Ronda Rousey or Jon Jones, who is better p4p?

Jon Jones is the best fighter so far in the 205 lb. weight class, and one of the best ever in general, but how does he compare to Ronda Rousey?

I don't think that Ronda Rousey would stand any chance against Jon Jones in a fight, but who is better between the two of them on a pound for pound ratio scale basis?

I think that a strong argument can be made that Ronda Rousey is better than Jon Jones in this regard.

Look at the way that Ronda annihilates her opponents. Jones has had to rely on judges decisions several times, and he came damn close to losing that fight against Gustaffson, and some would argue that he should have lost that decision. Ronda has finished every opponent she has faced, but submission or knock out, most of them in the 1st round, and the longest anyone has lasted with her was to the 3rd round.

Both of them cut weight to fight in their weight class, but it appears to me that Jones relies more on size while Ronda relies more on skill and aggressiveness, not to say that Jones is not skilled or aggressive, because he is, just not to the same level as Ronda.

So who is better pound for pound, Jon Jones or Ronda Rousey?

Ronda was world class in judo. Jones never went as far in wrestling as Ronda did in judo.

"Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close."

Is he really more talented as far as skill goes, or does he just rely on having a freakishly long reach and an unusual ability to cut more weight than most so he can fight at 205 when he is easily big enough to fight at heavyweight?

I know that Ronda cuts weight and could easily fight at 145 lbs. (probably even higher), but she does not tower over her opponents in height and reach like Jones does. Even when Jones fought Gustaffson, Gustafson was 1" taller, but Jones still had him beat by 4 1/2" in reach. Ronda does not have a huge reach.

theshooter - Ronda was world class in judo. Jones never went as far in wrestling as Ronda did in judo.
However jones did out wrestle a world class wrestler in cormier Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - Ronda was world class in judo. Jones never went as far in wrestling as Ronda did in judo.

There are roughly 9 women that compete in judo globally.

Really? 

2/10 Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - "Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close."

Is he really more talented as far as skill goes, or does he just rely on having a freakishly long reach and an unusual ability to cut more weight than most so he can fight at 205 when he is easily big enough to fight at heavyweight?

I know that Ronda cuts weight and could easily fight at 145 lbs. (probably even higher), but she does not tower over her opponents in height and reach like Jones does. Even when Jones fought Gustaffson, Gustafson was 1" taller, but Jones still had him beat by 4 1/2" in reach. Ronda does not have a huge reach.

He isn't cutting more weight than many of the top guys at 205. Gus, AJ, Bader all cut a ton of weight but its only his reach and size...

Jesus Christmas

Ronda's last opponent has not been training for more than 5 years.

Jones has beaten Shogun, Evans, Machias, Bader, Cormier, roided Belfort and a ton of others.

This Ronda hype is too much.

Loved it on the JRE when Cowboy Cerrone corrected Joe's comments on whether or not Ronda was super hot "she's not hot" and on her devasting striking "she wings her punches" Phone Post 3.0

Joindatedoesnotmatter - Jesus Christmas

Ronda's last opponent has not been training for more than 5 years.

Jones has beaten Shogun, Evans, Machias, Bader, Cormier, roided Belfort and a ton of others.

This Ronda hype is too much.

Loved it on the JRE when Cowboy Cerrone corrected Joe's comments on whether or not Ronda was super hot "she's not hot" and on her devasting striking "she wings her punches" Phone Post 3.0
Cowboy calls it. Phone Post 3.0

VinegarStrokes -

Really? 

. Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - Ronda was world class in judo. Jones never went as far in wrestling as Ronda did in judo.
Dare I say men's MMA is much more competitive than women's judo. Phone Post 3.0

Jones in my opinion Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - "Jones is way more talented and has faced way tougher competition. This isn't even close."

Shit, I didn't think the "Jones only wins because of his size and reach" people existed anymore.  It is like seeing a unicorn.

Jones. Phone Post 3.0

In for OP annihilation

theshooter - Ronda was world class in judo. Jones never went as far in wrestling as Ronda did in judo.

he could have but he started having kids, doesn't mean he doesn't have the skill level of the elite

who's the worst ranked 135lb male ufc fighter? Rousey belongs below him in p4p rankings

this is kind of a tough one.

Ronda has never lost a round
Jones has lost some here and there all though never lost a fight.

Jones was a champ longer ( I believe)
But Ronda created the division

Jones has beaten multiple former champions
Ronda is and has been the only champion

Jones has faced better opposition
Maybe Ronda is just that more dominant in her division who is equally talented.

Both have had gimme fights
Jones - Chael/Vitor
Ronda - Bethe

Both have had good match ups where they were given at least some competition
Jones - Gus
Ronda - Meisha (although she never lost a round to her)

Finish Ratio and fight length obviously goes to Ronda as Jones hasn't finished several of his last opponents.

Jones is fighting in a theoretically much more dangerous class as at that size people can really knock each other out in one shot while as in the female division short of ironically Ronda herself the level of striking power doesn't seem to translate to many one shot KO's.

Ronda annihilated an Olympic level female wrestler, although she was not able to get her down. (olympic wrestling in the female division is not as high level as the male counterpart)
Jones beat an Olympic level wrestler in a decision and was able to take him down.

Jones beat someone who is his physical equal in Gus albeit it was his closest fight.
Ronda has yet to face anyone who is to my knowledge her physical equal. (Say what you want Cyborg is just plain bigger)

I think to do what Jones has done considering the variables of increased size, level of competition and accomplishment in opponents etc makes him have the edge.

While what Ronda has done is absolutely incredible in its own right Jones has the benefit of fighting in a more established division with more history to benchmark his actions against.

So in short Jones>Ronda in this scenario unless Ronda continues for a period of time and also adds Cyborg to the mix with the same level of dominance. At that point it will be a tougher call.

if u could magically make em the same weight, and they fought, jj wins

thats my definition of a pound for pound fight