Ronda won the striking match

Just rewatched the fight, take away the first exchange, Ronda won the standup striking match and was beating up Meisha. Much improved hands and has good power behind the punches.

The way Ronda has been improving her boxing, it's going to be a short night for Mcmann

she did unfortunately Phone Post 3.0

She was, but she didn't by leaps and bounds like most folks here thought she would after those YouTubes.

Myself included. Phone Post 3.0

It wasn't the prettiest boxing ever, but she beat the shit out Tate. Phone Post 3.0

duckhuntgangsta -
CDarwin - She was, but she didn't by leaps and bounds like most folks here thought she would after those YouTubes.

Myself included. Phone Post 3.0
She looked leaps and bounds better than her last fight. He striking has come a long way. Man, don't piss that bish off. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not comparing early RR to yesterday.

Meisha's striking wasn't way worse than Rhonda's. Phone Post 3.0

Funny thing is I saw the striking as even. I can recount at least two takedowns that happened because she did get hit. I may have to rewatch it without sound.

Ronda is so badass. But I'm still convinced she doesn't handle getting punched in the face well. I need her to work on that a whole lot more. So by the time this she-man Cyborg weasles her way back its a non-factor.

It has improved but she still has to work on head movement and protecting her face. Phone Post 3.0

She obviously has improved a whole lot. Sparring with world class females boxers (whether you believe her coaches claims or not) will surely make her better and she doesn't really have to work on her main strength which gives her more time to work on her striking. Give her 2 years and she'll be at a relatively high level.

I think everyone overreacted and assumed Tate was winning the striking exchange because she landed some clean shots and we'd never seen Ronda take more than a few in any fight. Looking again, Ronda definitely outboxed her. Phone Post 3.0

Tate may not have been winning the exchanges but she was landing.  Her best chance of winning was with the strking and she should have stuck with it.  Both fighters looked very sloppy with the punches.

She won the striking, but at the same time I thought Meisha seemed more comfortable with it. Meisha got hit more, but pretty much just walked through it. When Ronda got hit she really didn't seem to like it. Which is why it was so frustrating seeing Meisha continually going for takedowns. Aside from the fact that she got reversed every time, even when she did get on top, she spent the entire time fighting for her life as Ronda punched and elbowed her from the bottom and threatened her with one sub after another.

I'm not sure why people keep saying Rousey didn't look very good in that fight. It seemed like Rousey wanted to prove a point against Tate, by beating the living fuck out of her, instead of finishing her by armbar in the first.

Rousey proved she isn't a one trick pony, and can smash the shit out of a top WMMA fighter, but also has the ability to sink in an armbar whenever the fuck she wants. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus stole my name iv - She won the striking, but at the same time I thought Meisha seemed more comfortable with it. Meisha got hit more, but pretty much just walked through it. When Ronda got hit she really didn't seem to like it. Which is why it was so frustrating seeing Meisha continually going for takedowns. Aside from the fact that she got reversed every time, even when she did get on top, she spent the entire time fighting for her life as Ronda punched and elbowed her from the bottom and threatened her with one sub after another.

Agree with this.

Tate can't strike. Her whole game is the takedown to smother in top control. Stylistically it's like the best matchup the UFC can give Ronda.

If Holly Holm can get some Liddell like takedown defense we have a new champ. Phone Post 3.0

PrettyBoy - Tate can't strike. Her whole game is the takedown to smother in top control. Stylistically it's like the best matchup the UFC can give Ronda.

Exactly. People who expected Miesha to pick her apart on the feet and not go for takedowns were expecting way too much from a grappler with limited striking skill. 

Ronda's advantage in the standup kept growing as the fight went on, helped of course by the cumulative beating Tate sustained. By the beginning of the third, Tate was just back peddling taking punches to the face until she got to the cage, where she faced the biggest area of improvement in Ronda's game, her clinch striking Phone Post 3.0

At least Ronda didn't curl up and run away from punches like cock lesnar. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus stole my name iv - She won the striking, but at the same time I thought Meisha seemed more comfortable with it. Meisha got hit more, but pretty much just walked through it. When Ronda got hit she really didn't seem to like it. Which is why it was so frustrating seeing Meisha continually going for takedowns. Aside from the fact that she got reversed every time, even when she did get on top, she spent the entire time fighting for her life as Ronda punched and elbowed her from the bottom and threatened her with one sub after another.

Ronda is extremely competitive and a strike landing annoys the shit out of her because it means she just "lost". It doesn't necessarily mean getting hit will unnerve her.

Agreed, although it looked like Ronda was quicker and landed first, Tate would eat it and then land a few shots.

For those who think Tate rock Ronda or the striking was even, watch the fight again. Even in the first exchange where Tate landed her most significant strike, Ronda handed an upper cut on Tate. In every subsequent exchange Ronda hurt Tate. Especially on the 2nd, her punches land first and force Tate to back paddle