Ronda Rousey as Samus Aron (Metroid)?

http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/659599-ronda-rousey-metroid-movie#/slide/1

Ronda Rousey wants to star in a Metroid Movie

Films based on video games don’t have the best track record with audiences. Be it critically or commercially, few have been able to achieve the levels of success that say comic book adaptations have had in recent years. That hasn’t stopped studios from making them, however, and it doesn’t stop actors from wanting to take part in them.

Speaking with GameSpot, former UFC Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey (herself an avid World of Warcraft player) expressed interest in playing the intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran in a Metroid movie.

“I’ve always wanted to be Samus. That would be badass. I love how people found out later that it was a hot chick on the inside. And then most of the day you’re in a suit, so you can just hang out and eat donuts and be the star of Metroid. I hope they make a movie out of that.”

Rousey has transitioned from fighting in the ring to fighting on the big screen recently with roles in The Expendables 3Furious 7, and a cameo as herself in the Entourage movie. The fighter is also set to star as herself in Paramount Pictures’ adaptation of her own New York Times best-selling autobiography, My Fight/Your Fight, and in an upcoming remake of Road House, where she will play a female version of the character Patrick Swayze played in the 1989 original.

Ever since the disastrous Super Mario Bros. movie in 1993, feature films based on Nintendo’s characters have not been in the cards; however Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto revealed last year they were reconsidering their stance on feature adaptations. Until then, you can enjoy the Metroid fan film, Metroid: The Sky Calls.

Fuck, I would love a great Metroid movie.....why not do it with someone whose skill is acting?  Yes, she's a great fighter, but that means shit for acting.  Do the movie right.  

I wonder at what point Hollywood will realize she can't fucking act and will stop casting her in shit

Yes! Metrois on nes was hard too! I always got lost on the huge maps! Phone Post 3.0

Is there enough room for cankle support? 

microbiologynerd - Yes! Metrois on nes was hard too! I always got lost on the huge maps! Phone Post 3.0

Noob.  JK

The Metriod for the Gamecube was amazing and much more vast and expansive.

Justin Bailey lives!

Mencken - 

Fuck, I would love a great Metroid movie.....why not do it with someone whose skill is acting?  Yes, she's a great fighter, but that means shit for acting.  Do the movie right.  

How much "acting" would she really do?  Wouldn't it be mostly motion capture, like Planet of the Apes?

paw - 
Mencken - 

How much "acting" would she really do?  Wouldn't it be mostly motion capture, like Planet of the Apes?

They should have her wear the suit, then when she takes the helmet off they can have a real actress be in it. Kind of like a Darth Vader situation.

Nintendo needs to put a new Metroid game on one of their current or upcoming systems before they think about lending the IP out for a movie. Phone Post 3.0

dizz - I wonder at what point Hollywood will realize she can't fucking act and will stop casting her in shit

Valid point.

paw - 
Mencken - 

Well, I guess that depends on what they write.  If it's just CG, why even bother with any sort of name?  Just get a performer from Cirque du Soleil hooked up to motion capture, and go from there.  

Super Nintendo version is goat Phone Post 3.0

She is terrible.

Samus is 6'3" without her armor. A 5'6" actress just wouldn't have the same presence imho.

only if they film her at weigh-in time IMO

DaveFu -

Is there enough room for cankle support? 

Put that on her and she's going to look more like the Hulkbuster in Avengers Phone Post 3.0

boomtown - Samus is 6'3" without her armor. A 5'6" actress just wouldn't have the same presence imho.

Brienne of Tarth

Don't kill a legendary video game by casting a chick who has zero acting skills.

she can't act.

dizz -
boomtown - Samus is 6'3" without her armor. A 5'6" actress just wouldn't have the same presence imho.

Brienne of Tarth
Exactly what I was gunna say lol Phone Post 3.0