Ron Beer?

Ron has trained athletes to provincial, national and international levels in Freestyle Wrestling.

lol

"SHowdown Joe beat me up and took my lunch money"

Dougie,

I am sorry to hear about this. Yes Joe IS trouble. He was at my restaurant the other night and - true to form - went crazy. He claimed he had a pasta bone caught in his throat. Joe then turned the dump over. :) This all took place while screaming something about Ron Beer. :)

Joe I remember you badmouthing him well before the toronto showdown. I am a very long time member of this site

Everything I needed to say is said, I'm not the club rep. Ron has coached competitors to some level in each of those sports, that's what the quote means. any questions, go to www.grappling.ca or call Ron at 905-294-6044 peace

You're out to lunch pal. I've never said anything negative about him on this forum...I chose my words carefully to avoid situations like this, so nice try.

Other than ttt'ing or lol's, I have never said anything negative about Ron Beer.

I also have a personal agreement with a former student of Ron's and very close friend of mine that we would never publically state anything negative about Ron, but if asked, we would also offer the services of other clubs. That is the extent of what our comments have been to date.

Check your facts...keep calling me out on this thread and I'll continue proving you wrong. You have been here awhile and there is another 3 people from the club that have been here just as long...why are they not here stating what you are stating?

Bad idea to talk shit about Showdown Joe without some evidence.

You know what? I like Showdown Joe. He's cool.

Now, to remove my lips from his ass. :)

Anybody have Guy Smiley's e-mail addy???

Let it die.

"From: Magnus: I am sorry to hear about this. Yes Joe IS trouble. He was at my restaurant the other night and - true to form - went crazy. He claimed he had a pasta bone caught in his throat. Joe then turned the dump over. :) This all took place while screaming something about Ron Beer. :) "

Yeah that sounds like Joe. You can always tell when he's had too much Goldschlager when he starts peeling off his clothes and running around clawing at his face screaming, "Gummi bears! They're eating at my eyes from the inside!"

Other than that he's a lot of fun though.

Does Ron Beer still have a 44" waist?

:-P

stop it.... trix are for kids

(for tapout2003)

Wayne-o

Thank you for sending me to this journey of truth. I think I just saved my self $900. Glad to see Omar (Rebellion) has a new location uptown which is closer to get to then Queen St.

Wayne-o - which school do you train at??

I went to see one of his classes a couple of years back. He seemed like a nice enough guy but unfortunately when I saw him grapple the substance wasn't there to back up his so called credentials (he gave me a guided tour of his certificates on his wall). Interesting comment about the 44" waist. I noticed this as well (spare tire) but he kept making reference to his great physical conditioning. This all being said, I wasn't inclined to join the club. After seeing guys in action like Carlos and Tom Sharkey, it was hard to take him seriously. Nice enough fellow though.

tapout, i'm at Shah Franco MA on Yonge St. n of
Lawrence.

Maybe because you are the retard Viewtype. Thanks for the reminding everyone of who is giving him props by the way.

and whoever was talking about Ron's physique, grow up, it has no bearing on his teaching.

before you hate on us, come and see what we are about.

If that 'grow up' comment was directed at me then I should state that I meant no disrespect by my response. I was simply telling it the way it is although I realize my comments weren't complimentary. If you truly believe in your instructor's ability then all the best to you. As you suggested in your last sentence, I have already come out to see what your club was all about and was unimpressed (as I mentioned previously). It would also appear that you are alone in your opinions but I do have to admit that I respect that you are holding your ground nevertheless. Perhaps, you should follow your own advice and go see what these other clubs are about and then see if you might be inclined to see things differently. As far as my comment about the physique, I was just saying that he made reference more than once about his great physical conditioning and if this is true, it wasn't evident in his physique or by his grappling demo. He rolled with his students for 2 short matches and was gassed. He then made his 2 seniors roll for a good fifteen minutes while he rested. These guys were tired by this point and he then decided to roll with the guy who won. If you're part of this club then you must see this blatant approach all the time. Some guys look out of shape but have a way of surprising people with their stamina. This was not a case in point from what I saw.

I once trained at Ron Beer's for 4 months. the reason it was only 4 months was that I went to visit a bjj club for a lesson and had no usable skills. And I mean rolling against guys that had only trained for 2 weeks. I had thought I was progressing well at Beer's club but nothing worked at the bjj club. Also, a few of the seniors rolled with me and taught me as they spanked me as opposed to just going for the submission all the time. Unfortunately an injury took me out of the game for a while.

A little while back a guy asked me if he knew me from Beer's. The only thing that stopped me from being totally emabarassed was that he had also been there!

Waiting for Naughty Gorilla's wacky logic to explain why i had little skills after 4 months of training.

Let this thread die. I have talked to former Ron Beer students and they echo the sentiments of his detractors on this thread. Why? All I can surmise is that they found a teacher that they click better with.
Personally, I am suspicious of people with their "own" grappling system. Yes Gokor,Lebell, the Gracies have their own style, but they would be the exception.

Naughty Gorilla,

You're fighting a war all by yourself. Put up the flag!