Romero: Kennedy cheated before stoolgate incident

Reem8MyToasterStruvel - 
Soul Gravy - Yoel is a piece of shit cheater. And no, Kennedy did not grab the glove. We've been over this already.

Pretty clear here that he did in fact grab the glove. 

Now show the gif with about fifteen seconds before and after the clip you posted, please.

Soul Gravy - 
Reem8MyToasterStruvel - 
Soul Gravy - Yoel is a piece of shit cheater. And no, Kennedy did not grab the glove. We've been over this already.

Pretty clear here that he did in fact grab the glove. 

Now show the gif with about fifteen seconds before and after the clip you posted, please.

Some people just refuse to acknowledge when they're wrong. You're right, we have been over this. It was clear that Tim Kennedy grabbed Yoel's glove, while Yoel actually did nothing wrong at all.

Glad Kennedy stopped whining at least for now. It's always something with that guy. Phone Post 3.0

Unless you can show the full clip, you really need to stop talking.

Taking a small moment that "proves" your point without looking at it in context is shady and dishonest.

At the end of the day Karma caught up with Kennedy and bitch slapped him. Phone Post 3.0

Props for Yoel not going to sleep after eating those monstrous illegal uppercuts from Kennedy. The illegal glove grab is what put Kennedy into the fight in the first place, because before that he was getting his ass kicked thoroughly. He couldn't finish the job even after landing clean shots on the chin that would have knocked any other man out cold. Yoel absorbed without losing consciousness, although very close to it, and brought the wherewithal into the 3rd round to finish the job against Kennedy. Show me another fighter that can go so close to being down and out and still bring enough into the next round to finish the job. That was impressive in itself, extra 30 seconds or not, Yoel was able to make Kennedy PAY for his foul. Right man won. If Kennedy would have been awarded a stoppage for that bs, it would have felt like a robbery. Yoel dominated 99% of that fight and officially finished the fight. Kennedy won 1% of the fight and it was set up by a glove grab which is clearly illegal. Numbers don't lie. Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle - At the end of the day Karma caught up with Kennedy and bitch slapped him. Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle - At the end of the day Karma caught up with Kennedy and bitch slapped him. Phone Post 3.0

Quote of the year.

Simple. Sexy. Suave...

I actually don't think the extra 30 secs made that huge a difference. We've seen guys rocked before the bell before & come out the next round looking like they've recovered. Romero came out looking good & was able to knock Kennedy out. If he came out looking like shit & Kennedy continued to land shots Kennedy would have more of a reason to complain but he got ko'd. I'd like to see them do it again eventually just to put any controversy to rest.

Soul Gravy - Unless you can show the full clip, you really need to stop talking.

Taking a small moment that "proves" your point without looking at it in context is shady and dishonest.
Pretty sure that clip clearly shows Kennedy holding his glove and uppercutting the shit out of him. Phone Post 3.0

Arsenal88 - 
Soul Gravy - Unless you can show the full clip, you really need to stop talking.

Pretty sure that clip clearly shows Kennedy holding his glove and uppercutting the shit out of him. Phone Post 3.0

Actually, no. But since no one will post the full clip, what we're left with is a biased, inaccurate view.

Whoa whoa whoa.....

ROMERO IS FIGHTING JACARE!!!?????

How the fuck did I miss this!!! Phone Post 3.0

Glad he spoke up. Personally I can't stand Kennedy, and that was before all the whining he did after this. Whatever anyone thinks though, if you blame it in Romero in any way you're an idiot. It's solely the Referee who was to blame. And though two wrongs don't make a right, this felt right after Kennedy grabbed the glove and nearly uppercutted Romero unconscious while holding it. Phone Post 3.0

GoldbergsAdderall - Big john fucked up...should have called the fight when Yoel refused to stand and continue. Phone Post 3.0
You're a tard.

Please justify your claim, I'd love to hear your argument. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 - Glad to hear him finally admit he cheated. He can blame the cut man all he wants, but even before they had to call the cut man back in to get off extra vasoline, he was already refusing to get off the stool, that just prolonged it. Even after that, he had to be told by BJM 3 times to turn around and fight while he stood in his corner with his arms on top the cage holding him up. That was dirty shit, I don't care how any excuses he comes up with. Phone Post 3.0
Where did he say he cheated at any point lol?

Ppl like you who can't accept they are wrong when the facts are out and end up fabricating information are baffling to me.

Kennedy cheated and Yoel should've gotten 5 minutes to recover.

Stop living in denial. Phone Post 3.0

BirdWatcher - @Soul gravy

Does this gif paint a more fair unbiased view of the incident to you? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, and completely exonerates Kennedy. Thank you very much for posting it.

The original gif makes it appear that Kennedy is holding on to Romero's glove. As we can obviously see from the extended clip, Kennedy actually begins by holding Romero's wrist. Inadvertently his hand slips down in the heat of battle and you can see his pinky and ring fingers caught in Romero's glove. You can also plainly see that Kennedy is not gripping with his thumb and pointer finger...you know, the fingers necessary for actually gripping something. I think we can all agree if his intention was to actually make a grip on Romero's glove, he would not have chosen such weak fingers with which to make it (and not even enough fingers at all--you can't hold someone's glove with two fingers). What we have here then is a momentary case of accidentally having his fingers caught in Romero's glove and nothing more. You can even see him trying to free his hand.

