Rowdy Bec roasts Clark, TUF

If you want to know how "Rowdy" Bec Rawlings feels about Heather Jo Clark, you need look no further than yesterday's weigh-ins. These two do not get along and Rawlings went full Diaz, flipping the bird to Clark. The pair clashed all season long during TUF 20, and when the TUF Finale fights were announced earlier this month, well, the 25-year-old Brisbane fighter was suddenly a very happy strawweight.

“Oh man, words could not even describe the amount of excitement I have to finally punch that girl in the face,” Rawlings said. “Do you know how many people have come to me and said that they’re jealous, that I actually get to do it on Friday night and they don’t? At least, over 10 people... I’m with Magana at the moment and she keeps telling me how jealous she is of me.”

Magana is Angela, the alleged leader of the Skrapettes – basically, all of Team Melendez, minus Clark, Tecia Torres and Lisa Ellis. The split between the team was a major focus of the show, but despite her clear disdain for Clark, Rawlings thinks the UFC overplayed the drama angle and showed women’s MMA in a bad light. She said she watched the show when it aired and lost interest a couple of episodes in.

Read more - Rowdy Bec roasts Clark, TUF

You know, I was watching a TUF talk, and Bec seemed genuinely hurt that so many fans had turned on her. She specifically mentioned fans saying they were "disappointed" in her. She went so far as to say it has affected her love for the sport and suggested she has questioned her willingness to continue fighting because of it. She also said she was disappointed fans had elected to believe the "5%" negative they showed on TUF instead of the 95% positive that they didn't show.

Then she goes and does something like this, basically confirming everything people think.

SMH

She is so desperate for attention its disgusting.
Claims it showed womens MMA in a bad light then flips off her opponent at the weigh ins.
Hope her and Mangina get their arms ripped off.

It's important for her to be a good role model for her children.

It's like she's trying to follow the same playbook as Magana, but doesn't have the heart for it. She plays the heel, but then it hurts her feelings when people buy it.

I really like the positive side that I've seen of Bec, she seems pretty funny and like she's usually having a good time.

I also really detest the negative shit I've seen. The catty crap on TUF was really disgusting from top to bottom.

Often the truth lies somewhere in between and I think that's the case here.  We saw all her crap on TUF and maybe that was all of the bad stuff slanted and smashed together for rating, but we also see instances of her just being shitty to Clark, so it's not like it's entirely made up either.  I don't think Bec is a shitty person , but I don't think she's quite the girl that we all thought and hoped she was.

If nothing else, I hope all of the girls that came across on TUF poorly can use it to reevaluate the persona that they're portraying and make some improvements.  

Stay classy Bec

I don't want to call it trashy but....

clattymine - 

I really like the positive side that I've seen of Bec, she seems pretty funny and like she's usually having a good time.

I also really detest the negative shit I've seen. The catty crap on TUF was really disgusting from top to bottom.

Often the truth lies somewhere in between and I think that's the case here.  We saw all her crap on TUF and maybe that was all of the bad stuff slanted and smashed together for rating, but we also see instances of her just being shitty to Clark, so it's not like it's entirely made up either.  I don't think Bec is a shitty person , but I don't think she's quite the girl that we all thought and hoped she was.

If nothing else, I hope all of the girls that came across on TUF poorly can use it to reevaluate the persona that they're portraying and make some improvements.  

well most of her earlier posts were actually her alleged wife beating husband.

What is clear is that the UFC censored a lot of the behaviour to show the women in a better light which is BS imo. They shoulda shown all the drama Heather and Randa alluded to.

Hopefully this will be Bec and Angela's first and last fight in the UFC. If it wasn't for Bec fighting girls making their professional debut she would be like 1-3.

It's crazy just looking at these girls records that this is the highest level in the world for WMMA at 115. It's crazy to see fighters that are 1-0, 3-1, 2-1 in a tournament for a world title. I can't take it seriously.

I don't know maybe Im still grumpy and just need my coffee. Phone Post 3.0

PrettyBoy - Hopefully this will be Bec and Angela's first and last fight in the UFC. If it wasn't for Bec fighting girls making their professional debut she would be like 1-3.

It's crazy just looking at these girls records that this is the highest level in the world for WMMA at 115. It's crazy to see fighters that are 1-0, 3-1, 2-1 in a tournament for a world title. I can't take it seriously.

I love watching her fight. She's got some pretty solid boxing for WMMA and she goes hard. Phone Post 3.0

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome -
PrettyBoy - Hopefully this will be Bec and Angela's first and last fight in the UFC. If it wasn't for Bec fighting girls making their professional debut she would be like 1-3.

well of course you'll see girls with few fights in line for a title shot.  It's because the division is just starting out.  duuhhhhh

Really dude...? Thee have been major women's MMA fights taking place at 115 since prob at least 2006.

Bellator Ran a women's 115 tournament about 5 years ago. Hook and Shoot ran one back in 08-09. Deep Since 08. Etc

Your telling me since UFC just opened the division that a 1-0 fighter should be in the tournament for a title. Can you imagine if they did that with guys? Phone Post 3.0

kungfukid - She is so desperate for attention its disgusting.
Claims it showed womens MMA in a bad light then flips off her opponent at the weigh ins.

There's something wrong with people like you. These girls / guys get into a cage and try to inflict serious damage on one another, but flipping someone off makes MMA look bad? You've got to be delusional to think that this will ever be a family sport. The fight will always be worse than anything these girls can do or say beforehand.

There's no doubt the UFC showed wmma in a bad light. They made it seem like people were being bullied when they weren't; and they had no regard for how that would affect the fighters or wmma as a whole.

kungfukid - She is so desperate for attention its disgusting.

This.

PrettyBoy - Hopefully this will be Bec and Angela's first and last fight in the UFC. If it wasn't for Bec fighting girls making their professional debut she would be like 1-3.

Relax dude. The whole purpose of TUF isn't always to create "fans". They just want people to care whether you love them or hate them.

I still think Bec and Angela are cool, the show certainly showed them both in a harsh light, but they are both outspoken and entertaining for the most part. I think they are both here to stay, win or lose.

There were a lot of girls that weren't even on camera much at all. Those are the ones that are at the most risk of a cut if they have a bad performance and lose. Phone Post 3.0

Not right how Fox edited in flicking heather off to her face, and left out the positives

Easy win for Bec. Zuffa wants her around. On the other hand, they put Magana up against Tecia lol.

clattymine - 

well said!

I was quite neutral on Bec's personality, but I was always a fan of her fighting.

I began to love her attitude too her on the UG and her FB page.

I became a bigger fan when I heard about the abuse. I really admire her strength.

But that gang/bully attitude along with the weigh-in stunt really made me see her in a different light.

when you are bullied and abused yourself it changes many other aspects of your personality and how you deal with others.

I hope this is just a phase. She is still young. Maybe a loss to Heather is what she needs.