Rothwell vs Reem = fantastic matchmaking!

Both men coming off wins. Plus they say styles make fights so this should be a great fight. Great job Joe Silva!

I'm more interested in Schaub vs Reem but OP is right, this is a great match.

I like the match up alot. Phone Post 3.0

Should be an easy win for reem tbh.

Disagree. Rothwell is a career B-lister and coming off a win I'd rather see Overeem fight a bigger name. Miocic or Barnett would have been ideal.

Battle of the horsemen? Excellent fight Phone Post 3.0

either overeem gasses and gets tko'd, overeem knees rothwell into obilivion, or conservereem shows up and he wins a decision. Overeem shouldnt' have lost so far in the ufc if he fought smarter in my opinion

Tomato Can - Disagree. Rothwell is a career B-lister and coming off a win I'd rather see Overeem fight a bigger name. Miocic or Barnett would have been ideal.

Miocic is on a 3 fight win streak, the Reem's last win was vs Mir who arguably should retire.

Barnett wouldn be pretty good, but I think from a promotional stand point Rothwell is the better fight for the Reem.

Not sure what your point is. Rothwell's last win was over Brandon Vera, which is almost worthless at this point. He beat Schaub over 2 years ago and was choked out by Gonzaga in the meantime.

Overeem is the exact type of fight Miocic needs, a fight that can lead to a title shot. I don't get how Rothwell is better than anyone from a "promotional standpoint". He's fought very sporadically over the last few years and is generally seen as a fringe contender. The only way this fight makes sense is if they're trying to build Overeem for a title shot without giving him anyone overly dangerous.

I like this match up a lot too. I wish they were both roided to the gills though.

brahmabull81 - I just see Rothwell doing well but then folding from a knee to the body in the collar tie clinch as he rushes forward in one of his flurry attacks.

Either way even if that doesnt happen, its a great matchup, as OP states.

I could definitely see this happening as well. Very excited to see tho!

Pitbull3744 - 

Tomato you are a bit loco on this one, Rothwell is a nightmare for anyone.  I am a huge Reem fan but if Rothwell catches him it could be lights out.  HOwever i do see Reem picking him apart same as mir but getting the finish. 

You guys dont get that this is a different Reem now.  He wont be in such a rush and gas out, he will take his time and pick people apart with his crazy striking.  He doesnt have to rush to get the KO he can get it at any time with any part of him.  

Rothwell is a nightmare for anyone, except of course the several people he has already lost to, most of whom aren't as good as Overeem is.

Touch matchup for the reems chin.

Hope he can pull through though Phone Post 3.0

Battle of the roids.

Lol too bad Reem couldn't get the Brock fight that he asked for Phone Post 3.0

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - I'm more interested in Schaub vs Reem but OP is right, this is a great match.
Overeem coming off a win against Mir fights Schaumburg coming off a loss to the previously unranked Arlovski? That is shitty matchmaking and I don't wanna hear any of that robbery bs lol Phone Post 3.0

MediumRareMistake - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - I'm more interested in Schaub vs Reem but OP is right, this is a great match.
Overeem coming off a win against Mir fights Schaumburg coming off a loss to the previously unranked Arlovski? That is shitty matchmaking and I don't wanna hear any of that robbery bs lol Phone Post 3.0

Was logging on to say the same thing but you beat me to it. Schaub doesn’t deserve Reem/Hunt or anyone legit, why do some people act like he’s a top guy in the division and relevant in any way? He’s not.

This is a good test to see if Reem can actually make a run. Rothwell can take a beating so Reem will likely try to pace himself again like he did against Mir, if he goes blitzkreig like he did against Browne, I could see Rothwell maybe clipping him. If he wins this then give him Stipe, unless Stipe is waiting for the JDS fight.