roommate $$$ help please

ok mini frat.<br /><br />me and my girlfriend share an apartment with 3 others. My good friend and his girlfriend share a room, me and my girlfriend share and one person we got off craigslist. me and my girl broke up and she is moving in january so we either have to break the lease or find a new roommate to help pay rent (college kids). <br /><br />The scenario is getting nasty and everyone is leaning towards moving out. But my buddy and his girl are adamant about not paying the fee for breaking the lease which is around $3,900. They want me and my girl to pay for all of it because we are the reason this is happening. <br /><br />My question to the OG is, is this fair? I think that they should pay for some since they agree to breaking the lease anyways. Thoughts and help please!!

I'd say whoever moves out is the one breaking the lease, and therefore liable for all charges/fees related.

But i have no fucking idea what i'm talking about, so good luck!!

donfryesmustache -

I'd say whoever moves out is the one breaking the lease, and therefore liable for all charges/fees related.

But i have no fucking idea what i'm talking about, so good luck!!

First part of post is correct.

Your roommates should not have to pay because your relationship failed. How you could possibly think they should is beyond me Phone Post

why don't you just find a new room mate?

That's all you bro. Either live together and suck it up, or pay up. Phone Post

How much is your fucking rent where you can't pay it split 4 ways? Phone Post

They are right. They should not be held liable for breaking the lease.
Work it out with your girl, or find a new roommate.
Now you know the problems with partners. Take this forward with you and protect yourself in the future. Phone Post 3.0

Fighting - 

Hate to say it, that's all on you.  They aren't breaking the lease you are.  Specifically your ex is.  She should pay for it all.  Just stonewall everyone.  Say you aren't moving anywhere and aren't paying shit.

Put it all on your ex girl. 

ding ding ding

either way you need to start sucking it up

Yeah man. You need to suck it up and figure a way to resolve this. Your girl should pay half of the $3900 though as she is part of the problem.

But listen to me and listen good on this as I've had it happen to me and seen it happen to a lot of my friends. If it looks like the other couple is getting ready to GTFO regardless of what the situation is you need to beat them to the punch. If it's just you on the lease then your kinda fucked but if it's all of you then you need to be smart and be the first one outta there.

Hate to tell you this but unless you and your ex are gonna try to be friends you are about to lose 2 more cause 3900 bucks while not life altering is still 4 fucking grand that I doubt you have lying around and if they jet leaving you holding the bag it'll be hard as hell to get the cash from them. All they need to do is say you and your ex said you guys would pay the lease break few and it's their word against yours.

In fact I'd talk to legal aid and see what your options are if everything goes south. Phone Post 3.0

Why'd ya break up? Phone Post

I guess the big question is who's fucking signature is on the lease?????

She's banging the Craigslist guy. Phone Post 3.0

if u get evicted they have to give u your deposit back

i'd just get a new roomie

but u could get yourself evicted...

Guys, me and my girlfriend are breaking up and she's moving out, so my roommates are gonna have to pay about $800 each as their share of breaking the lease. That's cool right? Phone Post

Sliced - 

Guys, me and my girlfriend are breaking up and she's moving out, so my roommates are gonna have to pay about $800 each as their share of breaking the lease. That's cool right? Phone Post

Like i said who's signature is on the lease? And just for good measure who inititiated the breakup?

donfryesmustache - 
Sliced - 

Like i said who's signature is on the lease? And just for good measure who inititiated the breakup?

????

OP whats your ex's number so I can call her and mayne talk some sense into her

I can't believe this is real. No way you would think the other roommates should pay??????? What is your reasoning behind that?

This is all you and your girl. Phone Post

So either your girlfriend dumped you, and you expect 3 other roommates to share a $3900 fee, or you dumped your girlfriend, and expect 3 other roomamates to share a $3900 fee. In either scenario, they are not responsible for the situation.

And you are surprised they expect you and your girlfriend to pay for the $3900 fee?

It is your fault, or your girlfriend's fault, or both of yours fault.

Your roommates are completely reasonable to push that $3900 fee on you and your girlfriend.

Fighting - 

Hate to say it, that's all on you.  They aren't breaking the lease you are.  Specifically your ex is.  She should pay for it all.  Just stonewall everyone.  Say you aren't moving anywhere and aren't paying shit.

Put it all on your ex girl. 

My first thought was me and her were going to have to split it. And no i wont put it all on her, Im not an asshole.