Room Escape

Has anyone ever done this? I went with a group of friends on Friday evening to escape from Dr. Psycho's Asylum (Fairfax, VA). Fun times were had! It was the first time for all of us. The scenario was that we were imprisoned in an abandoned Asylum about to be experimented on by "Dr. Psycho". He has left for exactly 60 minutes and we have to escape within that time.

The one we chose was rated 8/10 difficulty. There were a total of 3 rooms to go through. I understand that many of the other Room Escape challenges only have 1 room. They give you a walkie talkie and you can ask for hints. Supposedly you are only permitted 3 hints, but since it was our first time they gave us 5.

Most of the clues were hidden within areas that were secured with combination locks, and we had to figure out the combinations to access them. We managed to escape the final room with 2 & 1/2 minutes to spare.

Then we went for Tex-Mex to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

Did this in Orlando a year ago with family. It was VERY fun and is a great thing for team building.

Thinking of taking my employees to one

We took our 2 kids to do one and we got kind of addicted. Total blast. Some seem impossible tho.

Did you notice it was the 2-3 "smart" people in the group solving everything, and there was one person in the group that was super pissed off because she was wrong about EVERYTHING?

phydeau - Did you notice it was the 2-3 "smart" people in the group solving everything, and there was one person in the group that was super pissed off because she was wrong about EVERYTHING?

We were fortunate in our group in that we all contributed. I dont' think any of us were "dead weight". Even if we had people who didn't really contribute to solving the puzzle, they were helpful in finding the clue locations.

Never heard of this!? Sounds like a blast! 

Some are really good. Others are eh. In socal Fox in the Box is pretty awesome as well as the escape room in little Tokyo

TheBearStare - Some are really good. Others are eh. In socal Fox in the Box is pretty awesome as well as the escape room in little Tokyo

Maybe it has to do with the difficulty rating?

Hollywood is going to make a horror movie where a group of people go to do a "room escape" for team building at Dr. Psycho's, only to find that the Doc really is psycho and will be experimenting on them as they fail the tasks.

And it's going to be shot like a documentary.

Then the audience will find out that the movie's footage really was from a real event.

Then the audience finds out that they're being filmed and are in their own Dr. Psycho experiment where they have to work together to get out of the theater.

Then they find out that they're being filmed documentary style for the sequel to the movie that they had been watching. And they look at the camera and warn the audience that will be watching to get out now while you can.

And that future audience that will see that sequel will think what a great movie, then find themselves in the same boat.

Rinse repeat.

actually went to one last night. second one I have done in the past 3 months. will now seek them out when out on the road.

Turns out there are 3 of these in Tampa. I'll have to look into this.

Pencil Neck - Hollywood is going to make a horror movie where a group of people go to do a "room escape" for team building at Dr. Psycho's, only to find that the Doc really is psycho and will be experimenting on them as they fail the tasks.

Then the audience will find out that the movie's footage really was from a real event.

Then the audience finds out that they're being filmed and are in their own Dr. Psycho experiment where they have to work together to get out of the theater.

Then they find out that they're being filmed documentary style for the sequel to the movie that they had been watching. And they look at the camera and warn the audience that will be watching to get out now while you can.

And that future audience that will see that sequel will think what a great movie, then find themselves in the same boat.

Rinse repeat.

The theater is on a boat??

I'm going to one next weekend. It's a truck that comes to your house and everything is inside the trailer. There'll be 3 separate groups, each has 1 hour.

Bonzai Bob -
Pencil Neck - Hollywood is going to make a horror movie where a group of people go to do a "room escape" for team building at Dr. Psycho's, only to find that the Doc really is psycho and will be experimenting on them as they fail the tasks.

Rinse repeat.

The theater is on a boat??

This whole quote and comment made me lol

True lol

Escape room?

I think you mean NERD JAIL.

How much does something like this cost per person?

I Have one in my basement.

Been told it's VERY difficult

I know people who've done that as part of a birthday party. They weren't able to escape on their own, but did manage to escape with help/guidance

SHIT IS FUN.  WE FIGURED OURS OUT WITH LIK 18 SECONDS LEFT.