Round two

Please, in the world of logic and appropriate thought process, can someone explain to me how in the blue fuck can Diaz win round two with getting knocked down twice? This is an honest question. Phone Post 3.0

He can't, he lost the fight 3 rounds to 2 Phone Post 3.0

Right, yet somehow, Diaz fans are arguing he won that round? Phone Post 3.0

E. Judging Criteria 1. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it's full time limit based upon the following criteria: -Clean Strikes -Effective Grappling -Octagon Control -Effective Aggressiveness

Nate outstruck Conor, out grappled him, and made him turn his back and run away. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't give him round 2, but I see the arguement.

The knockdowns were Nate trying to be light on the lead leg and having bad footwork while doing so, he popped right up and was never in trouble. He then outstruck Conor in the round.

Diferentigual - Please, in the world of logic and appropriate thought process, can someone explain to me how in the blue fuck can Diaz win round two with getting knocked down twice? This is an honest question. Phone Post 3.0
Because he was never actually hurt (he was practically begging McGregor to get overconfident and jump into his guard). He was caught off balance by two quick shots. He BEAT Conor up and did far more damage, landed more strikes and if that round was any longer Nate could have finished him. Easily Nates round.

Conor was saved by the bell in the 3rd too which justifies a 10-8 surely. Phone Post 3.0

The Pendulum - E. Judging Criteria 1. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it's full time limit based upon the following criteria: -Clean Strikes -Effective Grappling -Octagon Control -Effective Aggressiveness

Nate outstruck Conor, out grappled him, and made him turn his back and run away. Phone Post 3.0
This guy gets it Phone Post 3.0

He didn't do shit with the knockdowns and ran every time he was in trouble then nate caught him against the cage Phone Post 3.0

Diferentigual - Right, yet somehow, Diaz fans are arguing he won that round? Phone Post 3.0

Where are these Diaz fans arguing for the 2nd? I was leaning towards Diaz but he clearly lost the 2nd.

What's crazy is that while watching it, I didn't see Nate getting out of the 1st round. Connor put on a clinic that round. I have no idea how Nate survived that and came back to somewhat dominate late 2nd and sporadically though the last 3 rounds. Phone Post 3.0

Nate slaughtered him for the last bit of the 2nd round, hurt him a lot more then Connor did... but Connor did drop him clean twice so its honestly debateable regardless of how biased you are. I feel the other rounds were clear.

ClydeErwinBarret -
Diferentigual - Right, yet somehow, Diaz fans are arguing he won that round? Phone Post 3.0

Where are these Diaz fans arguing for the 2nd? I was leaning towards Diaz but he clearly lost the 2nd.
Many threads. It's the only way they can argue he was robbed. Won't 2, 3 and 5. I had Conor winning 12 and 4. Knockdowns win rounds. Conor, while gassed and in the shit, wasn't really hurt or busted up like nate. Just my opinion Phone Post 3.0

B Dorian -
The Pendulum - E. Judging Criteria 1. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it's full time limit based upon the following criteria: -Clean Strikes -Effective Grappling -Octagon Control -Effective Aggressiveness

Pendulum has swung the correct Phone Post 3.0

10-10 Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic -
B Dorian -

Pendulum has swung the correct Phone Post 3.0
We need to rewatch and regroup. I definitely disagree as of right now though. Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow -

The knockdowns were Nate trying to be light on the lead leg and having bad footwork while doing so, he popped right up and was never in trouble. He then outstruck Conor in the round.

I agree, but I do believe he won that round based on his punch count and that even though he was knocked down, at the end of the round Conor was the one that felt and looked beat up.
Diaz bleeds easily so no surprise there. One of the knock downs he was moving backwards and on one leg. Almost any punch can knock you down so it's not like McG rocked him or anything.
It was a great fight and I'd love to see a fully healthy non injured Diaz get another shot to prove he's the better fighter.
It was closer to a draw IMO.
I felt like something was wrong the way Diaz kind of let up on him as the fight went on, he was close to ending that fight in the 3rd but didn't capitalize.
Great fight. Props to McGregor for sticking out the 5 rounds but the running was pretty beta. Stand and bang motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0

Have to rewatch. But Nate dominated the last minute or two and that stuck with me. The knockdowns were more Nate going to guard to try baiting him in. I'm positive Nate landed a lot more shots. Phone Post 3.0

Nate got put on his ass. He wasn't flatlined, but him going down was the result of taking a hard shot. It was not a slip, it was not him "baiting" Conor into his guard. You can't just make things up and say they are true. Phone Post 3.0

Ninpo Silva -
12SixElbow -

I agree, but I do believe he won that round based on his punch count and that even though he was knocked down, at the end of the round Conor was the one that felt and looked beat up.
Diaz bleeds easily so no surprise there. One of the knock downs he was moving backwards and on one leg. Almost any punch can knock you down so it's not like McG rocked him or anything.
It was a great fight and I'd love to see a fully healthy non injured Diaz get another shot to prove he's the better fighter.
It was closer to a draw IMO.
I felt like something was wrong the way Diaz kind of let up on him as the fight went on, he was close to ending that fight in the 3rd but didn't capitalize.
Great fight. Props to McGregor for sticking out the 5 rounds but the running was pretty beta. Stand and bang motherfucker. Phone Post 3.0
Stand and bang? These are professional fighters, not two fucking whores down at your trailer park fighting over a dash of meth. Jesus Phone Post 3.0

knockdowns were bad footing, they count as flush punches, but not as a punch that actually hurt nate.  he didnt fall weird or be looked on queer street or anything.  Just immediately got up and went at it again.  People slip sometimes when pressured. its normal, nate was probably also trying to bait conor into a ground game