Rose opens up on trauma from Conor's bus attack

The incident was traumatic for Namajunas not just because she narrowly escaped serious injury, but it brought back childhood memories she thought she had long left behind.

“In my head, once I found out it was Conor, I was a little relieved, but I still was on edge,” Namajunas said. “It just took me back to when I was a kid, riding to school through bad neighborhoods on a bus and people throwing (expletive) at our bus. And I’ve never been completely cornered like that. We were just sitting there not in control. So what did I do in that moment? I said the Lord’s prayer again and then it did make me feel a little bit better at that moment, and it got me through that tough moment.

“And everything that was from my childhood, this is what I fought to get out of, and this is like back to stupid street (expletive). I don’t want to be around that any more. That’s what I fought my way out of.”

Although she was shaken up, Namajunas managed to channel the negativity into yet another outstanding performance in the octagon, as she willed her way to victory two nights later over one of the greatest women’s competitors of all time in Jedrzejczyk.

“I came back around it, like, this is also what I’m here for,” Namajunas said. “So I took it as motivation to show the world that’s not gonna stop me.”

To hear more from Namajunas, including her thoughts on the fight itself, watch the video above.

![](upload://10RdmzqQRmjfbJBctdxTWH2RfES.jpeg)

![](upload://nWtwZFqCgOIH4XmNIFvXprCpzZQ.jpeg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNOVVxNR9nc&feature=emb_logo

why is this still a story?

25 Likes

Lol. Shut up and grow some hair.

2 Likes

It’s inconceivable that she fights professionally and is one of the best women in the world.

sounds like she has been through a lot

![](upload://l5akfI900RsDViKsAsQcnUtapAO.gif)

10 Likes

You can rarely predict what will and won’t traumatize you. I had some horrible things happen to me as a kid that didn’t seem to affect me, and some relative normal shitty experiences that fucked me up.

I know guys that came back from war okay, but then their girlfriend dumping them destroyed them.

It’s all so personal and sometimes seems random.

1 Like

Is she trying to get compensated? If not, this is weird as fuck. 

3 Likes
GrindOnLine -

Is she trying to get compensated? If not, this is weird as fuck. 

Nah, that chick Chiesa tried that and failed.

10 Likes

![](upload://oNiciSqz9eRKu2GfEST9NwPV7f4.gif)

2 Likes
shaqitup - 

It’s inconceivable that she fights professionally and is one of the best women in the world.

Maybe, but if having people throw shit at your school bus is traumatizing, then she has not really been through much. Sorry, but that is weak as hell…

1 Like
DAVID H - 
shaqitup - 

Maybe, but if having people throw shit at your school bus is traumatizing, then she has not really been through much. Sorry, but that is weak as hell…

Honestly, I think random stuff messes with people. I talked about this in my post above. I know guys that came back from war okay, but then their girlfriend dumping them destroyed them.

1 Like

O God man up good lord trauma?

Rose is such a drama queen. 

4 Likes
wiggum - 
DAVID H - 
shaqitup - 

Honestly, I think random stuff messes with people. I talked about this in my post above. I know guys that came back from war okay, but then their girlfriend dumping them destroyed them.

I am trying to see your point and yes it is a valid one. But, how weak of a society are we when ghetto kids throwing shit at your school bus causes you emotional trauma???

6 Likes

![](upload://mPAJlYRDa6hXJHdPEEBCmbResbr.jpeg)

4 Likes
DAVID H - 
wiggum - 
DAVID H - 
shaqitup - 

I am trying to see your point and yes it is a valid one. But, how weak of a society are we when ghetto kids throwing shit at your school bus causes you emotional trauma???

I don’t know if it reflect the weakness of society. I think shit has messed with people for a long time.

Rose has showed that she is very physically tough in the cage. She is obviously very disciplined. It seems like she has some demons, too. She doesn’t make a big show of it and she doesn’t hype it to get attention. But, she’s honest about it. So, my hat is off to her.

3 Likes

Hmmmm Some valid postss in this thread 

What a weirdo,a drunken irishman throwing a cart at your bus traumatized you?