Rowing machine or exercise bike for cardio?

I row at Orange Theory and holy hell it’s an incredible workout. Your upper back will get swoll.

I guess OP it really depends if this will be used to supplement a workout routine or if this will be the workout routine

If just looking to add some cardio and this will be a piece of the puzzle then go with an assault bike

If this will be pretty much all you do then go with the rower. For me, rowing is all I am doing

The best one is the one you actually use.  Do you prefer biking or rowing?

I have the peloton.  My wife brought it without my consent. However I do 30 minutes on it after lifting so my workouts are now about hour and a half.... it's convenient and it's a good cardio

Rowing is the shit.  Great if you're a  bjj/judo person like me because of the pulling motion.  Takes too much space and kind of boring, though.

I bought a relatively cheap assault bike because i didn't want to spend or have the space for a rower.
That shit will tire you out with the quickness.  I do 10 minutes every morning right out of bed every day and at first i was nauseous AF for about a week, every time.

Fan of Fanboys -
Fern 10th Planet -
Fan of Fanboys -

Row machine works more muscles. Aerobic and anaerobic workout. You'll continue to burn more calories afterwards. 

A top row machine, the concept 2, is cheaper than a top exercise bike such as Ecehlon or Pelaton. And that's without factoring in monthly subscription many go with on those. 

But what really matters is what you'll use. I wish the concept 2 had an iPad mount so I could watch while rowing. I got a concept 2 at the beginning of Feb. I really like it, I'm following a 24 week plan and finishing week 6 tonight. 

I bought a phone mount for mine, seems kinda cheap but does the job, better than nothing. 

I have the phone mount that came with it but my iPhone doesn't fit while in the case. I dunno why they don't have an iPad mount

*Edit just looked and they do. I swear I've looked before and didn't find. $130 but I'm still going to buy. Can binge some shows now 

Link please! 

Fern 10th Planet - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Fern 10th Planet -
Fan of Fanboys -

Row machine works more muscles. Aerobic and anaerobic workout. You'll continue to burn more calories afterwards. 

A top row machine, the concept 2, is cheaper than a top exercise bike such as Ecehlon or Pelaton. And that's without factoring in monthly subscription many go with on those. 

But what really matters is what you'll use. I wish the concept 2 had an iPad mount so I could watch while rowing. I got a concept 2 at the beginning of Feb. I really like it, I'm following a 24 week plan and finishing week 6 tonight. 

I bought a phone mount for mine, seems kinda cheap but does the job, better than nothing. 

I have the phone mount that came with it but my iPhone doesn't fit while in the case. I dunno why they don't have an iPad mount

*Edit just looked and they do. I swear I've looked before and didn't find. $130 but I'm still going to buy. Can binge some shows now 

Link please! 

I found this, but it is not the American URL so unsure if it'll work (or where you are)

https://shop.concept2.com.au/model-d/657-tablet-mount-for-indoor-rowermodel-c-d.html

This is the one I bought:

https://www.rowfree.com/products/rowfree

1 Like
Fan of Fanboys -
Fern 10th Planet - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Fern 10th Planet -
Fan of Fanboys -

Link please! 

I found this, but it is not the American URL so unsure if it'll work (or where you are)

https://shop.concept2.com.au/model-d/657-tablet-mount-for-indoor-rowermodel-c-d.html

This is the one I bought:

https://www.rowfree.com/products/rowfree

Thanks!

Found this one for large tablets

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/817684061/concept2-model-d-pm5-phone-tablet-holder

1 Like

I Just bought a Rogue Assault Bike, I love it

Thats on my list once I finish this 24 week row plan

I used some stimulus money on a weight rack setup and a rowing machine. Money well spent.

I dust both off every couple of weeks.

1 Like

I want one of those old school wooden rowing machines like Frank Underwood has.

Aesthetically beautiful, but I don’t think there is a better, more reliable rower on the market than a concept 2. Kinda the industry standard.

Franks is called the Water Rower. About 300 more than a concept 2.

1 Like

Jump rope
Cheap and doesn’t take up any space.