ROUFUS vs JAMES photos

TeilaTulistooth 
Date: 05/16/07 09:21 AM
433 Total Posts
He is in great shape, he's still got it and whenever I see guys fight MMA out of his gym here in Wisconsin they do pretty well.

TeilaTulistooth  the Guys in WI you are referring to train at Duke Roufus's school......Duke and Rick are brothers! 

sweet ko, been kicked with him with one of those,even with head gear, they freking hurt...lol..

"rick was one of the few PKA style kickboxers to make the transition to low kicks"

I respect Rick much more than Alexio because of that. Rick learned a lesson from Kiasongrit. Alexio had his bubble burst by Longidis and ran away and hid.

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK WWW.MKMFIGHTS.COM  FOR THE FIGHT 

WORLD SHIN DO KUMATE'    OUT OF TAMPA,FL

& MASTER MEHRDAD

I wanna see Mehrdad vs Roufus II. From what i heard of their first fight, Mehrdad at the very least was holding his own against Rick before his knee buckled in the third.

Date: 05/16/07 09:35 AM
4749 Total Posts Ignore User

I actually remember ricks fight before the therialt fight. theriealt was commentating and was retired I believe. Ricks wanted the fight and actually leaned through the ropes and accosted therialt to take the fight.
the rest is history.

rick was my f-ing hero growing up in milwaukee.

anunaki - I remember that fight well. It was at Lake Tahoe and Rick had just KO'd Mike McDonald in about 40 seconds before he went after Jean Yves. Theriault had not retired at the time, but was recovering from a broken hand and was just there to commentate for tv and hype up the already scheduled fight between him and Roufus.

Who's NEXT for The JET ? I wana see Mighty Mo ! Put it that Rick was WBC Continental Americas boxing champion and is southpaw witch puts a new aspect to Mo's game.

Showtime always was more progressive than HBO. There old kickboxing shows were great.

K-1 is still up and comming with good match ups! so F*k HBO & Showtime....

Rick would KO Mighty Mo 2rd's or less !!! I'll Bet $15000 he Does.....Trust me or Bet Me !!!

The Kiatsonkrit match was awesome! I remember watching the Thai commentary back in the day and thinking WTF?! Why isn't the MT fighter throwing any knees or elbows? Later when I watched the version w/ the american commentary, I realized that knees & elbows weren't allowed in that match. Rick held his own, until the devastating low kicks took their toll on him.

Has he ever fought Hoost, Aerts, LeBanner, or Cro Cop ???

he fought hoost twice and (I believe he's 1-1 with him im not sure.) He's also beat Rob Kaman.

"Has he ever fought Hoost, Aerts, LeBanner, or Cro Cop ???"

Here is the vid of Hoost KOing Roufus brutaly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCIqGS9v-G4

TTT for Rick!

www.myspace.com/rickroufus

WELL SOLDAT LOOK WHAT ROUND IT WAS !! 11TH + HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT ! AND RICK IS ON TOP OF HIS GAME BETTER THAN EVER NOW WITH NEW TRAINERS / MUAY THAI ... AND ILL TELL YA HE HAS CHANGED HIS FIGHT STYLE TO A NEW LEVEL.... FOR RICK TO BRING IT BACK ONE MORE TIME AND TAKE ANOTHER TITLE, THIS IS WHAT HE WANTED AND IF GIVEN THE CHANCE HE WILL.....

gh

Eduardo looks really mean.

Man, Rick looks great. He and Duke are both great fighters and trainers, although Duke is more traditional MT and Rick leans towards the K-1 stuff.

I had no idea Rick was only 40. Not that he looks old, he's just been fighting forever!

Fighting MMA at 40 is one thing--and impressive--but when you think Rick's probably been getting kicked and punched for 20+ years and is STILL competitive it's pretty mind-blowing. I'd love to see what he's doing for conditioning and nutrition.