit in the same sentence.

Jus' kiddin'!!

"isnt Aiki-Jutsu a sword style?

i think its the art of drawing the sword from its sheath."

No, you're thinking of Iado (aka Iaido and Iai-jutsu). I fought an Aiki-jutsu guy in my last fight, and he seemed to be much more of a grappler than a striker.

" i call shenanigans"

Gabe is that you? I thought you werent going to post for awhile.

WOW, I'M SOO IMPRESSED.

Corrections instructors...tsk tsk. Almost as bad as pre combatives military hand to hand combat instructors. I am also a corrections officer...I HATE when we do defensive tactics. Its all bullshit.

Yeah well I was at a training seminar and black belts came at me one after the other and I was tapping as fast as they could get to me. Sometimes two or three at a time... Oh sorry I thought I was auditioning for tuf...lol

Jitsu = "way of"

Do = "soft form"

So ju"do" is the soft form of jiu-"jitsu"....

Aiki"do" is the soft form of Aiki-"jitsu"....

your forogt me thats 13,459 to go, seeing how im a BJJ black-belt who trained under Cesar Gracie.

He swore he was a BJJ black belt. Even had Renzo and Royler's book with him to prove it. The pages were all worn. When I pressed him about his instructors he started making up all these american names.

It was all bullshit and anyone on this board would have wipped his ass. Scrub. I just hate it when people lie about that shit. You don't have to. He was talking all kinds of smack thinking that no one would call him out on it. 

I will give him credit though. He did get on the mat and roll. He got beat up by me and the other Judo black belt that was rolling with us, but, he got on the mat and took it. That's more than I can say for the other pussies that wouldn't even train. They were supposed to go work in prisons and didn't even have the balls to train some grappling. Fags.

had to search aiki-j??jutsu

Dait??-ry?? aiki-j??jutsu (??|???????g), originally called Daito-ry?? jujutsu (??|?????g), is a Japanese martial art that first became widely known in the early 20th century under the headmastership of Sokaku Takeda (???? ???? Takeda S??kaku). Takeda had extensive training in several martial arts (including Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu and sumo) and referred to the style he taught as Daito-ry??. Although the ry??'s traditions claim to extend back centuries in Japanese history there are no known extant records regarding the ry?? before Sokaku Takeda. Whether he is regarded as the restorer or founder of the art, the known history of Daito-ry?? begins with Sokaku Takeda. Perhaps the most famous student of Sokaku Takeda was Morihei Ueshiba (?? ?? Ueshiba Morihei), founder of aikido.

Sokaku Takeda's third son, Tokimune Takeda, became the headmaster of the art following the death of Sokaku Takeda in 1943. Tokimune Takeda taught what he called Daito Ryu Aikibudo, an art that included the sword techniques of the Ono-ha Itto-ryu along with the traditional techniques of Daito-ry?? aiki-jujutsu. It was also under Tokimune Takeda's headmastership that modern dan rankings were first created and awarded to students. Tokimune Takeda died in 1993 leaving no official successor, but a few of his high ranking students such as Katsuyuki Kondo and Shigemitsu Kato now head their own Daito-ry?? aiki-jujutsu organizations.

There are a number of martial arts in addition to aikido which appear or claim to descend from the art of Daito-ryu or the teachings of Takeda Sokaku. Among them is the Korean martial art of hapkido founded by Choi Yong Sul, who made unverified claims to have trained under Takeda Sokaku, Hakko Ryu founded by Okuyama Yoshiharu who trained under Takeda, Nippon Shorinji Kempo founded by Nakano Michiomi (So Doshin) who is known to have trained under Okuyama. Several other modern schools of aikijutsu such as Yamate-Ryu, Takeda-Ryu and Nami-Ryu also claim a connection to Takeda.

The term aiki-jujutsu (variations aikijujutsu and aikijutsu) in a number of cases have been adopted by newly synthesized martial arts and refer to aikido techniques performed in a "harder" manner. It also relates to arts that teach jujutsu with an aiki application. See hard and soft (martial arts). Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu is not the sole art that refers to Aikijujutsu (or its derivatives). Daito Ryu was originally called Daito Ryu Jujutsu, and was later changed to Aikijujutsu by Sokaku Takeda.

Ju-jitsu and jiu-jitsu as we know it today are different arts. Regardless of how they came about or got their names or are pronounced, they are different. JU-jitsu is a lot more like hapkido with standing striking techniques and takedowns and some small joint manipulation like Aikido as well as ground submissions. It's much more TMA and isn't practiced nearly as much as BJJ. JIU-jitsu, despite being originally a Japanese thing is now synonymous with BJJ and has only defense to striking techniques as well as mediocre takedowns and the best submission ground game to be found.

Hope that helps.

did he say anything afterwards? like, im a little rusty, havent trained in a long time, etc.

"Corrections instructors...tsk tsk. Almost as bad as pre combatives military hand to hand combat instructors. I am also a corrections officer...I HATE when we do defensive tactics. Its all bullshit."

I second that. Im a semi-crappy blue belt level grappler and can tool every defensive tactics instructor Ive ever met both standing and on the ground. The same goes for our riotsquad...Its all just a bunch of politically correct bullshit when it comes to H2H...

Well, you kicked my ass yesterday.