Rooms in the Mind

what room in the mind do you try to live in?

The penthouse.

lol

do you live in the room of joy, fear, pain, ecstasy, stoicism, hedonistic pleasure, where do you live?

I try to live in the present and react appropriately.

I live in a tent in the back yard

;)

I live in none of the ones you mentioned.

I probably move around from room to room

Pain, Stoicism and everynow and then I peek into the fear. The rent here is overpriced and the landlord wont fix the leaks. But I still pay on time.

then do your passions (note: I am using passions as the Greeks did) run wild?

and you think this is healthy?

build a house with a solid foundation. You live in the world and are of it but you should be immersed in it at all times. Once in a while, come home.

whatever myths you choose to live by. Pantheists have no text, so I've read many. While I was raised Jewish (and am still culturally Jewish), I borrow from Chan Buddhism, Taoism and Stoicism quite a bit in my living philo and how I divide up my house. I leave it now and then- but I find the mind appreciates the structure.

MS

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I actually try to live outside as often as I can.

Rastus- If that works for you, great. I consiously try to alter my perception at times to give myself a better result.

JLF1- Read Joseph Campbell and keep looking.

the myth of the Phoenix has always meant alot to me.

Death Burial Resurrection.

the basic hero myth is present everywhere from ancient stories to modern invention, both east and west. Take one version you really like, and learn the lessons the way it teaches them. Take Dune, Star Wars, the Baghavid Gita, King Arthur, it doesn't matter- just use a myth.

feel the fear and do it anyway (most of the time). We all have fear, we all deal with it. Since you're on mma.tv I'm going to guess you've done some kind of mma/sparring. How many "normal" ppl do this in their spare time? They're too afraid. I'm sure there are things you've been trained to do that most of us can't- its all just training- find the right room in your mind.

thats true. Somebody asked me the other day how could I just step in a ring and pulverize somebody that I didnt know or wasnt angry with. I said, its training. Same thing soldiers do. Some peoples motives and rooms are darker than others.

DUST-DEVILS

In the wind of the mind arises the turbulence<br>
  called I.<br>
It breaks; down shower the barren thoughts.<br>
All life is choked.<br>
This desert is the Abyss wherein the Universe.<br>
  The Stars are but thistles in that waste.<br>
Yet this desert is but one spot accursed in a world of<br>
  bliss.<br>
Now and again Travellers cross the desert; they come<br>
  from the Great Sea, and to the Great Sea they go.<br>
As they go they spill water; one day they will irrigate<br>
  the desert, till it flower.<br>
See! five footprints of a Camel! V.V.V.V.V.