Rose Namajunas vs. Carla Esparza

I had never heard that about pat and I didn’t read the other thread, but if he knew her since she was 14 and has said he was in love from the first time he saw her, I don’t see how you can’t call that grooming. I’m not trying to debate you because I don’t know the facts. But it sets of my Spidey senses, that’s for sure

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about you specifically, just people in general.

1 Like

fair enough

1 Like

He would be put on the general shit list, not only UFC.

We’re beating a dead horse at this point and I’ve said this in other threads. It’s definitely weird to say some shit like that. It definitely grabs my attention. That doesn’t mean he groomed her, though. I haven’t seen the interview, and I don’t know the context. I never even said it’s impossible that he groomed her. I just don’t have enough information to draw a conclusion. Less than five sentences of words coming out of somebody’s mouth is rarely going to be enough information to know what’s going on one way or the other.

1 Like

Well you did say you would debate on it lol.

2 Likes

Yes I will. But it’s still a dead horse cause I’m repeating myself. Lol.

Well to do that I would need to know what the dynamic was at roufus sport and what exactly pat’s role there was in relation to younger athletes like Rose. If they are just there together occasionally and he never took a part in working with her then I wouldn’t call him a groomer. But if he was a coach or giving her private lessons then that’s smoke, and where there’s smoke there’s fire

2 Likes

Good quote.

I recall Rose landed one really good strike in I believe the 4th round. I said jokingly that could win her the fight.

1 Like

But @MasterofMartialArts we’re probably on the same page so nothing to debate about. Cheers

1 Like

Yeah pretty much. I’m sure the UG won’t forget it about it for long

1 Like

Career suicide I’m guessing. Someone needs to ask the fucking question

It was fun listening because everyone basically admitted they had no idea how the fuck to score the fight.

3 Likes

Commentary was the highlight of the fight

8 Likes

100 percent

It was refreshing to hear them all talking about how boring the fight is, and how one of them needed to do something.

3 Likes

Commentary was the only thing that made the fight worth watching

3 Likes

If Dana could answer that question honestly without backlash he would happily send the women back to invicta.

1 Like

lol. I do remember someone calling it the “dud of duds” before I tuned out.

Anything honest you would say after that fight would just be awkward, “You both fought so timidly I have a hard time even calling that a fight. The fans are really pissed and I can’t say I blame them. What’s your side of the story?”

“Well you know, it is what it is. Yeah, I deserved to win though.”

Vacate the belt and give it to whoever wins between JJ and Zhang.

3 Likes