Round 1 could be scored a 10-7?

I had it 10-7. Multiple times in that round that the fight was almost over and he barely made it out of the round. Textbook 10-7 to me. Phone Post

Another 10-8 round would be Carwin-Brock.

Edgar won the fight though.

10-7 would have been fine.

Maynard totally dominated the round, dropped him multiple times, and had him near finished for the majority of the round.

aaronlynton - it should be 10-8, but i feel like they're more rare than they should be, you really gotta work someone... what are some other recent 10-8 rounds? anyone?

Did a little searching and found 30-24 for Quarry over Starnes and 30-23 for Forrest Petz over Sammy Morgan. The latter might be a strong candidate for a no-foul 10-7.

Wait, you mean to tell me a Maynard/Edgar fight went to decision? Phone Post

Edgar won. Phone Post

Old noob - 
aaronlynton - it should be 10-8, but i feel like they're more rare than they should be, you really gotta work someone... what are some other recent 10-8 rounds? anyone?

Did a little searching and found 30-24 for Quarry over Starnes and 30-23 for Forrest Petz over Sammy Morgan. The latter might be a strong candidate for a no-foul 10-7.

Okay Aaron you asked about 10-8's, not 10-7's, upon further review. It's way past my bedtime. But to answer your actual question, T. Silva got a 10-8 over Vera tonight. That's pretty recent.

Humphrey - 

nobody in MMA is going to score any round a 10-7. first, it would instantly decide a 3 round fight and nearly impossible in a title fight. it makes no sense to EVER use it.  

You're so wrong.

If a fighter lays a 10-7 beatdown on someone in a 3-rounder, it should nearly guarantees a win. Unless of course they come back with a 10-7 of their own.

....and nearly impossible in a title fight.

I scored rd1 a 10-7 for Gray.

And Edgar the next four at 10-9.

The fight was decided in the 5th round on my card after a 10-7 1st. Sounds fair to me.

Ghan - If Frankie's face was completely covered in blood, I could see a 10-7 being fair.

BLOOd has nothing to do with scoring.Im all for 10-7 rounds

10-8
giving it anything less is ridiculous imo. I've even heard some people give Maynard a 10-6 that is the stupidest thing ever
especially since Edgar kept getting back up and didn't turtle up the whole round like Lesnar

PUML Clothing - 10-8
giving it anything less is ridiculous imo. I've even heard some people give Maynard a 10-6 that is the stupidest thing ever
especially since Edgar kept getting back up and didn't turtle up the whole round like Lesnar

It's because he kept getting back up(and then knocked down again, as well as gnp) that I thought it was 10-7.

Edgar was out on his feet for half the round. He was falling down on his own and he kept turning his back to Maynard. It would have been a fair stoppage at several points considering he really wasn't protecting himself intelligently as you can't just turn your back to your opponent to avoid damage. This is actually probably what saved him as Maynard couldn't connect with a clean shot against him to finish him off while he had his back turned to him.

10-8 is where u drop someone and have him rocked good for most of the round. 10-7 is when its just one or two shots from the ref stepping in. And the ref WAS almost about to stop it...10-7 IMO

Combat Sport Fan - 10-8 for domination 10-7 for domination plus a low blow or something.

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

http://www.abcboxing.com/unified_mma_rules.html

jordan breen from sherdog.com scored the 1st round 10-7 maynard

to compare...one judge gave Thiago silva a 10-8 round in round 3 against Vera. Do you think his round was as dominant as Maynard's against Edgar in round 1.

10-7 is possible, the rules show it. 10-10 is allowed, it's in the rules. Don't be fooled.

i'd give it a 10-7

he did way more than 3 x the damage franky did in any 10-9 round win

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round. 

4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round. 

Round 1 was NOT a 10-7 imo because Edgar landed enough strikes to bloody Gray's eye by the end of the round (hence Maynard overwhelmningly, but not totally dominated).  

Based on the current unified rules, a 10-7 is virtually impossible unless the losing fighter has no offense whatsoever for the round. They were very meager, but Edgar did land some shots.

3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round. 

4. A round is to be scored as a 10-7 Round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round. 

I had it 10-8 Maynard. No way can it be 10-7. Frankie got caught 1:15 into the round leaving 3:45 remaining Maynard was all over him up until the last minute of the fight completely dominating. In the last min Frankie got some of his legs under him and Maynard slowed down giving Frankie a chance to mount some offense with strikes, even doe nothing seem to hurt Maynard. According to rules of totally dominates to give a 10-7 you can not. He was totally dominated for 2:45 of the round actually. overwhelmingly dominates yes so i scored 10-8. Its gonna be real rare to see a 10-7 in mma with out a round like that plus a point deduction.