Rowdy Bec Hyatt Interview (Bum Lover)

‘Rowdy’ Bec Hyatt is making noise in MMA right now. Inside the cage, she is a competitor who wants to test herself against the best girls that she can. Outside of it, she has taken to social media and made her presence known. She has the right attitude towards MMA and life, in general. Hyatt has the ‘It factor’ that many fighters lack today. While most of them do not want to engage with fans over social media, Hyatt embraces it. Maybe it’s because she is a parent and sees the bigger picture that makes her able to take the good with the bad. She is one of those people who doesn’t get offended easily, and takes the Big Lebowski approach to life; ‘That’s just like… your opinion, man.’

While she is always smiling and staying positive, she is all business in the cage. We get to see her go to work against Jasminka Cive at InvictaFC 5 this Friday, April 5th. Bec and I discussed the waves she is making in MMA and much more in a recent interview.

Evan Shoman: Invicta is blowing up right now, but it is still small in relation to the bigger organizations. While they market you the best they can, as a fighter you have to market yourself as well. You are successfully doing this while gaining both fans and haters. Either way, they are talking about you.

Bec Hyatt: I don’t care if they hate me. As long as they talk about whether I will win or lose is all I care about.

ES: I saw your Facebook, Twitter, and the Underground Forum. Some people’s reactions to your posts get pretty negative. Do you think people haven’t quite grasped the concept that what you are doing is marketing yourself and not just fishing for compliments? It seems people don’t get it.

BH: They don’t get it. They seem to be stuck in Martial Arts from back in the day where you didn’t say a bad word about anyone and showing your respect. They don’t understand that today you have to market yourself and make people care about wanting to see you fight. Being respectful is all well and good, but sometimes you need to stir the pot. Some people don’t like it and they get a little crabby towards me.

ES: What happened with reporter Aaron Tru? He seems to really dislike you and expressed it on the forum.

BH: I call him the bi-polar bear! One minute he loves me and he supports my career. The next minute he says I’m rubbish and am going to be the next big flop if I lose this fight.

Check out the FULL interview at http://www.hov-mma.com/2013/04/evan-shoman-sits-down-with-bec-hyatt.html

Silly old willy... look what you've done :)

Another great article Evan

http://www.hov-mma.com/2013/04/evan-shoman-sits-down-with-bec-hyatt.html

RowdyBec - 

Silly old willy... look what you've done :)

haha... she called you "old"

photo davissrheadbob_zps5844a33e.gif

Why does Shoman always bill me as "Rowdy" Bec Hyatt though?? Huh Shoman?? IT'S BEC "ROWDY" HYATT DAMNIT :) Sorry... I'm hungry & tried....

UGCTT_EnderTL - 

If you're suggesting I look anything remotely like that... I will fight you!!

Nice picture Bec....love ya

Bec is one of the most recognizable fighters at this event, largely due to the social media as mentioned above, but also by purely being a badass and a gamer with the skills to back it up.

Best of luck tomorrow, and I look forward to the post fight victory celebration.

RowdyBec - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

Haha nope. I'm digging "Die Antwoord" lately and made a bunch of gifs from their music videos.. that's supposed to by my "me gusta" gif haha

But I've never turned down a friendly scrap! ;D

RowdyBec - 

Why does Shoman always bill me as "Rowdy" Bec Hyatt though?? Huh Shoman?? IT'S BEC "ROWDY" HYATT DAMNIT :) Sorry... I'm hungry & tried....

You called yourself RowdyBec on here.

Taz Styles - 
RowdyBec - 

Boom! Rowdy roasted!

shoman - 
Taz Styles - 
RowdyBec - 

Boom! Rowdy roasted!

ChokeEmOut - 
RowdyBec - 
UGCTT_EnderTL - 

If it makes you feel better, I'd hit it. lol

Despite that gif the chick from Die Antwoord is sexy. Bec perhaps sexier though.;-)