ROTTING FRUIT smell in my car

going into my car this morning i was hit with the stench of what seemed liek rotting fruit in my car

i know i didnt have any food in there, and I checked everywhere for anything that could be the source and found nothing

when i open that middle armrest/compartment thing, it seems like the smell is coming from there...but i cant tell what it is.....when checking under the seats for anythig, didnt see shit

the 1 thing i did notice that was different about my car yesterday was this scratchy, fluttery sound in my vents when i turned on the AC...like a piece of plastic/paper wrapper was caught inside

what could this be

Check the trunk for a dead hooker.

DosAnjos#1fan - Check the trunk for a dead hooker.

Did Casey Anthony borrow your car lately?

1. Adopt bloodhound from SPCA
    2. Have happy bloodhound sniff out offending item.
    3. Remove offending item
    4. Return happy bloodhound to SPCA
    5. See what pure disappointment looks like.

Antifreeze leak, possible blown heater coil or something. Check your coolant levels. Phone Post 3.0

Your flux capacitor expired Phone Post 3.0

Funny story  …. In college I was dating a girl and we had yet to fart around each other.  One night we were getting in her car and I let one go outside, it was a stinker.  I was hoping it would stay out there and we could drive off into the sunset.  Well, that foulness followed me into the car.  She gets in an immediately goes “WTF is that smell?  It smells like rotting fruit in here!”  Too embarrassed to come clean, I helped her search under the seats, and through all the junk in her back seat.  No rotting fruit was found.

LOL at Clatty!!! VU

Is it worse when the blower is on or do you hear any noise when it's on? I have seen my fair share of dead animals in them.

Pruno

whats invisible and smells like worms?

bird farts

Trust - 
youarewhatiswrong - Antifreeze leak, possible blown heater coil or something. Check your coolant levels. Phone Post 3.0

That's what I was thinking.  

will check car soon...bringing it to the dealer in 45 min

Sogsteel - Is it worse when the blower is on or do you hear any noise when it's on? I have seen my fair share of dead animals in them.

i did not notice if the smell is worse with the blower on...i only heard the noise in the vents when the blower was on

the smell only appeared today

In Limbo - 
Sogsteel - Is it worse when the blower is on or do you hear any noise when it's on? I have seen my fair share of dead animals in them.

i did not notice if the smell is worse with the blower on...i only heard the noise in the vents when the blower was on

I'm gonna bet there is a dead animal in the blower. The noise your are likely hearing is the animal causing an imbalance of the blower as it spins or the carcasss flying around in there. That or somebody dropped something down a vent tht is rotting in there.

Sogsteel - 
In Limbo - 

I'm gonna bet there is a dead animal in the blower. The noise your are likely hearing is the animal causing an imbalance of the blower as it spins or the carcasss flying around in there. That or somebody dropped something down a vent tht is rotting in there.

ugh about to find out in a few minutes at the dealer

i also park under a bunch of fruit/berry bearing trees as well, although none of them currently have any fruit on them..they've just been shedding these little stringy things