Rousey vs. McMann set for UFC 170 main event

Mayweather vs Guerrero BOMBED on PPV.

Even Floyd can't draw when fans don't know the opponent or view it as a mismatch.

McMann couldn't be picked out of a crowd by any sports fan and it's the second PPV in a 3 week span.

If Floyd couldn't sell a Guerrero fight it's gonna take a miracle to sell this one at the end of Olympics.

Floyd ended up needing the Canelo fight.

Ronda will need Cyborg. Phone Post 3.0

Really really dumb move by McMann's camp. She is no where near ready. Gaff tied her up good on the ground and McMann got rocked by Baszler.I guess Dana planned this all along. Feed McMann while she is too green.Alexis Davis should be fighting for the title.

Matt Phillips -

It's a 100% brilliant move to have 2 Olympians face each other DURING THE WINTER OLYMPICS. Very very smart move by the UFC. Could be absolutely HUGE PPV numbers with some clever marketing.

Winter Olympics are from Feb 7th to the 23rd. Thsi fight takes place Feb 22nd

. Phone Post 3.0

Shogun of Harlem - Does this mean Alexis Davis will fight once more before she gets a shot? I hope not.
Prob... And probably getting another 125er too. Phone Post 3.0

Fabricio Camoes ring any bells? LOL.

RyannVonDoom - 
Shogun of Harlem - Does this mean Alexis Davis will fight once more before she gets a shot? I hope not.
Prob... And probably getting another 125er too. Phone Post 3.0

Carmouche fights at 125 pounds? Do you honestly think Davis is winning by size? She looked about 2 weight classes smaller standing next to Miriam Nakamoto.

I know you love Baszler but jesus Alexis is one of the smallest 135 fighters.

KingofBJJ - 
The Gumball Kid - 
RONINXOM - 
esque -

Wow. They apparently haven't unlocked the Sarah Mcmann character yet... Phone Post 3.0

Lmao, what a deep division.

As soon as they get a dangerous striker on her, Honda is toast

Well unless the UFC brings in a striker by the names of either Gina or Cyborg, Ronda will continue to win by the basic armbar maneuver.

Either Ronda is that good, or the women just suck at bjj.  I can't say when the last time a male UFC fighter was finished by arm bar.  If it has happened, It is rare.  Guys usually get choked more than anything.  Vitor nearly armbarred Jones, who in turned won by keylock.

Davis is the only legit Black belt in bjj on the roster.

That is why to UFC is scared to book her with Rousey.

Instead they want white belts like McMann and purple belts like Miesha.

KingofBJJ - 
The Gumball Kid - 
RONINXOM - 
esque -

Wow. They apparently haven't unlocked the Sarah Mcmann character yet... Phone Post 3.0

Lmao, what a deep division.

As soon as they get a dangerous striker on her, Honda is toast

Well unless the UFC brings in a striker by the names of either Gina or Cyborg, Ronda will continue to win by the basic armbar maneuver.

Either Ronda is that good, or the women just suck at bjj.  I can't say when the last time a male UFC fighter was finished by arm bar.  If it has happened, It is rare.  Guys usually get choked more than anything.  Vitor nearly armbarred Jones, who in turned won by keylock.

irony being that jim miller won by arm bar tonight. apparently you have a very short memory

devils advocate - 

ronda is a true champion

awesome fight

so happy for wmma right now

Im not. The booking is down right ridiculous. McMann beat gaff who is cut from the org and gets a title shot? After Miesha goes 0-1 with a title shot?

Really is wwe style bullshit. Alexis Davis IS THE RIGHT ONE.

garlic jr - Really really dumb move by McMann's camp. She is no where near ready. Gaff tied her up good on the ground and McMann got rocked by Baszler.I guess Dana planned this all along. Feed McMann while she is too green.Alexis Davis should be fighting for the title.

And you thought I was trolling with my Sara McMann thread. I knew something was up when Zingano started lobbying for the TUF 20 coaching spot.

garlic jr - 
devils advocate - 

ronda is a true champion

awesome fight

so happy for wmma right now

Im not. The booking is down right ridiculous. McMann beat gaff who is cut from the org and gets a title shot? After Miesha goes 0-1 with a title shot?

