Rorion awarding a BB

Has Rorion ever awarded a Black Belt either in Brazil or America? I know his sons were awarded by Helio and I understand his sons sign the certificates from Gracie Torrance.

Al Bundy...you tube it

Jordan, 12's son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xc7bCLVfwY

At 20 years old, WOW.

that was a good day

Geeze... Rorion gives those things away like candy!

Ahh Papa 12, you are the proud one, no?

When Rener and Ryron speak that proudly about your son, and I believe Ryron said that Jordan tapped him, that speaks volumes about you Papa 12 and your son.

Much respect Papa 12 and Jordan.

So in 40 yrs of teaching Rorion has awarded 2 Black belts: Jordan and Ed Oneil.

thats gota be one of the best promotions I have seen

graciesrule - So in 40 yrs of teaching Rorion has awarded 2 Black belts: Jordan and Ed Oneil.

seriously, you jus can't google this information?

Has anyone fm Torrance won a worlds or Pan-ams? Just curious.

Kukuk got his in Brazil, I believe.

GAME-DOG - Has anyone fm Torrance won a worlds or Pan-ams? Just curious.

no,but i dont think anyone has put in the time,most guys train bjj as a hobby.no extra training ,cardio weights ,ect ect.

let me add,i dont think anyone has the game to do it,no 1/2 ,x spider guard.

the thought is if you get your guard passed,so what,now sub or mount me .get mounted, not for long.get our back taken ,we hit the mat fast with our back ,give up the mount and 4 points.

what belt do u have 12?

its dirty ,but white

I didn't know that about Kukuk. I know he got his Brown Belt from Rorian, and his Black Belt from Royler @ Gracie Academy in Brazil.

12 - its dirty ,but white

hunh? u must be joking

"I believe Kukuk got his from Rorion, they had a falling out and Rorion stripped him of it, and then he went elsewhere, or soemthing like that."

I think there is some validity to this. I remember back in '92 or '93, I was visiting the Gracie Academy and picked up a newsletter that they published. It contained an announcement of a black belt being "stripped" or "no longer being recognized" (I can't remember the exact wording). I think it had to due with the person advertising and teaching another art along with "Gracie Jiu-Jitsu". I don't think Rorion wanted the Gracie name associated with another art.

I can't remember who it was exactly that was stripped. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but it's been 17+ years. I guess the inside scoop on this would come from Lowell Anderson or Richard Bressler (both brown belts at the time). It's funny, I've been following Jiu-Jitsu forums on the internet since the beginning and I've never heard anyone bring up the fact that Rorion had issued and revoked a black belt until now. It actually stuck in my head for the last 17 years.

Actually, I believe Lowell ended up getting his black belt from Fabio Santos after leaving the Gracie Academy.

Judo Scott - 
12 - its dirty ,but white

hunh? u must be joking

no joke,but i have been called the best white belt in the world.

ttt