Ronda "I went thru better PED tests when I was 14"

When interviewed by Fox, she said the testing she went through when competing in Judo back in the early 00's was better and more stringent than what she had seen in the UFC until their new changes will be implemented. This would have been before she was even in the Olympics.

Pretty sad that a 14 year old year old girl in 2001 goes through more comprehensive drug testing than grown men holding championship belts and having the ability to seriously injure another human due to their chemically enhanced weaponry.

she said she was being tested in competition when she was 14

"I'm extremely encouraged with what I've heard the announcement is," Rousey said on UFC 184's conference call. "To my point, the drug testing I underwent when I was 16, or even 14, was much more stringent than the drug testing that I got as a world champion in MMA."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw6i0d60naM

don't know the time sorry

Must be good at it then Phone Post 3.0

/\/\/\ True. My only worry is that we know the PED users are always ahead of the testing technology. So there will still be drugs they know they can use (and will) because there are not tests for it. There will be fewer drugs they can use now, but still some.

This is why I keep asking about and advocating storing their blood samples so they can be tested again down the road when technology improves. But there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of care over this, so I must be in the minority.

Thingading - /\/\/\ True. My only worry is that we know the PED users are always ahead of the testing technology. So there will still be drugs they know they can use (and will) because there are not tests for it. There will be fewer drugs they can use now, but still some.

This is why I keep asking about and advocating storing their blood samples so they can be tested again down the road when technology improves. But there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of care over this, so I must be in the minority.

Who exactly are you asking and advocating towards? Who are you?

Testing in the UFC was fine. GSP never failed!

:reality:

A 14 year old Rousey had more comprehensive testing 15 years ago!

/\/\/\ Not sure exactly what you're asking. But what I'm saying is that I would like for them (them meaning Zuffa and/or the Athletic Commissions and/or the Testing Organization they are going to work with) to keep fighters blood samples to be tested a later dates when technology improves so that if they are taking something now that they know can't be tested for, they still know they could be caught in the future. Does this make sense?

Cycling does something like this now ever since their sport got completely out of hand with drug use. They store cyclists blood samples now so they can be tested again or at least compared to previous blood sample values down the road.

Thingading - /\/\/\ Not sure exactly what you're asking. But what I'm saying is that I would like for them (them meaning Zuffa and/or the Athletic Commissions and/or the Testing Organization they are going to work with) to keep fighters blood samples to be tested a later dates when technology improves so that if they are taking something now that they know can't be tested for, they still know they could be caught in the future. Does this make sense?

Cycling does something like this now ever since their sport got completely out of hand with drug use. They store cyclists blood samples now so they can be tested again or at least compared to previous blood sample values down the road.

The misconception is that cycling got out of hand, as in there was some sort of escalation.

There was no escalation. Dudes were doing lines of blow on Alpe d'huez back before steroids were a thing. Guys were doing amphetamine. Cycling has had endemic doping since the moment guys realized they felt better doing illegal stims for 12 hour bike rides.

I'm highly doubtful that there is a winner pre-Lance in the entire history of the sport that was not doping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_cycling

A dude died in 1886 on a cocktail of caffeine, cocaine and STRYCHNINE ffs. Those guys have been doping their balls off since there have been professional races ;p

Primo Interiors - she said she was being tested in competition when she was 14
Thanks for clarifying, I thought from reading the OP she meant 36. Phone Post 3.0