For a look at blatant illegal uniform gripping, see Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnon. That man knew what he was doing.

Soul Gravy -

Does this gif paint a more fair unbiased view of the incident to you? Phone Post 3.0

The original gif makes it appear that Kennedy is holding on to Romero's glove. As we can obviously see from the extended clip, Kennedy actually begins by holding Romero's wrist. Inadvertently his hand slips down in the heat of battle and you can see his pinky and ring fingers caught in Romero's glove. You can also plainly see that Kennedy is not gripping with his thumb and pointer finger...you know, the fingers necessary for actually gripping something. I think we can all agree if his intention was to actually make a grip on Romero's glove, he would not have chosen such weak fingers with which to make it (and not even enough fingers at all--you can't hold someone's glove with two fingers). What we have here then is a momentary case of accidentally having his fingers caught in Romero's glove and nothing more. You can even see him trying to free his hand.

For a look at blatant illegal uniform gripping, see Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnon. That man knew what he was doing.
Accident or not he should've shown more humility in defeat.

I personally think Kennedy knew what was happening and craftily used the opportunity to land conclusive blows to Yoels dome.

He played dirty and Romero cancelled his tactics out by buying himself more time to recover.

Essentially Romero outsmarted Kennedy then smashed his face in. Phone Post 3.0

3 months for Romero to come up with this? c'mon... any fighter would object immediately if that was done to him. I know kennedy haters have to save their fathead's face for so flagrantly cheating but it's childlike. holding down a fighter's hand is allowed. maybe fathead fans have x-ray vision and can see fingers inside the glove in several seconds of fierce action and moving around. 30 extra seconds is indisputably against the rules. It was up to romero if it really occurred to say something and he didn't cause it didn't happen. and thanking Jesus at the end for his cheating was really repulsive. he's latching on to what the kennedy haters have been putting out there cause he wants a little press for his fight. Look forward to him being owned by jacare.

BirdWatcher - 
Soul Gravy - 

I'm actually quite impressed with your case, bravo sir. Although I agree that Tim wasn't purposely planning to grab hold of the glove and cheat the evidence shown here in the gif on page 2 of this thread clearly shows that Tims fingers position provide an element of control  of his opponent Mr. Yoels arm. You have gone on the record here at the world famous Underground MMA forum stating, and I quote:

" his hand slips down in the heat of battle and you can see his pinky and ring fingers caught in Romero's glove"

" he would not have chosen such weak fingers with which to make it "

" a momentary case of accidentally having his fingers caught in Romero's glove "

These statements provide by you, Soul Gravy, have without a doubt incriminated Mr. Kennedy to the act of commiting a foul under the rules of the octogon. All fighters are reminded of said rules before entering into to combat in the UFC. Whether these actions were intentional or not is of no concern as its the act alone and not the intent which is cause for a foul thus providing the victim the right to a 5 minute recovery break. Precedent has been set on numerous occasions regarding punishing foul as to intent. Strikes to the groin region has been committed by multiple fighters in multiple fights and have been the reason for stopping the action to give the victim time to rest before resuming the fight.

1. Intention should definitely be taken into account. An accidental foul does not and should not carry the same weight as an intentional foul.

2. There is both precedent of intent being used to determine the legitimacy of the foul and for the lack of response to intentional and unintentional fouls. Allow me to elaborate.

Fence grabbing is a foul. Grabbing the shorts of your opponent is a foul. Faking injuries (groin shots and eye pokes are most common--why hello there, Mr. Koscheck) is a foul. Strikes to the back of the head are fouls. And for each of these there are numerous examples of failures by the referee to intervene and/or offer any sort of recovery period to the injured party. When even blatant fouls often go unpunished, can you really make a case for punishing Kennedy's obviously unintentional incident?

Therefore I state Kennedy's foul was unintentional, momentary, and overall made little impact in the fight. During the entirety of the foul, Kennedy himself was attempting to rectify the situation without the intervention of the referee. I see no alternative but to declare him innocent of this charge.

everafter - 3 months for Romero to come up with this? c'mon... any fighter would object immediately if that was done to him. I know kennedy haters have to save their fathead's face for so flagrantly cheating but it's childlike. holding down a fighter's hand is allowed. maybe fathead fans have x-ray vision and can see fingers inside the glove in several seconds of fierce action and moving around. 30 extra seconds is indisputably against the rules. It was up to romero if it really occurred to say something and he didn't cause it didn't happen. and thanking Jesus at the end for his cheating was really repulsive. he's latching on to what the kennedy haters have been putting out there cause he wants a little press for his fight. Look forward to him being owned by jacare.

First of all, you seem like a well mannered adult.

Secondly, how can you not see that he's holding his glove? Sure we can't see with xray eyes that his fingers are inside the glove but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened.

I think in this case, your intense desire to maintain Kennedy's image is the only thing i can see that doesn't allow you to see what everyone else can see.