ROOTS 2016

Anyone else watching? 

(runs out of thread)

What's your name?!?! Phone Post 3.0

RYAZZO AZZO! MY FATHER IS ABAZZO AZZO, MY MOTHER IS UBAZZA AZZO, I AM MANDINKA WARRIOR!

I stopped watching tv but ill have to check this out.

Is it really a remake?

Is it a musical like the black version of Oz? Phone Post 3.0

I'm white so no. Phone Post 3.0

bearockbrobama - I stopped watching tv but ill have to check this out.

Is it really a remake?

Is it a musical like the black version of Oz? Phone Post 3.0

Roots the Musical?

Part of me thinks that is SO racist, but another part of me thinks that would be awesome.

Is it really a remake?

Is it a musical like the black version of Oz?

Nope. Just an updated version.

sewich - I'm white so no. Phone Post 3.0
That has nothing to do with anything, Phone Post 3.0

Is Lavar Burton gonna get a cameo? Phone Post 3.0

I watched Part 1 last night, it was very good.

Fun Fact: Omoro Kinte (Kunta Kinte's father) is played by Babs Olusanmokun, who is a BJJ black belt who trains and teaches in NYC.

Lavar does have a cameo!

bearockbrobama - What's your name?!?! Phone Post 3.0
Tobi... With an I.. Phone Post 3.0

I've been watching with my wife. I think they did a good job with it. Phone Post 3.0

Ghengiseanie - 
Ryazzo - Is it really a remake?

Is it a musical like the black version of Oz?

Nope. Just an updated version.

Is it bad that at private school being the only non white at Christmas in the cathedral concert I had To singthe following songs as a representative of the "Carribean" wearing a vest with hippopotami on.

"Mary had a baby, Oh Lord" 'negro spiritual'
And
"pick a bale of cotton" Phone Post 3.0

did they make you wear a top hat and a bone in your nose?

Huh? Someone say my name? Oh... nm Phone Post 3.0

Just got done part 2. Really excellent show. The actor who plays Kunta Kinte is phenomimal. 

Hated it! Every white character was portrayed as an ignorant, arrogant, hateful asshole every black character was wise, peaceful and noble.

Steve Perry - 

Hated it! Every white character was portrayed as an ignorant, arrogant, hateful asshole every black character was wise, peaceful and noble.

Except, you know, the enemy tribe who capture Kunta Kinte and sell him into slavery.

As I white person I found the show great Phone Post 3.0

EDIT: SPOILERS

Tomato Can does speak the truth. The black slave owning tribe was featured for like half the first part 1 and they were mean evil fuckers. Also the black guy who was bringing in Kunta on the cart. 

Also they really tried to make the slave owners brother as a decent guy. At least as far as Ive gotten. The he slapped Kunta in the back of the head which Im not sure what was up with that. Somewhat confusing.