Rothwell as viable opponent for Cain?

This is a horseshit match.

There is no way Rothwell is a higher ranked HW than Kongo, so there is no way a victory over Kongo should be followed by a co-main even vs Velasquez!

This is one of the shittier matches the UFC has made in awhile.

(somehow this ended up in tuf10 forum) (sorry)

Name suits you bro.

bullshit

here is rothwells record and kongos record

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Rothwell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Kongo

You tell me how Rothwell can possibly be ranked higher

I mean 2 fights ago Rothwell was knocked out by a guy supposedly not good enough for the UFC anymore in Arlovski

and 5 fights ago he fought a guy the UFC wanted no part of at the time in Roy Nelson

While Kongo has wins over Cro-Cop, Hardonk, and Al-Turk in same timespan

The only UFC guy Rothwell has beat in his last 3 or 4 years is sosyzinski

so i dont know

it doesnt make much sense to me

I know he was but so was Roy Nelson

Being IFl champ doesnt mean they are going to get all excited about you

I know who Rothwell is

not my point

he just shouldnt get this high ranking of a match this quick

MMA exists outside of the UFC.

Kongo 14-5-1

Rothwell 30-6

Kongo's only decent win is over a past his prime/unmotivated CroCop.
Rothwell has wins over Soszynski, Nelson, Whitehead and has a heap of experience fighting tough guys.

It's fucking ridiculous you think Rothwell isn't worthy of fighting Cain.

Cain struggled with Kongo, and all of Cains wins aside Kongo have been cut from the UFC. Sure Cain has potential but I don't see how wins over Brad Morris, Jake O'brien and Denis Stojnic and a decision over Kongo has turned him into a title contender who is too good for fighting top 10-15 vets.

Because "I like turtles"

2 months ago the ufc had him on par with Carwin

today Carwin faces the champ

while Cain faces an unranked guy they are bringing in just to give Cain an easy win, a guy who was knocked out 2 fights ago by another guy the UFC cut

THE UFC HAS NEVER CUT KONGO

And Obrien at the time was a big win and a guy who seemed like he was going places

Read my post again, you may see where I said all of Cains wins ASIDE KONGO have been cut.

UFC didn't really have anyone else to match up with Brock, that fight was booked before Nog beat Randy.

Carwin makes the most sense coming of a former title contender in Gonzaga and because two big muscle bound Americans will sell a heap of PPV's. Carwin getting a title shot due in part to circumstance and a thin division doesn't magically make Cain some highly ranked fighter who is only worthy of fighting top 3-5 guys.

Rothwell will expose the Cain hype imo.

Who should Cain fight???? Everyone elses dance card is full. Cain needs a fight Rothwell is a legit heavyweight. A win for Cain gives much needed experience against savvy vet or Rothwell comes into the UFC with a bang. A loss gives Cain more time to develop...the ufc isn't dropping him at all.

Rothwell is going at +200..that is a great bet

"I mean 2 fights ago Rothwell was knocked out by a guy supposedly not good enough for the UFC anymore in Arlovski"

Based on his performance against Kongo, I tend to believe Cain woulda been KOed by Arlovski in the first. I agree it's not a very appealing match up, but it's a fair match up for both of them.

"Rothwell is going at +200..that is a great bet"

+260 on bodog, I'm thining of putting a few bucks on him for the hell of it.

Before Andrei's bad run outside of the UFC against supposedly weak non UFC competition, Dana said he was the one fighter he wanted to keep.

This newby thinks a win over Jake O'Brien was impressive for Cain, but a win over O'Brien for Arlovski and he's not good enough for the UFC.

I missed the axiom that stipulates that the opponent after a win *must* be ranked higher than the previous opponent.

If there is such an axiom, it's absurd to implement in MMA. Kongo may be a more dangerous opponent than Rothwell against Cro Cop, for example, but that doesn't mean he's a more dangerous opponent against someone else, especially if that someone else has the wrestling tools to take advantage of Kongo's weaknesses. In this case, Rothwell may actually be more dangerous to Cain because he is better well-rounded.

The real question is whether or not Rothwell is a good challenge and entertaining matchup for Cain. He probably is on both counts. If Cain trains for an easier opponent than Kongo, he'll likely lose.

Rothwell by KO

yup they nevet cut arlovski u newby

I Like Turtles - Before Andrei's bad run outside of the UFC against supposedly weak non UFC competition, Dana said he was the one fighter he wanted to keep.

This newby thinks a win over Jake O'Brien was impressive for Cain, but a win over O'Brien for Arlovski and he's not good enough for the UFC.

lol "this newby" in my own thread from a guy who joined 2 months before me

get a life and stay on topic

you are right

they got outbid

and then they chose not to resign him whe he became re available

newbyfan - 
I Like Turtles - Before Andrei's bad run outside of the UFC against supposedly weak non UFC competition, Dana said he was the one fighter he wanted to keep.

lol "this newby" in my own thread from a guy who joined 2 months before me

get a life and stay on topic

Look at you getting butthurt just because I exposed your tard logic. It's on topic and if anyone needs a life it's you, dumbass.

It's not your join date that's making you look like a newb. Aside your name obviously pointing to the fact, it's your poorly thought out argument.

LOL @ Rothwell beating Cain. I hope you guys put some money on it and even the line out a bit for me. Although I think it's already a steal at -260.

Cain by wrestling domination all day long.