Round 2 = Sokoudjou power down

It is crazy. His last four losses:

-Loss Gegard Mousasi TKO (Punches) Round 2, 3:43
-Loss Renato Sobral Submission (Brabo Choke) Round 2, 2:36
-Loss Luis Arthur Cane TKO (Punches) Round 2, 4:15
-Loss Lyoto Machida Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) Round 2, 4:20

As I mentioned to a buddy earlier today, he doesn't gas, he dies. You can visibly see it, he goes down, and he just stops, he is physically unable to move.

All the guys that are that ripped do.  He's got crazy power/skill though.

Dude is a worse front-runner than CroCop. He has no heart at all.

Yes against gegaurd he looked like he just quit, completely.

And 2 years ago people were saying he'd take out fedor

It's weird to watch, because there's no visible sign that he's getting tired. Other fighters breathe through their mouths, put their hands on their hips, move more slowly. With Sokoudjou, out of nowhere he just... stops.

tryptophan - It's weird to watch, because there's no visible sign that he's getting tired. Other fighters breathe through their mouths, put their hands on their hips, move more slowly. With Sokoudjou, out of nowhere he just... stops.

Agreed. It's so bizarre. The difference between him and Shields was really interesting. Shields gassed, he slowed down, was breathing really hard and was pouring sweat in buckets but he just kept moving forward. Sokoudjou looks ok, is breathing fine, mostly dry and then just dies.

Its a mental thing.

He has the cardio but if the fight is competitive and long he just stops trying.

I aggree it's a mental thing.  He got those nice takedowns, but he wasnt going to submit him.  I think he knew he wasn't going to out strike him.  Mousasi was taking the angels away ffrom him and hunting him down hardcore.  Once he was taken down his back was agianst the wall and he said f it.

OmegaPoon -  All the guys that are that ripped do.  He's got crazy power/skill though.

uh, no. look at evander holyfield and randy couture... they can go for days and are muscular. cheick kongo is bigger and more ripped and can go 3 rounds. also see ricardo arona gassing? not me.

Nah, not like Houston Alexander at all. Alexander is a big brawler with massive holes in his game. Sokoudjou is a pretty talented guy who just quits at the first sign of trouble.

100% mental. He's still young but if he does not overcome this, he will remain a B-level gatekeeper.

he is the best 2 min fighter ever.....no one in the word can dominate him in the first 2 min (not even Fedor or Machida)...

but after 2 min, he pass from top 5 to top 500 fighters in the world.

Sokodjou just seems to quit when things aren't going his way. I hate to talk crap about a pro fighter but he doesn't seem to have the heart of a guy like Mayhem Miller or Jon Fitch who have a never say die attitude.