Ronda killing Kaufman hypocrisy

"Going in the ring...there's going to be one thing going through my head: To the death. We're gonna go to the death. I'm not going to stop. I'm willing to die. I'm gonna go SERIOUS. I'm going to try to kill you and I'm not joking about this."."

"You're DEAD!"

"In that clip they asked me what am I going to be thinking while I'm standing on the other side of the ring from him," Penn explained. "And if you're not thinking that in your head, then what are you doing in that ring? If you're not thinking that you're going to go across and you're going to kill this guy -- and you're going to annihilate this guy -- what are you doing there?"

Penn and Ronda are both idiots.

why do you have a hard on for penn? its kinda weird

Tomato Can - Penn and Ronda are both idiots.

That's a harsh generalisation.

I think it's immature when this type of "fighting" is clearly a sport. I mean, if you literally wanted to kill them, why would you stay within the rules?

It doesn't sound very good for the sport, but I understand the mind set of trying to hurt your opponent. Kill is too strong of a word to verbalise and publicise IMO. They don't really mean it, either. So overall it's just pointless to say.

It would be better to spin it like: "you're gonna wish I had killed you after I'm done with you". Hahaha. Phone Post

Didn't Mir get fired from WEC broadcasting for something similar?

I remember people had a shit fit about it...but then again, lots of people already dislike Mir, so maybe it was an easy bandwagon to jump on.  People seem to love Honda.

WrestlingSucks - why do you have a hard on for penn? its kinda weird

Please point out what was untrue about the OP and what is wrong about pointing out people getting on Ronda's case when they were cheering BJ for the virtually same thing. 

I'd love to hear it. By all means, go for it.

I don't think it's a generalization at all. I think it's just a true statement. They are a couple of dimwits.

Honda like Penn will make every excuse in the book when she loses

So, what you are saying is that Honda intends to make Sarah quit after the 4th round?

My main gripe is inconsistency on ZUFFA brass' behalf. Pick a stance and stick with it. You can't punish one while praising others.

Honestly, I couldn't care less if fighters want to kill each other. It makes for exciting fights! However, when one person's job is lost and livelihood is fucked with and another gets an "Oh, you!" it's almost comical. Well it would be if a person hadn't lost their job because of something that a lot of fighters do nowadays.

Maybe the status quo has changed. Maybe there has been a paradigm shift. Maybe I'm forgetting that this is Dana White that I'm talking about and I'm not keeping his wishy-washy habits in mind. Dude can be worse than a politician with his policies. Phone Post

Remember some of the stuff that flew out of Tyson's mouth back in the day, all of this is extremely tame.

Some fighters just need that extra push to really give it everything they have. Would they actually kill the person...no, but it can certainly help to pump them up for the fight.

I think the problem with Rhonda right now is she is listening to the media too much.  She's buying into all this stuff they are saying about her and just basically pushing her over the edge.  I have a feeling that with all the distractions that have been going on, Sarah is going to pick her apart quickly.

Tomato Can - Penn and Ronda are both idiots.

WrestlingSucks - why do you have a hard on for penn? its kinda weird

It has gotten to the point with this guy that it is creepily obsessive. Phone Post

Morgz -  Didn't Mir get fired from WEC broadcasting for something similar?

I remember people had a shit fit about it...but then again, lots of people already dislike Mir, so maybe it was an easy bandwagon to jump on.  People seem to love Honda.

didn't mir say something to the effect of he hoped/thought brock would be the first death in the cage? something similar to that.

You have a really disturbing obsession with BJ.

UGCTT_buchu8oolong -
WrestlingSucks - why do you have a hard on for penn? its kinda weird

It has gotten to the point with this guy that it is creepily obsessive. Phone Post

I pose the same questions to you. Ironically, I could say the same about you being obsessed with me. There is nothing wrong with my post, there's no trolling and I've done nothing wrong.

There no official forum sheriff, so stop running for it. Also, stop trying to censore commments about fighters. This is an MMA forum. Phone Post

ausgepicht -

Please point out what was untrue about the OP and what is wrong about pointing out people getting on Ronda's case when they were cheering BJ for the virtually same thing. 

Because a ton of people were also NOT cheering when Penn said these things. You are working with a fictional reality you have pulled out of your ass where you ignore the fact that a whole hell of a lot of people turned on Penn leading up to and after the second GSP fight. FACT. To say otherwise is revisionist history bullshit.

And yea, I'm a big Penn fan but I'll say point blank his antics leading up to that fight turned me off to the point I didn't even bother watching it and quotes like that are stupid. I also didn't enjoy, AT ALL, his constant fucking around with Jenns Pulver during TUF5. Love to watch him fight, but he has also done things that make me cringe as a fan. Yet you idiotically try to lump every person who likes Penn into some neat little "nut hugger" category and ignore anything that dosent fit.

The other glaring problem you have in the OP is that not everyone has turned on Ronda yet even on this site that attracts more than casual fans though she is getting a fair share of hate. Go to other areas with comments and see how many fans don't give half a shit what she said because she is "hot" or it appeals to a base element that exists built into this sports fan base. Phone Post

Tankhead - My main gripe is inconsistency on ZUFFA brass' behalf. Pick a stance and stick with it. You can't punish one while praising others.

Honestly, I couldn't care less if fighters want to kill each other. It makes for exciting fights! However, when one person's job is lost and livelihood is fucked with and another gets an "Oh, you!" it's almost comical. Well it would be if a person hadn't lost their job because of something that a lot of fighters do nowadays.

Maybe the status quo has changed. Maybe there has been a paradigm shift. Maybe I'm forgetting that this is Dana White that I'm talking about and I'm not keeping his wishy-washy habits in mind. Dude can be worse than a politician with his policies. Phone Post

Fair point and agreed. Phone Post

UGCTT_buchu8oolong -
ausgepicht -

Because a ton of people were also NOT cheering when Penn said these things. You are working with a fictional reality you have pulled out of your ass where you ignore the fact that a whole hell of a lot of people turned on Penn leading up to and after the second GSP fight. FACT. To say otherwise is revisionist history bullshit.

And yea, I'm a big Penn fan but I'll say point blank his antics leading up to that fight turned me off to the point I didn't even bother watching it and quotes like that are stupid. I also didn't enjoy, AT ALL, his constant fucking around with Jenns Pulver during TUF5. Love to watch him fight, but he has also done things that make me cringe as a fan. Yet you idiotically try to lump every person who likes Penn into some neat little "nut hugger" category and ignore anything that dosent fit.

The other glaring problem you have in the OP is that not everyone has turned on Ronda yet even on this site that attracts more than casual fans though she is getting a fair share of hate. Go to other areas with comments and see how many fans don't give half a shit what she said because she is "hot" or it appeals to a base element that exists built into this sports fan base. Phone Post

You're a liar.

"To the death." and "You're dead." were mantras chanted by Penn fans leading up to the fights. No one believes your lie trying to say there are nothing but saints here and no one was saying it. Just stop. Phone Post