Rory came off weak in his callout.

Someone explain this to me:

Why when you clearly want "revenge" and you really want to fight someone would you add the part "let's do it in my hometown, Montreal"???
It comes off weak like oh I want home field advantage for my revenge. Fuck that, he'd have impressed a lot more if he said said let's do it in YOUR hometown. That'd be revenge.

GSP hasn't fought outside of Canada in forever and now Rory wants a similar deal? I totally understand the hometown draw for the UFC (i.e. Dan Hardy or the rumor about Sakara) but no othe champion or fighter for that matter gets that treatment. Not even Anderson, it says something traveling around the world defending your title instead of holding up in your hometown.

And I'm a GSP fan saying that.

I think he just wants to fight Condit. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Then why even specify a place?

TheOne -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I think he just wants to fight Condit. Phone Post

Because it's coming up and it's his "home." Everybody wants to fight at home Phone Post

^I understand both of those points. I just thought it looked weak, he's calling out Condit and he want to fight in his hometown in front of his friends? He wants his cake and to eat it too?

It's true. Fuck that, I'll kick your ass in front of YOUR friends. That's how I would do it. Phone Post

He got 'humiliated' in his hometown and now he wants it back. Can you blame the kid?

OP, you must understand that Rory isn't like us humans. His reasoning is beyond our understanding. Now, if you turn to page 6, you'll see a nice giraffe. Phone Post

TheOne - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

because it was the closest event they could fight on.

WhoppersJr -
TheMastro - 
TheOne - ^I understand both of those points. I just thought it looked weak, he's calling out Condit and he want to fight in his hometown in front of his friends? He wants his cake and to eat it too?

You thought wrong Phone Post

read this in a robotic, monotone voice

"You beat me in my hometown in front of my friends. You humiliated me. I was embarrassed. I want you to give me a rematch in my new hometown. I want my revenge."

Yes, the call out was very weak.

What does that even mean? So he isn't Chael Sonnen but we already knew that. He just wants to fight Condit lol Phone Post

SO MANY PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS OF RORY_MAC

LOL at saying anyone looks weak immediately after DESTROYING BJ Penn worse than he's ever been destroyed.

CREamed_by_DongJ - Rory is a bad motherfucker, he's just pure class for the most part and a true professional athlete.

It's not difficult to see that this kid looks up GSP and he is going to mold himself after Georges in ways.

At the end of the day he represents Canada well with his demeanor, at the end of the day he's one of the best true mixed martial artists in MMA history.

Fighters like Rory and Jon Jones showcase how far this sport has come, they're the guys who started extremely young and showcase the scary well roundedness that we knew was coming and it just shows in their mental approach as well.

It's not the most entertaining thing to see, but he's staying true to himself and the mentality that has taken him so far in the sport. He's diligent, dedicated, soft spoken and truly professional.

I don't see how you can't admire the guy to be honest, the way he took it to BJ Penn on the feet was top notch shit and he's an entertaining prospect through and through.

Well said CRE!

WhoppersJr -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
WhoppersJr -
TheMastro - 
TheOne - ^I understand both of those points. I just thought it looked weak, he's calling out Condit and he want to fight in his hometown in front of his friends? He wants his cake and to eat it too?

You thought wrong Phone Post

read this in a robotic, monotone voice

"You beat me in my hometown in front of my friends. You humiliated me. I was embarrassed. I want you to give me a rematch in my new hometown. I want my revenge."

Yes, the call out was very weak.

What does that even mean? So he isn't Chael Sonnen but we already knew that. He just wants to fight Condit lol Phone Post

Point being, what leverage does Rory have to ask for the rematch in his "hometown" again? He already lost the first fight, has yet to beat a top 10 opponent, and now he's not only calling out the former number one contender (I have no problem with that), but he's also determining the location?

That's the weak part, I think. Ask for the fight? Sure. Pick where the rematch takes place? No.

I still don't know how this makes him weak. He apparently had enough leverage to get what he wanted Phone Post

CREamed_by_DongJ - Rory is a bad motherfucker, he's just pure class for the most part and a true professional athlete.

It's not difficult to see that this kid looks up GSP and he is going to mold himself after Georges in ways.

At the end of the day he represents Canada well with his demeanor, at the end of the day he's one of the best true mixed martial artists in MMA history.

Fighters like Rory and Jon Jones showcase how far this sport has come, they're the guys who started extremely young and showcase the scary well roundedness that we knew was coming and it just shows in their mental approach as well.

It's not the most entertaining thing to see, but he's staying true to himself and the mentality that has taken him so far in the sport. He's diligent, dedicated, soft spoken and truly professional.

I don't see how you can't admire the guy to be honest, the way he took it to BJ Penn on the feet was top notch shit and he's an entertaining prospect through and through.

quality post by CRE. voted up

the other part of the specifying his hometown was that it identified a timeframe...and had the added benefit of ensuring he was on the main card of what is sure to be a very well attended event.

plus, as he later stated, he's saved the hassle of travel.

You could look at it 2 ways:

1. The fighter thinks he needs the home town advantage to help him win the fight, so the callout was weak sauce.

2. The fighter is ultra confident he'll win the fight anywhere, but wants his hometown crowd to witness him avenging his lone loss.

OP I think you know which is true.

^this!

I just don't see why he thinks he deserves to call all the shots in his REQUEST for a rematch. Condit just fought for the belt and Rory just beat a soulless BJ Penn.