Really is wwe style bullshit. Alexis Davis IS THE RIGHT ONE.

Since when is the UFC about deserving? Did Diaz deserve to fight GSP before Hendricks? Did the 2-1 Brock deserve to fight for a title? Did a washed up Ken deserve to fight Tito before Chuck? How about all the gifted title shots that Randy got (in two different divisions)?

Good reason not to watch this terrible org.

DEEP JEWELS is 10x better and I have samurai tv

Ronda has caught the acting bug and plans on leaving the UFC soon. They are trying to have her fight as much as possible from now until her UFC departure. Phone Post 3.0

Great fight, tremendous heart by Tate and judo by Rousey as expected but amazing how far Rhonda's striking has come.

Garlic, Rhonda beat bjj blackbelt Ediane Gomes by armlock in 25 seconds in Rhonda's mma pro debut. Gomes has not lost since and is currently 10-2 and the 2nd ranked featherweight after Cyborg.

Lets face it, bjj is least likely to be effective against the champ as you are just trying to beat her at her own game on the ground, which is not going to happen.

McMann is as ready as she is ever going to be. She elected to take time off for personal reasons and was not injured. She started mma at almost exactly the same time Rhonda did and has pretty much the same number of fights.

Rousey by armlock R1.

MieshaTatesSideBoob - Ronda has caught the acting bug and plans on leaving the UFC soon. They are trying to have her fight as much as possible from now until her UFC departure. Phone Post 3.0

Ronda should fight often. There was no good reason to shelve their brand new champion for close to a year. Especially for a reality show and a completely pointless rematch. Just dumb decision making. But why am I not surprised? This is the same org that passed over Leslie Smith in favor of a nobody like Albu. Who is really nothing more than a undersized model.

Yep. More than likely

My guess is Jessica Eye Phone Post 3.0

I don't like it.

Koga - Great fight, tremendous heart by Tate and judo by Rousey as expected but amazing how far Rhonda's striking has come.

Garlic, Rhonda beat bjj blackbelt Ediane Gomes by armlock in 25 seconds in Rhonda's mma pro debut. Gomes has not lost since and is currently 10-2 and the 2nd ranked featherweight after Cyborg.

Lets face it, bjj is least likely to be effective against the champ as you are just trying to beat her at her own game on the ground, which is not going to happen.

McMann is as ready as she is ever going to be. She elected to take time off for personal reasons and was not injured. She started mma at almost exactly the same time Rhonda did and has pretty much the same number of fights.

Rousey by armlock R1.

Don't be naive. Personal reasons = UFC probably pulled her for a future fight for the title. I think they were afraid of Kaufman playing spoiler and having an outcome like Zingano/Tate. Don't know why they were worried... McMann would have rag dolled Kaufman and put on a wrestling clinic.

Koga - Great fight, tremendous heart by Tate and judo by Rousey as expected but amazing how far Rhonda's striking has come.

Rousey by armlock R1.

STFU with the Ediane Gomes bullshit. I wasnt born yesterday.

Davis has a guard. Ediane is top game bjj player. Big fucking difference.

Also on Gomes. She lost a round to HIROKO. Yes the HIROKO who is a dominatrix in japan and did mma to get in shape. Gomes lost a round to her. And HIROKO is in her mid thirties and started training mma late.

So I dont want to fucking read one more time about Gomes proving Rousey wins against any BJJ black belt. Stop posting nonsense. That fight doesnt make Rousey some how magical all these years later and immune to bjj.

"devils advocate - tin foil hat time"

No tin foil hat needed when it comes to UFC politics. McMann pulled out of a Nov fight, and never uttered a word about it anywhere. Then Zingano starts lobbying for a TUF coaching spot a few days ago. Why do you think that was? Plans obviously changed, and the UFC wasn't waiting for her to be healthy. Zingano will probably get her shot in May/June. Davis will probably fight somebody like Amanda Nunes. Or maybe even new darling Julianna Pena.