Rousey: Why I want to fight Tate then Cyborg

Auzzie - Rhonda can beat cyborg now. Cyborg is the one who should be training hard for what Rousey is gonna do.

^^^ let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Cyborg does have national-class wrestling, very high BJJ level (forget her rank), insane strength, incredible aggression, and is light years better striking.

Cyborg wins the fight if they battle now.

RedVexx - And I want to see her against Tate then Cyborg.

She has the grappling advantage in both those fights.

She said she did not cut weight to make 145....

135 is the weight class she should be fighting in.

So lets not try to act like she is ducking cyborg especially when we know Cyborg can barely make 145.

Just prior to the D’Alelio fight she stated: "I can’t go any lower than 145. That’s the lowest weight I can healthily make. I might consider taking a catch-weight fight at 140 someday, but not unless I was very persuaded."

Please stop and don't try to use that ecuse when Cyborg gives Ronda the Jan Finney treatment.

I am a fan of any one that Judo Gene Lebell supports. That guy is awesome.

pegson123 - Miesha Tate has been whining and bitter lately Phone Post

. Phone Post

Rousey would school cyborg on the ground. Cant wait to see that fight Phone Post

She's a natural athlete, intense as hell, her armbars are amazing, and she's fucking game. She is a very good representative of female MMA, technically and athletically.

Not sure if I am too keen on her cocky personality, but I am very, very impressed with her skills, and I am wondering if she can actually be stopped. She has a unique style that mixes up judo and jiu-jitsu and transitions very well from her throws into armbars. She is very, very, very fast, and very, very, very aggressive.

Hence, her fight with Cyborg (who seems unstoppable herself) will be interesting.

Cyborg has a strength edge and is as fast, IMO. She has superior striking and wrestling, but I am not so sure about her jiu-jitsu.

Cyborg was far more careful in her fight with Marloes Coenen and stayed away from her sub attempts (if you compare to her early fights against, say, Shayna Baszler and Gina Carano). I don't think (and I might be wrong here) she was ever taken down, but, rather, she fell when she rushing (which might be a terrible mistake against someone like Ronda).

So, Cyborg will have to be careful, if she wants to win. I think she has the tools and is more complete as a martial artist and more athletic. But Ronda can win this one as well.

Just prior to the D’Alelio fight she stated: "I can’t go any lower than 145. That’s the lowest weight I can healthily make. I might consider taking a catch-weight fight at 140 someday, but not unless I was very persuaded."

Please stop and don't try to use that ecuse when Cyborg gives Ronda the Jan Finney treatment.

Strikeforce wants Cyborg to cut to 135 lbs now. I know she fought at 140 lbs, but 135 lbs might just be impossible, given she walks around 165 lbs.

By the way, I always appreciate your posts, man.

G-Hands - 
Auzzie - Rhonda can beat cyborg now. Cyborg is the one who should be training hard for what Rousey is gonna do.

^^^ let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Cyborg does have national-class wrestling, very high BJJ level (forget her rank), insane strength, incredible aggression, and is light years better striking.

Cyborg wins the fight if they battle now.
idk about that. gina had cris on her back 2x,iirc. but didn't seem to want to engage there. if rousey gets cris down and on her back...bad thoughts...

Something about this seems a little strange to me... Phone Post

JustAnotherMMAFan - She has superior striking and wrestling, but I am not so sure about her jiu-jitsu.

G-Hands - Cyborg does have national-class wrestling, very high BJJ level (forget her rank), insane strength, incredible aggression, and is light years better striking.

Cyborg is a purplebelt in bjj.

National-class wrestling? Superior wrestling? Source??

Cyborg had trouble taking down a thick-bottomed housewife at this year's bjj worlds, and she trains her wrestling with bjj guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y1NymuAZ30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcIwlcZ8DeE

Do you honestly think that gives her an advantage over Rousey, who is a legit world class athlete and judoka that has competed at the highest level in a sport that is far larger, deeper and more prestigious than women's bjj and mma combined?

Not to mention the fact that Rousey trains her wrestling at SK Golden Boys, the home of high level(national/international) wrestlers, various unamed Amerneian maniacs, and fellow judoka like Karo Parisyan who actually have the technical expertise to be able to challenge Rousey, an elite judoka, on the feet that continually pushes her to improve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkBiV5qciug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt9DD3BcN4o

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
She's a natural athlete, intense as hell, her armbars are amazing, and she's fucking game. She is a very good representative of female MMA, technically and athletically.

Not sure if I am too keen on her cocky personality, but I am very, very impressed with her skills, and I am wondering if she can actually be stopped. She has a unique style that mixes up judo and jiu-jitsu and transitions very well from her throws into armbars. She is very, very, very fast, and very, very, very aggressive.

Hi there, I don't usually use the underground but I wanted to comment on this. As far as I'm aware of she only (/mainly) trains judo for her grappling though I could be wrong. She just performs judo throws and newaza/ground work very very well. It's not jiu jitsu (obviously there is enormous overlap as one developed from the other but the principles+philosophies are the major difference).

If you watch in some of her fights she has used Kesa Gatame which is a bread and butter judo newaza hold down technique. The transition from throws to arm bars is similarly judo 101. From the first day of training they drill that you should always throw and land in an advantageous position often controlling an arm. From my experience so far in Judo (which I admit is much probably less than many on this forum) you rarely intend to land in guard after a throw. Her style is not unique at all, it's just <i>exceptionally </i> done- after all, she is an Olympic judoka -4th Dan. Those guy can throw arm bars and triangle chokes from any imaginable position, direction and angle, and they do it fast as hell because of the time limitations in competition. Truly amazing stuff. I just wanted to clear that up. It actually pains me that Sexyama doesn't fight using a similar style. He instead opts for brawling with doesn't make sense to me, but hey, I'm not part of his team so I wouldn't know their reasoning and game plans. He should be at her level of judo.

I think that Ronda can beat Cyborg if she can neutralise the striking. Ronda usually covers up moving forward, clinches, then throws and submits. Where I see her really failing is the first phase, moving forward while covering up and looking for the clinch. With her judo she should be able to take anyone down and grapple, but her striking is unknown - and to be honest probably underwhelming considering she's new to the sport. If she fails to control the distance to clinch, that is if Cyborg controls the distance, I believe Ronda could get KTFO'd highlight reel style.

Rousey is as judoka as you can get, and her aggressive, ne-waza heavy style is particularly well-suited for mma. But even so, don't give the haters anything to work with re: suggesting she isn't doing a lot of cross-training in bjj/wrestling, as she's repeatedly said Henry Akins and the crew at SK Golden Boys are helping her a ton, in addition to her larger judo/sambo family of friends/coaches.

Can't wait to see her fight again.

Man now that there's serious talent in womens MMA shit just got real

Rhonda is extremely predictable and one-dimensional in the way she attempts to clinch. She's definitely not ready for Cyborg.