Roman Reigns on his way out of WWE?

According to interviews and his imdb page he owns the name, logos and phrases, Vince just gets an executive producer credit sometimes, according to a 2004 Stern interview he paid nothing for it, by then he just helped Vince become a billionaire it was the least he could do

1 Like

Word is now that Roman won’t be at Hell in a Cell, nor any of the smaller PPVs, anymore - only the big ones a la SummerSlam, Saudi Shitshow, etc. And he’ll only be on SmackDown sporadically to build up those matches.
Apparently, he’s supposed to be on only slightly more shows than Lesnar.
Because yeah - why should your fans regularly see the guy that holds BOTH of your top belts?

I haven’t been watching WWE, but if that is the case, he needs to drop a belt or two to put someone else over. Cody?

Before Mania, the speculation was that the title unification was only gonna last through SummerSlam.
But this is Vince, so who TF knows.
Regardless, there’s no way Roman drops BOTH belts - he’ll still be a champ through next year’s Mania so they can build to a possible match with The Rock. The question is if he’ll have just one belt or both.

sounds like the rock has a lot of leverage here

1 Like

I agree something will change by SummerSlam, but let’s say they book roman vs rock at mania, do you see roman holding any belts going into that match vs the rock? We know Vince can’t afford to have rock on the roster as champion and if Roman has a belt going into mania we know rock isn’t winning the belt,that’d kill the match hype because we know they can’t afford to pay rock to leave Hollywood band be wwe champion and if Roman has it,it kills the hype and makes the outcome obvious. I less it’s no belts on the line head of the table family dynasty match with appearances from the family tree

That’s EXACTLY what they did at SummerSlam - with BOTH champs:
They brought Cena in to face Roman - he was working a temporary program away from Hollywood, and there was no way he was gonna win / go back to WWE, considering he already had multiple movies to film scheduled.
They also brought in Goldberg to face Lashley - a guy who hasn’t been any semblance of full-time in years, and was pretty well-known to be on the last match of his contract. So barring something completely out of left field, he wasn’t winning / coming back, either.
Trust me - I’m with you 100% on the reasoning. I was saying all this shit for weeks leading up to last year’s SummerSlam.
My point is that it’s not like this has stopped them before…even from doing it multiple times with top champs on the same show.

I totally get your point,I was just thinking would they really do it again so soon…WWE gonna wwe!

1 Like